Reviews for Unconventional
thefanficwriter chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
quite unique, this story is...LOVED IT. not a bunch of fluffy crap.

~yuumi
RagamuffinSundrop chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Sweet
Nina of the Galaxy chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Love it. Want some more of it. Keep writing!
emmettismymonkeyman chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
haha mrs. palms and her five daughters, thats clever. u should write more but thats fine if u dont choose to. :)
NiminariAmriath chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
and the fun in dysfunctional ;-) ok that a lame pun but the story was good
bookworm2663 chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Haha I love it. You captured what my idea of the characters' personalities would be in a very short excerpt. Kudos to you, darling, and I hope you write more!
Luna the sheikah chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
This gave me a good laugh. Particularly Shilo and GR's banter at the end. Nice little one shot :)

LUNA
Forestwater chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
I'm glad this is up. I love it, and it's one of the only Grilo fics that I actually enjoy. Congratulations on keeping everyone IC, which is especially difficult in Repo!, I think. I'm not sure why, but it is.

And my profile's scary? Excellent!

. . . Now that I think about it, ever since I put up my scary profile, the only authors I get who ask me to beta for them are ones who sincerely want their writing to be better, take constructive criticism well, and are often good authors to boot. I haven't gotten a single fanbrat yet. There's something to be said for having a tough exterior. And I'm glad you think I'm sweet, too. :) You're a sweety, too. And a smarty every day.

On to the review!

God, Gillian's annoying. And I mean REALLY annoying. She has all the characteristics of a Mary Sue, except for the fact that Graverobber hates her. This is funny beyond belief. I know you can't tell, but I have a humungous smile on my face. :D Like that, only less cute.

I have no criticism! D: (I love using emoticons to express emotion. It's so much easier than saying "I am sad." This is obviously NOT the case for fiction writing, but for writing messages, emails, and reviews, it's so much fun!) I remember that I was talking to my friend while I was betaing this (don't worry, I was still totally focused on what I was doing), and my friend asked what kind of corrections I'd made so far, and I said, "I . . . inserted a comma."

You're a very good writer, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!

The description was a perfect balance between not enough and too much.

The Grilo relationship was good, too. It shows Shilo's growing up without her being a total slut, and the explanation of her and GR's living situation made total sense. The only thing you didn't explain - but hinted at - was what happened to GR and Amber after the movie. I didn't mention it, because it doesn't really matter, but it would make an interesting second chapter or separate oneshot. I'd like to see your take on it.

Anyway, this is fantastic, and one of the few Repo! fics that I really and truly love.