Reviews for Shadow Selves
Mimi tann chapter 100 . 3/24/2013
Oh, I just love this fanfic so much... All the references and good writing! Thank you for writing this.
Sysvelte chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Do you know how amazing you are? Words can not describe...!

So I read this awhile ago, but never bothered to sign in to leave a review and feel horrible about it. When I decided to finally sign in and add you to author alert, I thought "why not leave a review somewhere? She deserves it!" And so here I am, talking nonsense at ungodly hours of the morning.

Do you know the emotional rollercoaster you've put me on throughout this series? I was laughing, crying, squeeing, prancing, yelling. You've made me love Scarecrow more than I already did.

When I saw you referenced on Tv Tropes, I had to check you out, and I can't say I'm disappointed. At all. You've left me breathless, engaged, wanting more, and that's very hard to manage.

Eventually, I'll re-read this, because it is inevitable that I do so, and leave a review where I'm not simply "fangirling"...

Keep up the amazing work, I love reading it.
Guest chapter 100 . 9/16/2012
Hi! I know this story has been out for quite some time now, but I just finished reading it for probably the 100th time and I realized I have never left you a review. I am not a member of the site, as I am not a writer myself. But I wanted to tell you how much I absolutely love your stories and your writing. The more I read the more it is obvious how much work and thought goes into your stories, although with the way you write it, it seems effortless. This is by far my favorite story on this site and I just wanted you to know that you are freakin awesome! Sorry its taken me so long to review
ghostboi chapter 49 . 7/24/2012
Johnathon (& Scarecrow) seem to be multiple, rather than DID. There's awareness in the former that sometimes isn't found in the latter.

Love this story, by the way. So much that I'm it for a third time, since finding it. _
strixx chapter 100 . 2/22/2012
After reading this whole series, I finally decided that a proper review was in order.

Wow, I feel horrible now.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that this is one of the best works I've read on the site, and definitely one of the only ones that caught my attention right from the start. And in addition to that, you made the characters perfectly 3D and realistic, and that kept my attention throughout the whole thing. I wasn't torturing myself to read an amateur-level story just for the brilliancy of the plot; yours was very well-written with an engaging storyline that *didn't* make me want to kill something horribly.

Not to mention all the quotes and references - I just love the fact that you're also a very intelligent person on top of a great writer. It pulled everything together with that touch of 'real life'. And I swear, I actually had to stop reading a few times because I was laughing too hard to concentrate at some of the references you made. xD

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that you reiterated certain points a lot. I can't recall if they were crucial to the story or not; I just remember getting extraordinarily annoyed that I kept seeing the same point being re-told over and over again. And just because no one's perfect, I won't focus too much on that.

So yeah. As a fairly inexperienced writer, I can say with full certainty that you're someone I aspire to be like one day.
Elizabeth Tudor chapter 34 . 12/17/2011
I just went through and re-read Shadow Selves, and I have to say, you don't disappoint on a repeat reading, hon! I also caught the Dr. Horrible reference this time. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, poor Jonathan really is a lot like Dr. Horrible...

Oh dear. Poor Jonathan indeed. I'm not sure who to feel worse for at this point: Dr. Crane for being so totally out of his depth in his own head, or Bruce for having to struggle along behind him. Just a bad situation all around.

I really do love Bruce's random musings on the few bits of psychology and psychiatry he's managed to pick up, and how he eventually dismisses them as not at all helpful. It adds a beautiful touch of realism to the story; I can see it happening to anyone, not just Batman.

"Stop being nice." "No." Words cannot describe. XD

Still not sure how to feel about Scarecrow. While having a constant companion might be nice, too much of him and I think I would've taken to home surgery to get him out of my head. ...It's probably a good thing I'm not a villain, I'm really not cut out for it... Kudos to Jonathan for dealing with this insanity.

Even the voices in his head thought he'd gone insane? Chica, I adore you.

You're quite right. Intelligence does go hand in hand with curiosity, even at the price of losing common sense.

Hahaha, I love that pants that fit are now the high point of Jonathan's life. And that he realizes just how very telling that is. Poor man.

It really is kind of sad, that Jonathan has nothing to compare kindness to except Joker's manipulations and Harley's delusions. Poor man is so very isolated; it's easy to forget just how horrible his life has been. And as Bruce knows, that doesn't excuse his actions, but it does explain them.

OH! This has nothing to do with anything, but I discovered the wonder that is the TV Tropes website (I caught onto Cracked years ago, not sure why TV Tropes took so long) only to find your fic 'The Doctors and the Nurses They Adore Me So' referenced as an example of a trope used in fanfic! It made me very happy indeed. D

Anyways, off to read more - I have to review before I go on, or I know I'll get caught up in this and completely forget to review until the end, and that's not fair at all. So off to read more!

Cheers!

~Liz
J5TRXIII chapter 100 . 8/11/2011
Wow, I rather enjoyed this story, going to college to be a psychologist and wow, you hit so many good points. I love Scarecrow, his so epic and adorable XD. Jonathan is too cute for words, and Bruce well, his Bruce XD. Thank you for writing such an epic story and hope to read more of them in the future.
Sir Gnome the Giant chapter 100 . 7/30/2011
I've read every single story of yours that's a part of this series, and they are all amazing, but this one takes the cake. The ending was beautiful, and everyone is in character, and you write amazingly. Would you care to do my assignments for my English class? I'm sure I'll get an A if you do, haha. But anyway, great job, darlin'.
softchuckle chapter 100 . 7/14/2011
YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME YOU'RE AWESOME

YOU'RE REALLY REALLY AWESOME
MadeOfSquirrels chapter 9 . 6/12/2011
Okay. I love this, and I plan to read til the end...

But 'I can't believe it's not butter' FORCED me to stop and review at this point.

YOU ARE TAKING MY FAVOURITE BATMAN VILLAIN AND YOU ARE MAKING HIM BEAUTIFULLY 3-D.

And I am currently p155ing myself laughing at 1am praying the parents don't wake up and dammit, I have school tomorrow but I refuse to go to bed before the end of this. I LOVE YOU.
celestine chapter 100 . 6/6/2011
Omg sooo good I laghed wen bruce kicked jokers butt not that i dont like joker but he deserved it lol I also thot the sweeny todd nd nightmare before christmas music diid seem like stuff jonathan wood like nyway great job it was awsome:)
Guest chapter 100 . 5/1/2011
whoa that was long. but good.
ghostboi chapter 100 . 3/31/2011
Finally finished this one, & ugggh.. i love it. I love that bruce ended up visiting at the asylum. Utterly brilliant writing.
so2460done chapter 100 . 1/27/2011
Best, ending, ever. God, that was awesome.

Right from joker's teeth to the conspicuous hug. Perfect ending all Round. :D

I read the whole thing in like... A bit more than a week? I'm very suprised with myself. Ha, I let so many things slide, reading this. Not a good thing to do during finals... BUT IT WAS JUST SO GOOOOD!

3 love
Notation chapter 35 . 1/5/2011
One would think that when Crane said that Bruce was still Batman, Bruce may have responded with horror - mock or otherwise - and made some comment that he hoped that Crane wasn't as out of touch with reality, and obsessed with the idea of Batman, in way that the Joker was. Perhaps explaining that he was mostly Bruce and had happened to create Batman for the purposes of crime-fighting. Though I suppose that is a tad personal.
1,278 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »