Reviews for Shadow Selves
Melvisik chapter 98 . 12/30/2009
Aww, poor Crane! Either way he's trapped, whether in Arkham or in the manor. But at least in Arkham he has friends. Oh I can't wait to see their reactions.

And the Joker's. I am really nervous to see what he's going to do...oh who am I kidding, I am so excited!

I was wondering how long it would take him to question how the relationship would work. On the other hand I thought it might be Alfred who'd bring up the subject. I like the way you did it though.

And having Jon ask Alfred for advice was just...oh it was great. And Alfred was perfect (as usual).

Also, I thought it was a nice touch about Crane actually taking time to observe the manor, like he's allowed to move about freely. It shows how he's acquired Bruce's trust.

But now he's going back to being incarcerated and facing the wrath of the doctors. Jeez, I wonder if they're going to overreact.

On two random notes:

1) Loki (love the name, after the norse trickster god right?) looks a lot like my Fiyero- Muezac. deviantart art/ My-Sweet-Boy-79356426 Same breed I guess. And they're both adorable!

2) If you haven't seen Sherlock Holmes yet, check it out. I personally loved it and am spreading the word.

Happy New Year!
Lily Mae Ray chapter 98 . 12/30/2009
Oh god, the thought of Bruce "going Batman" on someone's ass, especially in Jonathan's defense, is just amazing. The thought of him shedding a tear for Jonathan, however, is even more so. D'AWW!

Holy shit, I can't wait for the next update.
King0fCrows chapter 98 . 12/30/2009
oh fuck! I'm crying now, dammit! Ugh, god...*sigh* I'll just have to keep looking forward to that happy ending...*goes back to sobbing in the corner*
King0fCrows chapter 97 . 12/30/2009
In the Dark Knight novelization Harvey Dent has a thought about the "ice of Gotham's winter might finally be fading" or something like that. I can't remember the exact phrase but it implies that it's really early spring/late winter...so I'd say the begining of march. And of course, i loved this chapter. I feel for Jonathan and Bruce. :)
GreyLiliy chapter 98 . 12/30/2009
Aw~ It makes sense he had to go back so quickly. Any time to think and he'd change his mind. Or Bruce would had let him leave. Either way.

I love that Bruce was crying too. Really sets the scene and gives Jonathan that extra momentum.

I shouldn't be so amused though that he just walked into the front desk. Very sweet~
fanmuch chapter 98 . 12/30/2009
Wow! You're updating really fast now :D

Ahh..poor Jonathan/Scarecrow and Bruce.. This is going to be hard on them. Are you going to write another story to continue this one? I hope you do -determined look- Anyways, here's something funny that happened when I received the email alert for this chapter. My sister was in the room, and I was randomly doing something else on the computer when the little pop up window opened. I hugged my monitor, while screaming something like "YES! AN EMAIL!" Now my sister thinks I'm crazy and deprived. Great. Great chapter, though, even if it is really sad!
lost soul's keeper chapter 98 . 12/30/2009
*Sniffles* oh one side of me is burstig with pride and the other is screaming and crying that this isn't fair...

Very emotional...I like it...

Poor johnny...poor scarecrow too...
limiculous chapter 97 . 12/30/2009
My God, you are truly beautiful. I've just completed a two day marathon of The Knight and the Prince and Shadow Selves, and I must say that this is the best thin I have read in at least three months. I'm in such awe that I cant really praise you enough.

Oh, and thanks for mentioning E Nomine. They have a new fan, now. And The Yellow Wallpaper. And everything else you referenced. Great stuff.

Thank you, thank you, thank you forever.
makki chapter 97 . 12/30/2009
No don't go! They'll be so cruel to him!
lost soul's keeper chapter 97 . 12/30/2009
*long impressed whistle* go jonathan. I like it.

I mean I'm sad their starting to see that only some seperation will be able to bring them toether in the end but it's nice that johnny is starting to underdstand that true love still means pain sometimes.

