Reviews for Stahlkönigin
Dramon Creator chapter 29 . 5/29/2014
This, good sir, was a beautiful conclusion. Well done.
Rhavis chapter 29 . 2/1/2014
This series was damn good. I half wished that Vivio would set herself up as the Saint Kaizer on total accident and try fixing it, just to find out it was all a joke... or a dream.

That would have been funny.

Also, after reading ViVid myself your Vivio is surprisingly true to character and I think you did an amazing job with the whole project, hope you write more in the future, even if the story changes.
SapphoSensei chapter 29 . 8/16/2013
I am just leaving one review at the end since this is a completed story.

I really liked the focus on Vivio as a young adult here. I felt the story conveyed her growth as a character well.

I found the scene where Fate talks to Nanoha about her being an absentee parent touching and grounded in realism (says a lot for a futuristic, scfi magical cartoon story!)

I most liked your villains - Sonoma. They were well fleshed out.
The plot had good twists and turns and kept my interest for the long ride.
Thanks for a fun red.
Gent chapter 29 . 7/23/2013
Bravo! Bravo!
jgkitarel chapter 29 . 11/5/2012
Very well done. I certainly consider Vivio's blocking a Starlight Breaker the way she did as a CMOA, especially since she is permanently weakened in this series due to the consequences of StrikerS. Believably weakened as well.

She certainly has a lot in common with Nanoha in that regard, and she started so young too. Appropriate title to give her when she was knighted along the Ancient Belkan tradition as well.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 29 . 4/7/2012
TacoKing23 chapter 29 . 10/27/2011
Well, I just stayed up until 3:48 in the morning to read though the entire Steel Queen Chronicle, and I gotta say, it was worth the lost sleep. An excellent set of stories. Took me a while to discover them, but I'm glad I did.
ZonaRose chapter 29 . 11/28/2010
That was great. I liked your plot and lay out. Well on to the next one.
Inverse chapter 29 . 9/7/2010
Thanks for a good story! It was certainly worth the hours spent reading. Even though now we all know that Vivio has a bunny for a device and is great at hand-to-hand martial arts combat, it was nice to see a what-might-have-been.

While I'm personally not into NanoFate, I've also read most of your other MGLN stories and frankly, I was attracted to this story the most 'cuz of its epic-ness, and the involvement of Hayate. Would've like a skipped heartbeat or two for Nanoha right there at the end, but hey, kudos for a yarn well spun, and don't ever stop writing!
Another Duck chapter 29 . 3/16/2010
I started reading this fanfic around the time it got finished, I believe, but I was interrupted and didn't have much time to read, so it fell back for a while.

As I've said before in one of the earlier fics of the series, I like Vivio as she is here. That she's this Jesus-type-figure just makes it more amusing. To actually see her act the part where it's needed worked very well.

The story overall was rather predictable, as it was sort of obvious all loose plots would converge into the climax, and that it would end with Vivio using her powers to the max to absorb or deflect something of considerable strength. The prophecy sort of followed, with the choice Nanoha had to make and what the details of it meant. Of course, being decently interested in Norse Mythology made that reference easier, but still.

That said, the plot flowed well, and wasn't at any part dull, even if you saw where it was heading. The point of view shifted often enough to keep the parts from being too obviously connected. The amount of detail in the scenes also made it more probable that many of the events could have been scenery or red herrings, so that helped a lot in obscuring the evil plan.

The mood was light and soft, just like the original series, with the characters interacting in plausible ways that were in themselves interesting.

One or two of the translations felt off, but nothing you'd think about if you don't actually know German. Generally the names made sense and were fitting enough.

It's probably the best Nanoha fic I've read, especially considering it's actually finished (a huge plus).
armoredishamael chapter 29 . 1/4/2010
Excellent as always, characterization and fight pacing were especially nice.

A side note

It's *entirely* in character and believable that the TSAB still doesn't keep even one capital ship on-station over Mid even after Jail tried to nuke the entire planet with the Cradle. /facepalm
AluciusDawn chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
And alas another wonderful story ends. Twas a good run. Enjoyed it all the way through and like every other story I have reviewed from you, I cannae find anythin' wrong wit it. Exciting plot, well done characters, driven enemies and sweet mother-daughter moments. Truly a great fic. Wish I could say something useful.

... Time for more nog, 'tis the season afterall (to get inebriated)

Eleventh Messenger chapter 29 . 12/13/2009
With this series ending now, and Blood and Spirit having come to a close just a few weeks ago, my surefire weekly reading as up and disappeared! Damnation!

But seriously, The Steel Queen alternate continuity of yours rapidly became one of my favorite MSLN stories/settings, and it saddens me greatly that you're calling an end to the series because of Vivid. I understand completely, but I and I'm sure others would thoroughly enjoy seeing more stories being written for this continuity. I mean, Vivio just got Knighted, and then you cut us off? That's cold, man. /grin
Warclam chapter 29 . 12/10/2009
Well, that's that, I guess. It's over. It was great fun the way along, and I'm sad to see it go. I think I might cry.

Seriously, though— no, really, I'm serious. *sniff*

I guess it's time for me to finally see what's happening with the new series, now that I don't have anything else to cling to. If it's half as good as the Steel Queen Chronicles, I'll be ecstatic.

Thank you, DezoPenguin.

Moczo chapter 29 . 12/8/2009
... ... ... okay, your next fic absolutely HAS to revolve around Hayate actually reading the inevitable conspiracy thriller detailing her own 'evil plan'. Bonus points if it's nothing but blatant character assassination depicting Hayate as basically a distaff counterpart of Snidely Whiplash, the most obviously evil person imaginable. DOUBLE bonus points if she wrote it herself and it's STILL LIKE THAT.

On a more serious note, this was an excellent story overall. As I said before, I came into it the entire 'Steel Queen' series essentially neutral towards Vivio and came out of it actually rather fond of the pipsqueak. Not often I can say that a story totally changes my opinion of a canon character, but this one has, and I can't think of much better praise than that.

Now I just need to find something new to do with my Mondays. I suppose I could write in my own stories... but that's so much harder than reading...