Reviews for Eight of Swords, Nine of Wands
alice.terry chapter 3 . 6/19/2010
this is so well written, such a great concept, and i wanna see more! lol i know the last date u updated was about a yr ago, but i think this story should be paid some attention to. :) it's going so well so far, and i really wanna keep reading it. hope you finish it. :) -anamolly2013
Mundungus90 chapter 3 . 9/16/2009
The other reviewer was right - this story deserves far more attention than its received. I'll never get how overblown Sue-or-Stu "epics" can get so much attention while gems like this story will go ignored.

Anyway, great job. I hope you write more about this Neville and this Lavender.
xdanishxpastryx chapter 3 . 8/14/2009
I just found this story, and I really hope you decide to continue it! It really is excellent :D
Espoir Noir chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
First of all, great title. Very original, and it was definitely one of the reasons I clicked the link. And I'm so glad I did because it just kept getting better. The characterisations are true to canon, as well as being original. I love reading pieces where the author sheds a light on a different aspect of a character, and you have definitely done that too. I love the plot idea too, especially what happened at St Mungo's. Very well written, well done!
Clichesbullet chapter 2 . 6/3/2009
You know what I don't get? You're this amazing writer, who captures the characters all very nicely recreating the universe in a very believable way and still I'm the only one who seems to know your work, I mean, why aren't all you fics like super reviewed and all that? I don't get it. Are all readers interested in absurd Draco/Ginny fics? I don't know. But seriously, Vega, I only read the first chapter for this one and I can't read the others right now but, as usual, you did an amazing job. I simple love all your takes on the Longbottoms (Hannah included)and Lavender is turning out to be just as great. I still take as offense that people don't know your work as much as I do. AN OFFENSE, I TELL YOU! *shakes fist*

Oh, and since I can't afford to review anything else right now, I should problably tell that I also read the short story with Neville and Draco and that was also brilliant. You're amazing, I'm starting to get tired of complimenting you - lol - I do it so much.
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 3 . 6/1/2009
Yay Lavender! I adore Tarot and I'm glad to see a postive view of this character for once. This is really getting good!

P.S. Absolutely perfectly fitting that the nine of wands should represent the nine students who defy Carrow in Ch. 3.
chocoluvr chapter 3 . 5/30/2009
Good chapter in showing Neville's civil disobedience in defying Carrow and class and leading nine others with him at the end of the chapter.
NevemTeve chapter 3 . 5/29/2009
Really good chapter
The Codemeister chapter 3 . 5/28/2009
WO HO you go Lavender, stand up to the carrows
chocoluvr chapter 2 . 5/26/2009
Good chapter in showing Lavender's view of the DA reforming at Hogwarts and how Neville feels about stepping up to be his parent's guardian. How perceptive of Luna about Neville's feelings about his parents, though her dad is probaly the same way with her mother's death and his early career as a famous journalist who exposed corruption in the Ministry. It would be neat though if Neville's parents attacked Death Eaters at St. Mungo's and even if one of them stabbed one, probaly Alice. Good idea to have Colin give Lavender polyjuice potion so that she can pose as another student. Though Snape probaly blames Neville for Lily's death in a weird way, since he could of been the Chosen One though it was a twist of fate that it was Neville and not Harry signing for the guardianship of James and Lily. There's actually a famous British artist who drew facial injuries of British soliders in World War I who underwent plastic surgery by the name of Tonks.
chocoluvr chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Good chapter showing two different views of when the Death Eaters came into power. Though once the Death Eaters went into power, the ambassadors from different countries probaly would of been called home away from the war. Plus with blood status they probaly wouldn't have any records from foreign born witches and wizards and the other countries wouldn't share that information with them. Augusta would probaly confront a formerly famous journalist to cover about the horrible treatment that the patients in St. Mungo's are receiving and that he needs to get over the death of his wife who died when Neville was ten years old. During the last and after the last wizarding war there were probaly children hurt and killed every day, even one of Lavendar's housemates who could of been left for dead when he was a toddler. Augusta would probaly yank Frank and Alice out of St. Mungo's and send them to live with relatives abroad, probaly the American South.
NevemTeve chapter 2 . 5/25/2009
Yet another DA-story, the umpteenth... but it has original ideas and elaborated, believable, likeable characters;)

Continue soon.