Kudos

As for the year or month of hte dark knight I've sort of gone with the whole 'just use the year or month it came out in real life' meaning july or 2008..seems easiset right?
Nithia chapter 97 . 12/30/2009
*Gasp* *double gasp* why? no, i didnt want Jonathan to have to go back go arkham T . T this is very sad making, but at the same time makes complete sense. often times when you read a story you hate where it goes, or at least where you think its going, but you know that any other way would just ruin the story. This fits completely with this chapter, because once again you wrote a wonderful piece that makes sense (in regards to their universe, characters, feelings, etc) but i still want to go on a rampage down some street because the concept of Jonathan and Scarecrow going back to the asylum is very unhappy making. Anyhow, my point is (not matter how this didn't seem to be my point ) the progression of the story is fantastic. Your able to (as i have probably said a million times) so profoundly understand your characters that the plot never contradicts the type of people they are, which exactly what needs to happen in order for a story to be true (well as true as fiction, especially fan fiction, can get) and profound. Your story certainly reaches that level and goes beyond.

Scarecrows confession of his fear of psychiatrists in this chapter was pretty interesting and completely understandable. I enjoyed the deeper look into his thought process a lot and the mentioning of Shirley Manson and how her final identity that unified her others was basically a snuffing out of different lives was fantastic, mainly because when i took a psychology course and studied this occurrence i had almost the exact same thoughts. I find it incredible that you, as a writer, are able to understand the different aspects of someone with a dissociative identity disorder(...or at least what Jonathan seems to have which definitely differs) and how uniquely the thought process they might have is. I attribute it to your brilliance in writing which is demonstrated throughout your stories and i hope that your working towards one day publishing, though please make sure to keep writing fanfiction, the loss of your stories in this area would be devastating. But if you do create printed works, and your most definitely have the skill too, ill make sure to somehow be the first in line to get them . Just wanted to finished with some more praise for your chapter story: Phenomenal, breathtaking, and most definitely heart-wrenching! now i must go to sleep :P and i cant wait till the next chapter...how will this all pan out T . T hopefully in a way that scarecrow and Jonathan will end up on top, i love those guys.

sincerely,

DOL
Basia Orci chapter 97 . 12/30/2009
Great chapter! Oh, and I'm not too bothered about the chapter being late (but I'm glad that you define a week as late) - I had figured that pesky thing called "real life" got in the way. Glad you're feeling better, tho!
Komman chapter 97 . 12/30/2009
Taking a break from my slow-to-work own writing I was re reading your own stories hoping the spark for m own creativity would come to me. Thinking to myself you should update, when I check my mail and 'lo and behold you had. Spooky moment truly.

Amazing as always and as I am a bad person for not making sure I click the submit review button before I scamper off to bed. Truly your smut wasn't at all terrible. From what I could tell about the TDK timeline was it took place in late summer. But to be sure I loaded up the movie for some clues, judging by the dress and the weather in Chicago, I'd say late summer early fall, not too much for the leave to be turning but cool enough to warrant jackets and light sweaters.
Lily Mae Ray chapter 97 . 12/30/2009
Once again, I'm so happy you liked your picture. (:

Glad to hear everything went well with the wisdom tooth extraction. Although the pain pills (Vicoden, I believe) I was on after my procedure never bothered me, I know what you mean about it making you sick. Two summers ago, I badly burned my right hand while pouring hot tea and was prescribed Darvocet. It made me so nauseous, I was miserable. Glad to know you're feeling somewhat better.

Yay, kitties! Photobucket is failing me right now, so I can't see them, but I'm sure they're adorable. I'd love to have a cat of my own, but with my family's huge yellow lab-golden retriever mix, I don't think it would work out all that well. Not that I think she would intentionally harm one, it's just that she hasn't had all that much exposure to other animals, so I wouldn't really know what to expect.

I'm glad to see some interaction between Jonathan and Alfred. Only Mr. Pennyworth himself could out-snark Dr. Crane.

Btw, I adore your Alfred. In the majority of the other fics I've read, he was used more as a filler, pretty much devoid of any real character or personality. With yours, on the other hand, I can totally picture Michael Caine looking all British and pissed at Jonathan while he lectures Bruce about not bumping uglies with his captive. Lolz. Ok I'm done. :3
justgonenow chapter 97 . 12/29/2009
please tell me theres a sequel after this...

oh Jonny, you really do love him, don't you?

don't even worry about taking your time updating, most people don't update for months to years on end!

your chapters always please too, and I love it!

also, the idea of scarecrow being a rich bitch? brilliant. I must draw you some art for this story now!
1,278 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »