Reviews for A Break for Tea and Some Biscuits
GrayIceEternal chapter 4 . 2/16
For a start, let it be said that before I always considered the best relationship between these two to be the apprehension of Sodia as Yuri quells his anger at why was done to him for the sake of everybody else, an how e respects Sodia for what she did just because he was no better, and now just as he is, Yuri is depending on Sodia to watch I've Flynn where he cannot, although she cannot so as great a job, for she has a complex that almost borders worship. However, this story has changed my perspective... Never thought they could bind on this deep a level... Although it ha been years, please try and find time or inspiration to update. There are others waiting besides myself... There might be reasons to why you choose to not update, but if possible, please complete the story or an explanation in an author's note of why you choose not to continue. It has great potential...
Guest chapter 4 . 7/9/2014
Sir or mam I understand it has been 4 years but I would like to ask you to continue this story or to pass it on. I am addicted to this story and I would love to read this till the end. You have my gratitude for writing this story up to this point though. Please continue if you can.
foolboy19 chapter 4 . 6/26/2014
love the story so far hope you finish it eventually. I like how you portray the characters and are keeping their personalities. glad to see some people like this pairing as well. its a tie with yuri and rita for my favorite pairing in the game
Gravenimage chapter 4 . 2/19/2013
I love this story I like Yuri/Sodia.
SunshineSketch chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
UPDATE! UPDATE!

PLEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE?
Hate Eater chapter 4 . 4/13/2012
She cant blackmail him... i mean, she have a debt to Yuri -.- Whatever, this fic seem so great, i was foun of the Yuri/sodia before but MEN you make a great job :3
SolBadguy154 chapter 4 . 7/22/2011
To be honest with you, this is one of the best fics Ive read, Im not really a big fan of the Yuri/Sodia pairing yet somehow youve managed to change my mind drastically, Everything works out perfectly fine, I love Sodias POV, her character has very very much to offer or at least youve made it seem that way, youve managed to capture their essence and I must say youve done a pretty good job, so the only thing I have to say is to keep the good work because Im pretty sure that lots of people beside me are waiting for you to update this story.
Abcd chapter 4 . 7/20/2011
Please continue this!
KassieBoyd chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
It'd be really nice if you could get back to this. I'm really enjoying it and look forward to more.
LeoOsaka Bakura's stalker chapter 4 . 9/20/2010
I love your characterization of Yuri. I really really do. I wan't really a fan of Yuri/Sodia, but I clicked out of intrigue and I'm glad I did. Even if you never finish it, I walk away with a fond reading of this portrayal. There's more than just a joker or a badass, you made him human to me. A lot more than I see a lot of writers do with him. c: I do hope you continue this.
anon chapter 4 . 9/6/2010
I love this story! Please! Continue! I really want to know what happens next!
Tomorrows News chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Now this might offend you if criticism is a sore spot, I don't really care because I'm saying this to hate you. And help you.

You need to realize that I could literally delete entire sections of this chapter and it would not impact the story at all because those sections define what fanfiction filler is. They'd never get past an editor that knows what hes doing because they provide nothing for the reader besides boredom and distraction from the juicy parts of your story.

You have to understand you've got an idea I like, it's just some things you do make it difficult.

An example: -"On the walk home, I can't help but think of his words, hitting a bit too close for comfort. Was that really how it was? That the only way I could feel fulfilled was to be useful?

Did I really have no control over my self-worth?

But then, now that I think about it, it somehow seems true. Thinking about some of my greater moments of happiness, most of them were when I had been helpful in apprehending some criminal of some sort, when I had been useful to Flynn and had been able to contribute. And what's wrong with that? Feeling happy because all of your accomplishments and abilities have worked up into some meaning and some use?

But when he puts it that way, now it suddenly seems all too pathetic and sad. Because in the end, am I just allowing my worth to be defined by others? Just like how I went to Lowell to see if he could use my help somehow, so I could relieve myself of my guilt.

Is that the only way to justify myself?

No, surely there was another answer that I was missing."-

Yes I took your entire little monologue after Sodia's first meeting with Yuri. It's irrelevant and provides no new insight on Sodia's mindset that you haven't already established earlier. If you really wanted to hammer home the idea that she has no clue what she's doing and why she's doing it OCCASIONALLY flavor the bits when she's interacting with Yuri. After she says something stupid provide an action like "she squeezes her eyes shut, in disbelief. Did she really just say that?". It's dynamic, and it doesn't break the flow of the story.

Another part that comes right after this section, when she's talking with the old man. I don't even know why it's there, other than to be used as some sort of transition into her talking with Yuri. What purpose does the old man serve? Is he a cameo? Are you going to use him later to justify taking up the readers time? If not, you really need to take a look and ask yourself why you put him there. It would have been more interesting if you jumped straight into -"I came to return your jacket. Thank you for it; it was quite comfortable."- or anywhere further into the section when she's talking to Yuri. With the previous scenes you've already had the "meeting scene", why are we getting another one? It's fruitless and doesn't contribute anything. Just dive straight into the juicy Yuri/Sodia goodness because this is the first chapter and your reader hasn't invested enough yet to push through you interrupting it all the time.

If you REALLY want to monologue with Sodia, introduce third parties that stimulate the dynamic, freshen up what could very well be running out of steam, then do it later after you've actually justified doing it.

Now, by this point, if you're even still reading, I bet I've pissed you off. Let me do that a little more with a question: why are you using first person? You haven't done much at all in the first chapter that benefits from it. Third person limited would work much better.
BakaBlue chapter 3 . 4/23/2010
Yeah..um...Aspio was destroyied...

But you probaly realized this already, and how...
dunno why this is here chapter 4 . 4/12/2010
This is such a weird pairing...and yet it's awesome. I'm definitely gonna have to keep reading this.
animeflunky chapter 4 . 3/9/2010
I really like this story a lot. Both yuri and sodia are both very in charachter and I really like the way they are slowly becoming more comfortable with each other. This is probably the best tales of vesperia story ive read so far, so keep it up :)