Reviews for A Murmur of Fire in the Vein
kantorkan chapter 12 . 12/2/2013
well that went well. i just hope this doesn't turn into one of those stories that just turn to crap in the end,because i really do enjoy the Jasper/Bella ever after stories. as much as i like Alice and jasper together these stories second best right above Peter/Angela/Bella.
kantorkan chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
so is this story based on personal experience ?
kantorkan chapter 8 . 12/2/2013
well will this last or will he screw it up?
kantorkan chapter 7 . 12/2/2013
well maybe the romance won't be starting like i thought,the dumb ass slipped again,but why? if he was using again why show up at all?
kantorkan chapter 6 . 12/2/2013
So has the romance officially kicked in yet? and when will the Anal Eddie drama start?
insanemum chapter 23 . 11/21/2013
This is one of those stories that I hear mentioned from time-to-time, but that I'd never gotten around to reading for some reason. Well, I've rectified that now :) This was a very satisfying story, even if a lot of it's themes were quite depressing. I really enjoyed it. It's standing the test of time very well!
Mr. Shy Rockstar chapter 23 . 11/17/2013
I haven't read any of your stories since reading THON and I honestly couldn't tell you why since I KNOW you are a marvelous writer. I absolutely enjoyed every heart wrenching, suspenseful, emotional moment of every chapter. I was riveted by everything that took place and love how you transitioned everything so easily that I never once felt like you were moving too fast or slow or leaving out details I thought necessary. I loved every second. The Epilogue was a great addition because it definitely lets us see that Jasper and Bella do finally make it in the end, that even with their struggles they were always right beside each other :) I love this story so much, thank you so much for writing it.

This story definitely sat close to my heart because both my boyfriend and I suffer from depression. I'm currently the only one taking medication for it as well as going to counseling. He wants to, and I try not to push it, but without health insurance we just can't afford it. I've watched over the past three years as his depression has gotten worse and worse. Its hard because he lost his license and three years later he still has to depend on me or someone else to get anywhere. This year has been a lot better comparative to the past two since he gets out of the house more upon my insistence, he also recently started hanging out with a friend he knew in middle school (They met at his job where he tutors). I'm so grateful to Derron for coming over and taking my boyfriend out of the house and keeping his spirits up. I can't imagine how hard it would be to suddenly lose your ability to do anything on your own the way he did. This story resonates with me because a lot like Jaspers parents I ignored a lot of Page's symptoms and signs of his depression worsening for a really long time :( Now I'm more supportive and try to help him and be there for him as often as possible. Like Bella I know he's worth it and want to do nothing but help him where I can and guide him to the appropriate places equipped with the tools to actually help him.

My depression has definitely gotten better, I still have my rough spots but I don't try to stay in bed for days at a time anymore. Thankfully Page nor I never turned to drugs when depressed however he does have quite the addiction to nicotine, caffeine, and adderall. A couple months ago he started smoking pipe tobacco in place of cigarettes and he's already seen some health related improvement and less need to smoke. Although he still gets grumpy if he runs out. He alternates drinking tea/water in place of soda since so much soda really isn't good for you. And he has been looking for healthier alternatives to getting the caffeine he craves without doing so in such healthy manners-like drinking a 12 pack of cola in a day...The adderall I haven't been able to figure out the best course to help his addiction when we don't have the money to get him to the proper people to help him. And the town I live in doesn't seem to have many resources but maybe I'll start looking around for types of groups that Bella and Jasper attended. Even if he isn't addicted to 'drugs' adderall is pretty close to meth and its not something one should be addicted to at all :( So. Thats a thing...

Anyways sorry for this epic long review. I just wanted you to know your story touched me deeply and gave me hope that as long as we keep trying and if we can just get support from family members then there is a chance of improvement :) Mentally and physically.

Thank you! Love joo!
Mrshyrockstar
LizziePaige chapter 23 . 11/11/2013
This is a wonderful story, very well written and has wonderful characters. I would have liked to know more of the Bella/Edward backstory and what happened the night they broke up. I loved this Bella/Jasper and the way their relationship grew, even with the many bumps along the way. This Bella is strong, bold, independent and at times fierce and I really enjoy reading that type of character. Thanks for this story and for sharing :)
SuperstarNanna chapter 23 . 10/20/2013
A friend who is new to twi ff recently asked for some B/J and I remembered I had this story tucked into my favorites from years ago and that it held a special place in my heart as my first B/J. I emailed her the link and then clicked on it, and a few hours later I was wrapping up a re-read.

I just want you to know that even after all these years, and my distance from the fandom, this story still had me riveted. It truly is beautifully written and crafted. A true gem then as it is still. Well done, you.
not done baking chapter 23 . 10/16/2013
There are few stories where it is physically painful to finish them, this story is one of them. I desperately did not want this story to end- and despite sitting with it for a day I'm still pretty bummed that it ended. This was well written and well paced. I think you did a good job at pacing the angst and not allowing us to wallow in it for too long. Really well done!
Whitlock.Mason.McCarty.Cullen chapter 22 . 8/21/2013
What a fantasict story! I really really love it! I'm post I this cheater because I already reviewed in like 2010 or something hahaha I just love this story- I have it on my bio page just so that I can remember to reread it! Fabulous!
Whitlock.Mason.McCarty.Cullen chapter 13 . 8/20/2013
Freaking Mexico with Jasper any day... Huhhhhh
miss-ships-alot chapter 5 . 8/6/2013
I'm glad you told me about Puff the magic dragon cos I started to worry about the things my music teacher from kindegarden did to the minds of young children. Great chapter
samanthadawnn22 chapter 23 . 7/18/2013
I stayed up til four in the morning just to finish reading this. It was a great storyline and was extremely well written. I loved it!
Sparkle15 chapter 23 . 7/6/2013
I must admit I didn't know what I was getting into when I first started reading this fic, but I think it's inspirational. It tells a story from a doting girlfriend's point of view and how she never gave up on her partner. A majority of people, including myself, are guilty of trying to avoid people that Jasper portrayed in this story. It makes me all the more inspired that there are people out there that refuse to give up on someone they could easily replace (a boyfriend/girlfriend or spouse) when times get rough. I thank the author for writing a story filled with hope and perseverance despite the struggles that seem to never end. It's a story I'm not likely to forget anytime soon.
3,464 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »