Reviews for For a Bit of Bread
pocketcucco chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Aww, little Flynn and Yuri are adorable. I like how you decided to write their childhood personalities, too. Little Flynn was especially cute. :D It's so like him to try to be nice to Yuri even if Yuri's not-so-nice to him, haha.

The descriptions of the lower quarter were really fantastic. I agree with the reviewer who mentioned that you really get a sense of how difficult things are for the people living there.

Nice work! I really enjoyed reading this!
Baby Kat Snophlake chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
I read this first... saw the other one... read that, reviewed it, and was like, "I can't remember what I said about the other story..." So I went back to check only to find a review was never submitted from me. For shame. I will rectify this at once.

Reading this, you get a real feel for how poor everyone in the Lower Quarter really is. I thought it was a fitting way for the two to meet in the first place, and as I said in the other review, you portray the young Flynn and Yuri nicely. A good foundation for what they'll grow into. I also loved how they already treat each other the same way they do as adults. It's totally them. -"

I like your style of writing as well. I can see a really clear picture. Great job!

Mare chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
This... was adorable. I loved the dialog. I do hope you write more soon! D
japaneserockergirl chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Aw! That was kinda cute. I always wondered what Yuri and Flynn's childhoods were like and how they had met.
MoonlightLilyXIII chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
I couldn't have written a better version of their childhood meeting. I really am amazed at how well you captured the mood of the events and the way you depicted little Flynn and Yuri. Personally, I think that it's Yuri's downright stubborn attitude, which is also his most prominent attribute, that causes them to argue and bicker like little children even when they're already all grown up. Perfect English, well captured ideas and good depiction of characters. A definite favourite.
AquaRose chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Well, as someone who has never played ToV, this story was quite a nice little read. I have always enjoyed a short story with a pleasont plot, that gives a little nibble into another world. This story did a great job in fulfilling that niche.

It was enlightening to get a feeling for how desperate the poor boy was and his hunger and to feel the effects of sheer kindness of a stranger on his life.

I look forward to more :)
CrystallizedPen chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Great job on capturing perfectly the personalities of Yuri and Flynn (when they were kids and I believe they are not any different when they grew up.) I always love to think and imagine about their past and what they did when they were kids at the lower quarter. Especially how did they encounter and become best friends. I thought it is a good topic to write about.

This story makes me feel relaxing and have a bit more insight thought about them (my favorite two characters throughout the game, I wish Flynn could stay in the party a little bit longer though).

Anyway, thanks for writing such a beautiful fic. :D