Reviews for A Murmur of Fire in the Vein
Kayozm chapter 1 . 2/14
Okay, so obviously I'm jumping on here waaaay late, and you're probably not even on FF anymore, but I gotta ask - that story about the dogs & cats restaurant - did *you* write that as a child? :)
ComplexLayers chapter 23 . 11/29/2016
I tend to shy away from AH stories as I generally don't enjoy them but yours caught my eye and I gave it a shot. I have to say I immensely enjoyed this one and I was thrilled beyond measure when I realized how parallel this was to the canon personalites! A job very well done!
eaterofwords chapter 12 . 7/3/2016
I they were gonna have sex
eaterofwords chapter 11 . 7/3/2016
"she's going to think I'm the slutty bitch et cetera et cetera..yup kinda true tho
eaterofwords chapter 11 . 7/3/2016
mom and dad hale -.-
eaterofwords chapter 9 . 7/3/2016
I don't feel comfortable with her dating him just because she's afraid he'll relapse, it's only been a day ..
eaterofwords chapter 9 . 7/3/2016
"I wasn't prepared to face Edward with another boyfriend.. et cetera et cetera" I know Bella, you're the worst of them all
eaterofwords chapter 5 . 7/3/2016
what impact Bella? he can't hit you, this girl*smh*
eaterofwords chapter 3 . 7/2/2016
sheriffs are shooting black people out here btw
delany16789 chapter 13 . 6/16/2016
I like the ending of this chapter
delany16789 chapter 3 . 6/16/2016
I see flyleaf in this chapter
Guest chapter 23 . 3/24/2016
Great story. Thank you
Sassyvampmama chapter 22 . 1/12/2016
Thank you for sharing this story. This is apparently the second time I've read it, and a lot has happened since July 2011, so it hit me hard once more (though I honestly didnt recall reading it before - I've read a lot since then, lol).

Addiction is scary, no matter how long its been since the last time you used. I am thankful that you didn't gloss over the ugly parts of recoveries and setbacks, or how important support really is, as well as showing that sometimes the addict is just as much of a victim as those around them are. It was hard for me to read this at times, it made me cry and I could easily remember just how it felt to hide everything from every person I cared about, all for that all-consuming need to use. Sometimes, even though I've been (mostly) clean since 1991, I can still hear the siren song, the promise that everything will just go away, and those days, while fewer and farther apart now, are the hardest days.
And then there are the long term effects... I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and liver issues in several years ago that are most likely related to my drug abuse as a 's still embarrassing to see a new doctor and have to talk to them about my history. Whenever I have had surgeries or proceedures that will require pain control, I have to explain to literally everone why I morphine is not good for me.
I'm not telling you any of this to garner any sympathy, more so to let you know that this story touched me on a very personal level. Most stories that contain drug use, or addiction of any type, don't actually talk about it or trivialize it as nothing more than a momentary lack of judgement easily overcome, when the truth is, nothing I've ever encountered in my life has been harder to deal with.
Thank you again, I honestly loved this story.
Thata chapter 23 . 9/20/2015
Hi there, Elle,
How are you?

I've found your fic in someone's favorite list and I'm glad I gave it a chance, because "A Murmur of Cire in the Vein is absolutely wonderful, I think it might be by far one of the vast JxB all human I've read!

I loved to read how they fell in love and how it all worked out, it was simple, yet wasn't a "meet and fall in love right away" kind of story and I loved that. The characters are good and real, they could be anyone you might meet in RL.

I have depression since I can remember, albeit I don't need or like medicine, and it's something that runs in the family (as well as ADD, and I have both). I really loved to see how you've dealt with it all in a way that was not exaggerated or a "end of the world" problem. It's not easy, especially in the down-time, but it can manifest in so many ways and be dealt with with different paths as well. I'm glad to read something so beautiful that deals with such serious things.

I have so much I could write about all the characters, the plot and everything, but it would be redundant so say so many "I love it"s and "it's just perfect" in a single review. So congratulations for your wonderful fic and thanks for not pulling it out of FFnet.

Kisses from Brazil,
Thais.
Starsaroundmars chapter 23 . 9/14/2015
Gah, I loved this story from the beginning! Well, that's stretching it a bit, I read the first chapter and thought, "What the hell is this?" But before I knew it, you had me hooked. Oddly, Carter was my favorite. I think you should give him his only little story/oneshot. Either Carter or Chuck.
3,482 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »