Reviews for 1984: Power Corrupts
Guest chapter 1 . 3/21/2016
I loved this story :)
Personally i don't see why people like USUK as i think of them as father and son and can never see them as anything else so I'm really happy with this story (i find USUK disgusting) thanks so much
It was a great read and made me think
I want to go read the book now
Brambora121 chapter 1 . 4/10/2015
As a Hetalia fan and 1984 fan (One day ago I bought that book in a bookshop. It's my second time I am reading that and I am still thrilled - it's probably the best book ever written.) I am really happy, reading something like this story!
I had no idea, George Orwell was Eric Blair! Thank you for that fact.
This story is really, really good. The dialog is so fitting for person like Orwell, you estimated it from books well, I guess.
Also: George Orwell's idea from your story - set the 1984 in England - is your assumption? Because I never thought of it in this way. (Well, I have lots of ideas and thoughts from this book but my English level is not good for writing them. :/ )
Anyway: This story is amazing. Ideas in their conversation are good.
And now, if you excuse me, I am going to continue reading 1984. Let's just hope, that Thought Police won't catch me.
Heuress chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
I enjoyed this. I agree, I'm not a fan of USUK at all. I don't see how some people claim it's canon. I've watched all episodes and it certainly doesn't look canon to me. I see their relationship as strictly brothers or father/son. But I suppose, everyone's allowed to have their own opinion.
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
nice
Lillith 06 chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
You don't have to apologize for enjoying US and UK as a familiar relationship only. I believe there's a lot of people out there who enjoys them this way.

Besides, your fanfic is really good. It's nice to take a break from pairings and romance at once.
nurr chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
I haven't read the book yet, but dammit, you make me wanna read it. XDD

I really love this. It really makes me wonder what if the other countries meet other people like this, and how it would affect them. And I also like how you wrote America in this, and the idea/plot/theme of the story itself, because it's just so TRUE.

It's just so awesome. *A*
Kitty Harasser chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
I've read that book twice (school sometimes does that) and was so happy throughout this.

Fanfictions like this give Hetalia a lot of depth and purpose. They also put you in a very nice mood. Thank you for writing this.
AnimeDutchess chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
GEORGE ORWELL KICKS ASS.

It just had to be said.

*ahem* So, yeah! This was awesome. I thought it was going to be more of 'America-should-watch-its-ass', but the 'it-can-happen-to-you' angle was much better. I really liked this; you did a great job on it!