Reviews for Shadow Selves
Duly Noted chapter 23 . 1/5/2011
'Thinking about the proper insulation of supervillains. This was what his life had become.' - Those lines were great. The tone was exactly spot-on.
Minor Detail chapter 16 . 1/5/2011
Poison, observe, *document/record*, repeat. A scientist needs to record results and gather data, otherwise the experiment is basically useless. I doubt Crane would neglect this important step.
Duly Noted chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Awesome chapter title - very appropriate.
Guest chapter 18 . 1/3/2011
I can't even begin to understand why I'm vlurting this out...

Alexander Graham Bell didn't invent the telephone..

God! Ther, its outa ma system!

I wanna stab myself IN THE FACE.
andaere chapter 100 . 12/5/2010
Wow. You are a truly amazing author, I have to say. I've read almost all of your series (except for the one focusing on Jonathan and Harley, because I wanted to skip straight into the one focused on Jonathan and the Joker and I've been to lazy to go back and read it) and they're all phenominal. Although, I regret that this is the first of your stories that I've actually reviewed (at least I think it is). What can I say, one hundred chapters and over 275,000 words convinced me to finally make a little effort to tell you what I think.

Anyways. Honestly, before reading your works, I didn't really care about Jonathan Crane. I really just read Act Like We Are Fools because it was a well-written, long, completed story with the Joker as one of the main characters. But while reading, I became invested in Jonathan, too. To me, your Jonathan is the canon Jonathan. Scarecrow and the toxin poisoning leading to lots of complications and liking cake mix and all that... that's how I view Jonathan Crane now. And that's a good thing. :)

Now, time to focus on the actual story I'm reviewing. It's always a difficult process to do pairings like this, where you start with hate and have to end up with love. I think you did that very well. At first, Jonathan's just dependent, but then they become friends, and it leads to something more... I also liked that Scarecrow wasn't on board with it for a long time (at least not emotionally... xD), and that stalled their progress. It's really sweet when Bruce ends up comforting Scarecrow.

Your writing is excellent. Proper grammar and spelling (YAY!), wonderful dialogue that's just a joy to read, well done characters, humor, angst, gah... I love your writing. I read this whole thing in... I don't know, maybe just a few days. I often wanted to read this instead of doing homework... ;)

I like how you ended this, too. I do feel like a romantic relationship would be a little difficult if one of the partners thought of the other as insane, so it's good that Jonathan's getting help. I both like and don't like that you left a lot of stuff open-ended (leaving room for a sequel?), like whether Scarecrow will disappear and what the heck the Joker is going to do when he realizes that Bruce has not been destroyed by the relationship, far from it. (LOL about the teeth and not talking... I felt so bad for the Joker!)

Anyways, I'm sure I have a lot more to say but I've forgotten all of it. Overall, great series, and great story. Thank you for writing this and completing all of your stories (a truly admirable thing to do). You rock! :)
Saltimbanque chapter 96 . 11/20/2010
Wow, I've been reading this masterpiece for a second time now - along with your other fanfictions - and I must admit it only gets better!

Just wanted to ask, though: I'd like to read the parts on your Livejournal, but I can't find them; the link seems dead. I remember clearly reading them the first time, so I know I'm missing something! Do you know what's happened to them?
Ichireiro chapter 100 . 10/3/2010
...Wow. I just...Wow. After 100 chapters-not even including the fics that came before this one-that's all that I can think of to say. "Wow". Seriously. I don't even...I'm amazed that I've made it this far. Small attention span when it comes to fics, and all. I...Later, when I'm over my amazement, I'll feel proud of myself. All 100 chapters, plus the sections on LJ that were too graphic to put on here. I'm pleased with myself. I'm pleased with YOU. I can't think of any other fic that I've finished that had 100 chapters. You're amazing, you know that? You SHOULD considering you have over 1,000 reviews. It couldn't hurt for someone to tell it to you though (though I'm sure someone has some where in those reviews)-you're amazing. Brilliant. And I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my Fall break reading your work.
Ichireiro chapter 88 . 10/2/2010
This chapter was honestly hard for me to concentrate on. I know that it shouldn't have been considering I was curious about Scarecrow's birth, but...

You mentioned Buffy. And that killed my concentration. It took a lot out of me not to review as soon as I saw that. I almost reviewed before I even finished the chapter, which isn't something that I do. Ever. But I made it, reading the chapter until it was finished. Even if you mentioning OMWF caused me to listen to/sing Going Through the Motions, which made it even harder to concentrate. Oh well. I'm almost finished with this thing, might as well keep going, Buffy or not.

Hush, by the way? I can see Jonathan enjoying the episode; it IS creepy, especially that little girl's song. (...A song that I may or may not know all of the words to and sing.) Since it's _Jonathan_ though, I thought that he would have picked Fear Itself. Oh well.

The chapter was good as usual, and I hope that me mentioning it being hard to concentrate on didn't make you think that I didn't enjoy it, because I did. Buffy just happens to be the one thing that would have killed my attention span.

Anyway. Looking forward to reading the next chapter.
Ichireiro chapter 7 . 9/26/2010
Woo. I love Salad Fingers, but I had forgotten all about him. So thank you for reminding me.

Anyway. I usually don't like dream sequences, but I actually enjoyed this one. And, on the note of enjoying your fics, I really like this one so far. I've missed reading something revolving around Jonathan.

And, as a side note, there's actually a Jonathan video up on Youtube using Sweet Dreams, but it's the Manson version.
NextNothingNew chapter 100 . 8/14/2010
Joy! I can't even go on a long rant about how much I loved this fic because I'm still honestly stuck on the 'Bruce went to go see him! He really did! Yay!' ending of this chapter. But, yes, this is definitely one of my favorites for fic, that you took so much time and effort to write it, and I'm immensely glad you did.
NextNothingNew chapter 99 . 8/14/2010
"I wanted you to have this as a reminder of my undying love in times of trouble."

"It's white."

"What are you, some sorta flower racist? It's a sign of love, take it."

I am practically rolling on the floor, I am laughing so hard. Joker is so much fun when he's failing at traumatizing Bruce.
NextNothingNew chapter 98 . 8/14/2010
/sob

Okay, so I knew this was coming because it obviously couldn't be daisies and roses for them, but still. My heartstrings will wear out at this rate.
NextNothingNew chapter 96 . 8/14/2010
You make me want to grab Scarecrow and give him lots of hugs (not that I would try, because...yeah) I'm just glad he's not to vanish.

"The Incorruptible Batman, brought down by a come hither look. Hopefully the other villains would never work that one out." I laughed for way too long over that.
NextNothingNew chapter 93 . 8/13/2010
How did I get to chapter 93 already, jeez

All throughout the these last several chapters, my reaction could be summed up as thus:

nooo scarecrow~! ;-;

Because you kind of made me fall in love with this character.
NextNothingNew chapter 60 . 8/9/2010
I like how the villains are all bfs and actually care about each other. Nice juxtaposition between Harley's and Jonathan's scenes.
1,278 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »