Reviews for Katra
All-things chapter 7 . 11/26/2013
Great story! I'm interested to see what happens next.
Tishbing chapter 7 . 11/13/2012
This is amazing. I'm so sad you never finished it. Please do
WonderB chapter 7 . 3/29/2011
Holy shit. This is a whole new level of amazing. Seriously. Just.. everything. You really need to update, or my head might explode. What happens to Spock and McCoy? The world may never know D:
tran chapter 7 . 7/7/2010
i keep coming back to this fic and rereading it, wishing there were more. it's so refreshing to read a trek fic that isn't slash (even though i don't mind slash every now and then). i hope you decide to continue with this someday. i need to know what happens!
TheDreamerLady chapter 7 . 6/14/2010
Well, it's the medal I'm concerned about.

Or how they get the medal, or whether or not Bones and Spock chill out and get over themselves.

Please please please update?

I know it's been months, and maybe you've forgotten but... I'd really thank you if you'd update.

It'd mean a bunch to me.

The Woods Witch chapter 7 . 2/16/2010
Please update soon! I just stumbled upon this fic and now am desperately craving more!
Harm Marie chapter 7 . 1/20/2010
I love this story. This chapter was amazing.
perelleth chapter 7 . 12/25/2009
Wow, this is one of the best stories I've read so far. i have trouble deciding if they are TOS or Nu, and please take it as a compliment, because I find everyone so in chracer that it's delightful to read- and re-read- while you update. I really find it so believabale that nu Mccoy and Nu Spock wopuld have trouble finding common ground, and this piece really takes a wonderful premise to make things work right from the start of this new universe-five year mission. Congratulations. I'm so looking forward for more!
Bottled Fame chapter 7 . 11/25/2009
Chapter 7 is exceptional. I admit I had my doubts about the story at the time you launched it, nevertheless I decided to follow it.

Now I feel much rewarded for doing so. Your narration has enough convincing detail to support the reader's imagination, and well-paced profluence that does not omit the necessary descriptions.

This latest chapter, moreover, deals with the loss of Kirk Prime in a way that I did not encounter before. It realistically depicts the life-long awkward relationship between McCoy and Spock, and how they would deal with each other under the strain of lacking the third, supervisory party. You give a convincing picture of how McCoy would grieve, and it is an interesting touch that he would say "we need each other", in order to avoid stating "I cannot bear it alone; I need your help to bear this".

If three people have been so close, how would they behave when only two of them are surviving? Grief, I think, is perhaps the most powerful pain a Human can encounter, and if not addressed properly it can lead to anything on the scale between depression and aggression. It is no wonder why Humans gather for funerals - funerals don't reach the dead, they are meant to reach and link the living to support.

Whereas Humans such as McCoy can only accept and grieve or deny and risk insanity, a being such as Spock still has the option of purging himself of emotion.

In your story, Spock makes this choice, as discarding emotion is not something he would consider an inacceptible alternative. Your conclusion from this premise is very realistic - Spock, who no longer cares enough to look how the doctor is doing, and McCoy's self-seclusion, because he is faced with standing the pain alone, without having someone who truly understands (only the other survivor of a trio such close were able to understand; everyone else would only be disappointing).

Very well done.

HooleQuinn chapter 7 . 11/21/2009
I was debating reading this story and I'm glad I did! It's quite good. It's certainly an interesting premise. I'm eager to see how this all shakes out. Hopefully Spock & Bones will see that they're meant to be friends, close friends even. And then the Trinity will form and all will be right with the world ;)
forever-young-88 chapter 7 . 11/21/2009
I love these guys. They're awesome. You're awesome.
forever-young-88 chapter 6 . 11/21/2009
Sarek is awesome.

And this chapter broke my heart.

So good.
Lionheart chapter 7 . 11/20/2009
I've been quietly following this story since the start and I have to say, while every single chapter has been getting better and better, this last one just blew me away. The characterization was perfect, the writing spot-on, the descriptions and everything-I was utterly, utterly absorbed. Gah, I can't explain how much I think of this. Every line, every emotion is so completely *Star Trek*. You have it nailed. This is one gem of a story, something of such quality that you rarely find it online. On par with, and even better than some professionally published works I've read. Well done.
crimson chapter 7 . 11/19/2009
what an utterly compelling chapter, and story overall. the way spock and mccoy are forced to stare unflinchingly and face each other-i am left breathless and chocked with them from the depth of experience they had.

i love how you hint at the potential for friendship contrasted with their usual argumentative interactions-that makes that friendship even more tragic in spock prime's time, and even more precious in the nu!trek timeline. softie and sucker for happy endings that i am, i really really hope they can finally be friends in the end ;_;
Arisprite chapter 7 . 11/19/2009
WOW! THis was amazing. The feelings were so good, in character, and jumping out of the screen. Good job!