Reviews for Another Chance
SentinelPrimeKnightOfCybertron chapter 1 . 3/14
Yeah I must say i agree with your assessment of Tobias. The fact that nobody bothered to tell Loren the truth about Elfangor is also pretty reprehensible of him.
mountainelements chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Excellent characterization and worldbuilding. I like how you expanded on Loren.
Alloran9466 chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
God, you nearly gave me a heart attack...
Amber chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
I loved your story. I have never reviewed a fanfic before even thoug I've read plenty of awesome ones, some which are even better than whatever they are based off, which proves how much I love this one.
The Silverdark Knight chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Nothing but the best that I've read.
mistrali chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Anna is tender and sweet and utterly believable. The part ahout Loren not wanting to be hurt and keeping everyone at arm's length hit a little too close... but that's not a criticism, it's a sign of how immersed I was in the story.
iris129 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Tobias may be my favorite character, but I do admit it was stupid and childish for him to run away. I can understand it. Doesn't mean I agree. He could have at least kept in contact with Loren.

I love your impression of Loren. I never actually read books where she in, but she always struck me as one of those adults that never grows up. Anna is so cool, but is it just me, or did he over react when Loren didn't call him? Probably just me.

Really? You had double-meanings in there? How come I didn't catch them? Damm, I'm going blind...

This is definately going in my favorites!
HotPinkCoffee chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
I'm in love with this story. I actually really hope you write original fiction, because you crafted the relationship between Anna and Loren so fabulously. You're excellent at establishing character and realistic dialogue.

I really like critiques of Tobias' actions in book #54, because everyone has to have a different take on it. I was always extremely sad that none of the parents were ever mentioned in #54 besides Naomi, and even that was only for the funeral. After a series that spent so much time on establishing the pain of having secret lives from the families, they did seem to get written out fairly quickly. I feel like you really did well here in making Loren's transition back to real life believable.

Good job! :)
powertrash chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
i *adored* this
elektra30 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
I really liked this story... always wondered what happened to Loren - how Tobias could just leave her alone to go off living as a hawk and then saving Ax. The wretchedness she felt is heartbreaking. Beautiful writing, lovely spot-on characterisation, and the canon details fit in perfectly. Please write more Animorph fics, I'll be glad to read them (:
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Wonderful story. I really liked how you introduced Jenny through means of a dog early on and then worked her back in as the Chee later on.
Aestivate chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Simply stunning.

No ways around it.

I, too, had to keep reminding myself that as fanon as this fic was, it was entirely canon at the same time, which made it all the more magical.

My heart and eyes swelled as I was reading some of the lines. The ending line just did it for me, because Hope was such a major ploy in the canon series.

Just breathtaking, really. Thank you.
AniJen21 chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Jesus Christ I loved this.

I am inches from crying, and nothing moves me to tears, though I did watch Grave of the Fireflies earlier today and responded to that with my regular scoff of denial, so idk.

This is one of the best Animorph fics I've ever read.

I'll admit I tried it before, and was a little daunted b/c you chose not to cut it up into chapters, but honestly just binging this in one sitting was probably the best way to do it. What I love so much about this is that Loren and Anna are so well-developed, and the story is so independent and functioning without canon, that when you DO add the canon details, they almost remove me from the story a little bit. I had to keep reminding myself that I was reading fanfiction. And that may sound like a crit, but it's not, it's like, "oh yeah, this is how complex and interesting canon COULD have been if Applegate had chosen to develop the ending more than just severing all ties in the graceless way that she did in one book." This is just fantastic.

And I mean, the details from canon you do choose to add are great. "The girl, she goes and saves forests. The boy, he does TV and is annoying. And the leader, well, he needs therapy." I laughed out loud. I never laugh out loud when I read. Just to prove that I laughed out loud, I typed out "laughed out loud" instead of "LOL'd" which I would do in a case where I do not actually laugh out loud.

Both of the characters, Loren and Anna, are so beautifully developed. You have such a knack for adding little details about character and keeping them consistent and flawed and irrational and illogical that they become people, and god you just do it so well I could study this to figure out how to replicate it. Loren seems in character, as much as she can be, what we got in canon was about 5% of what you gave us here, and even the one-off characters like Larry just breathe and move like people.

I like the way you chose to end it. I like that Anna confronted Loren about her flaws and she acknowledged them and reached out, which is really what she should have done in the first place. It's a little preachy, but it's wise-preachy, not crap like "save the rainforests" and "Be brave" that canon served up a lot of the time. Maybe I see my own flaws in Loren, so I'm glad she risked getting hurt, and DID end up getting hurt, but that's part of life I guess.

I don't know I'm rambling now. I'm going to go think about this story and probably end up crying. Thank you so much for writing it.
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Sheesh, I'm blind, I didn't notice 90% of the double-meanings until you mentioned they were there! *facepalm* Well, I get it now, and this (very long) story just got even better! XD Anyway, great job and yeah, I liked Tobias too, he's probably my favorite, but that whole disappearing act was just...childish and stupid. Anyway, great story! *gives you a cookie*
voodooqueen126 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
This is one of the best written stories that i have read in a long time! I love the mature romance the real world characters. your sensible characters and your excellent criticism of Tobias's behaviour in book 54.