Reviews for This New Skin
butterflyswest chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
very nice i loved it
sOnYkKa chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
aw! Great story! I love it!
littlemissliketofight chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
This is just so lovely, being able to see Ray living his normal life, being the same full of life Ray in a mature way, and his brilliant and fianite epiphiny that eventually happens, it's great to see them in such a good place.

Brilliant writing too. x
mylatenightobsession chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Wow! You have captured in words and moments what I have envisioned Ray's good place to be like. Family, friends, community, work. Love the relationship with old Mr. Patterson. No doubt every visit lasts at least 90 minutes and includes the same stories over and over. It makes the old man happy to tell them and Ray happy to make the old man feel good. Love that you included Bret. Yay for rockin' ol' pals! Love that cooking remains a source of pleasure and pride. Nothing like a man who can cook! I'm kind of old so I love that he sings to Journey and teaches the next generation about the Beatles. Love that music is still a part of him and his guitar remains close by. The only thing missing from his good place was Neela and now she's there being the voice of his conscience of course. I've thought (way too much, lol) that even as they began living as a couple and feeling joy at being together that they each had to come to terms with what had happened and find a place in their hearts to put the past before they could ever truly believe in a future together and take steps to make it real. As you have so wonderfully illustrated he was ahead of her in that regard because of the time he had to think during his recovery and because he was home. A lovely slice of life story about two characters I already miss.

I'm sorry I can't offer a way to make it better because I love it the way it is. You've packed a lot of action and emotion and depth into a short story. It is well paced and carries the reader through the day right along with Ray. Love it! Thanks for writing it!
AshCarroll aka ShadowDiva chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Gah! I loved this! Seriously, seriously loved it. I have so missed your writing, hun, and this was such a pleasant surprise to see in my inbox. :D Awesome, as always.
akaz chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Oh that really tugged at the heart strings - absolutely brilliant! But then your stuff always is :) Eagerly awaiting an update on your other story, you've left us hanging there ;)
Cactusgirlie chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Just lovely; Very well written.
Historianic chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
A wonderfully perceptive piece of writing. Loved it. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. Ray and Neela really are home for each other. :) Love my Ray/Neela ;)
ERclaireER chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
This was a beautiful piece, absolutely beautiful. It had a nice flow to it, yet was articulate. I just loved it

Claire
Beaglicious chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Loved it! Very good -
rayneelafan chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
That was lovely. I hope you continue :)
lovelylonely chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
This was fantastic. I had been waiting to read something like this for such a long time. I really hope you write some more post- series finale fics about this two.