Reviews for Runic Animagi
I'm going to ignore the fact that you've turned harry into a drug addict, you've given him too many piercings and too many tattoos... honestly if this continues I think I already know a story that I won't finish reading
CarolWim chapter 19 . 8/14
Fantastic so far. Wonderful work. A masterpiece, a classic.
CarolWim chapter 8 . 8/13
Staring, not starring
EdTheBeast chapter 36 . 7/13
A way to far, or is it, must read? Drugs, alcohol, one night stands, everything that should not be done. Tattoos and a marriage contract.
Incantations7 chapter 36 . 7/11
A bit different for the use of runes compared to what I’ve seen in other fics, but it was a nice new approach to the possibilities of magic that has been widely ignored…
Incantations7 chapter 17 . 7/10
Nice middle name for Charlie…
SoSoLazy chapter 5 . 7/8
Hahahaha. Love this owl. ️️
AlexanderTheGrey chapter 5 . 6/3
So… Harry just technically stole a gringot owl or no?
Chiku11 chapter 1 . 5/25
Nice first chapter, i always like reading Independent harry or harry with back bone...i will complete it...
Snowfel chapter 36 . 5/22
Kassien, thank you for sharing this story to all of us. After finishing this story (which is a wonderful storydon’t get me wrong), I checked your profile page where you said that you’re a great summary smith, but not that good storyteller. This, of course, is true to an extent; at times, your story reads more like a series of events that happened to someone, rather than someone experiencing an eventespecially because you used FPV for the most part here, it feels that at times you’re a first-person narrator and not a first-person character (I hope you get what I meant. Feel free to PM me to ask for some examples). Before that thoone thing you have that most other authors don’t, and is a very good thing indeedyour flowing, continous writing style that utilizes little time skips. That is a very interesting way of writing that surely I’ll copy from you!

(Line breakFF please don’t mess my formatting)

But note that I said “at times” and not all the time. I’ll be honest; I was really really intrigued by the story at the beginning, 12 out of 10 in terms of reading fuel but by the time I got to chapter 25-ish I lost that steam and began to ran on fumes, skipping a lot of paragraphs just to get the amazing story. I will try to outline the reason why I go from 12 out of 10 to running in fumes below.

(Line breakFF please don’t mess my formatting)

First: the FPV feels a lot like the narrator is an invisible wall who can read the character’s mindand sometiems other people’s minds toonot the character itself.

(Line breakFF please don’t mess my formatting)

Two: Minor spoiler warning! At the beginning of the story, there is incredible premise and tension (not going to mention them for risk of spoilering) that got resolved beautifully. But the moment that tension is resolved, there is little new material that gives tension. Voldemort doesn’t seem as threatening; in fact, he feels just like an annoying prick that presents very little chance of infecting a single cell; barely noticeable, barely mentioned in the story at all. Also, the Dursleys effectively got silenced just like that, and once silencedbam, no comebacks.

(Line breakFF please don’t mess my formatting)

I get that the point of the story might be the character development and not a good vs evil kind of story, but what I think most writers forget is that both kind of stories needs one same component: tension. How did I know this, you may ask? Easy; I fell into the same pitfall many times. Unpublished stories, discontinued story, you name it; I got them in spades. If you want, PM me and I’ll send you an example from me.

(Line breakFF please don’t mess my formatting)

Third: a combination of the first, and second point, made the story lose life, slowly. It is like observing a seemingly healthy looking person, sleeping under a very beautiful blanket made of silk, who slowly wakes upshows not a beautifularousing body but just a non-interesting one.

(Line breakFF please don’t mess my formatting)

Fourth: Minor spoiler warning. Personally I really really liked how you inserted the muggle world in the first few chapters and I believe that it is the highlight of the story. But once Harry got into Hogwarts, they’re goneyes there is one mention of them somewhere in the storybut it’s minor. It feels like you presented us this incredibly tasty food, but only a very thin slice that left a great aftertaste and longing for more.

(Line breakFF please don’t mess my formatting)

But enough of that, now into the best part of the story. Minor spoiler warning here. I really liked the owl POV! Now that is a real treat for me and gave many a good laughYet also here (sorry for another critique) there is one ample example of the FPV narrator became all-knowing: how could an owl know what someone thinks? They can only guess and have that guess refutedconfirmed.

(Line breakFF please don’t mess my formatting)

All in all, amazing story, great plot, but with rooms for improvement in the storyteling. Should you still be interested in writing, I advise you to take a look at “Hero with a Thousand Face”, “Hero on a Mission”, and “Man’s Search for Meaningall three book taught me the importance of tension, goals,meaning in life which is also true in stories. Keep writing, and have a great life!
sisssy chapter 1 . 5/21
wow
TBWL713 chapter 1 . 5/20
Ah, this is one of those fics where Harry suddenly remembers to call Dobby and he fixes everything. Usually, Harry just has Dobby buy him books to read which will lead him to being OP later in the story. This, however, takes it to the extreme.

"Dobby, can you do this?"
"Of course master Harry Potter sir"
"Dobby, what about this?"
"Of course master Harry Potter sir"
"Dobby, I know this is completely impossible for you to know, but do yo-"
"OF COURSE DOBBY KNOWS MASTER HARRY POTTER SIR"

That was pretty much how it went. Dobby just comes in and performs ritualistic magic that Dumbledore didn't know, expels the Horcrux, fixes Harry's eyesight and body, completely transforms Harry's room and even creates a fully fucking functioning bathroom. And he does it all with some brief chanting and a couple clicks.
akshutalankar chapter 34 . 5/13
I am reading this on Friday 13th May 2022!
Darknessdawns chapter 36 . 4/1
This was a great story that I absolutely loved. At first I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it. I'm generally not a fan of first person style stories but gave it a chance anyway. I'm definitely glad I did. The style really grew on me as it progressed. Though I was very surprised with Harry's love of pot. That isn't something I often see and wasn't sure how to feel about other than amusement.

I also quite liked this version of Harry and Daphne. It was fun seeing how Harry grew throughout the piece into the capable man he was by the end. I really liked how runes became one of the most important aspects of the plot. I knew that at some point they would be important just not to this extent. The fact it was Harry's growing knowledge and love of them that allowed him to get to know Daphne was one of the best parts.

The only thing I was disappointed about was not knowing if Harry was able to master his 'normal' animagus transformation or if it was a one time thing. I would like to think he mastered it but it wasn't mentioned in the epilogue. Anyway this was a wonderful story and I really truly enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to write and share this.
HoneyBear84 chapter 36 . 3/29