Reviews for The Sea Kings
hilo chapter 4 . 9/21/2009
lol okay this is great...the last two lines are the best in the entire story lol...update soon!
Sen-Tay chapter 4 . 9/19/2009
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

You slay me, woman. SLAY ME!

I'm pretty sure that my favorite part of this was the whole "balcony ship!style" scene, with the boys falling asleep on the deck. I WANTED A KISS, THOUGH, YOU TORTUROUS WHORE! But I understand that you've gotta build up to it.

AND YOU KEPT THE TONGUE! Spot sticking his tongue out is THE BEST! YES!

I'm terribly excited to see you write more. :D
unoriginal-elizabeth chapter 4 . 9/19/2009
Yay! Jack and David having a serious talk :) And Spot and Racetrack and poker...

Yay! :)
justinebeckoning chapter 4 . 9/19/2009
OH EM GEE, WOMAN, YOU OFFICIALLY OWN A LITTLE PIECE OF MY SOUL. YOU WROTE MORE PIRATE!NEWSIES. MY CAPSLOCK!MOTIVATION HAS WORKED, YES.

Seriously, this chapter is just awesome. The drunk pirate!newsies are just adorable - poor Skittery getting sick *pets Skittery*, and Blink drunkenly telling off Louie (LOUIE! 3), and YOU DO KNOW THAT MUSH DANCING ON TABLES IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, RIGHT? Blink and Mush in general in this chapter just slayed me, what with their toast-sharing and Blink and Louie's bickering and all. They're just too precious for me to handle.

And Jack and David! Having deep talks leaned against the railing of the ship's deck! David spending the night on deck with Jack! (And it's not like there are similarities between having deep talks leaned against the railing of a ship's deck and having deep talks leaned against the railing of a fire escape or anything. 3) Now David just needs to get his act together and quit thinking he's going to escape (and, you know, realize he's in love with Jack)...

Then - SPOT. BROOKLYN. PLAYING POKER WITH RACE. STICKING HIS TONGUE OUT AT RACE. Need I say more?

Although the epicness of that could only be surpassed by one thing...

BLOOD DRIPS ON THE SAHARA.

YOU ARE A GENIUS. That is all. 3
passionate fire chapter 4 . 9/19/2009
This story makes me love everything. I literally read this whole thing with a smile on my face. It's so silly, and goofy, and amazing, and so freaking well written I can barely stand it.

Seriously. the slash and the writer!david and the cute!pirates and the fact that Spot Conlon's coming to town [...er, sea.] just makes me want to snuggle something. possibly mush's parrot.

David freaking better not escape or I'll be very upset at him.

and Jack would be too, I expect. :D

I love this story. I love pirates. I love YOU.

-me
BTP248 chapter 3 . 8/7/2009
Aww this is so funny! Poor Davey trying to do the right thing. And I find Mush's bird particularly adorable.
captivatedbythesky chapter 3 . 8/5/2009
If you're looking for a well-crafted, insightful review full of concrit, you should look else where.

This is just going to be a bit of ridiculous fangirlish squeeing.

So first and foremost, I went a searching to see if this was updated, not really thinking it would be. And then it was. This inspired much actual sputtering and a very squishy feeling that welled up inside of me.

It was wonderful. Adorable and cute and made me want slash like a cold glass of water on a hot day. My mouth is watering for Javid. Which I think there was a little peak of. Just a tiny bit.

(“And I suppose it’s pointless to attempt escape.”

Jack finally looked up at him and grinned. It was a bit disarming. “Pretty much,” he said.)

I love that. I find this Capitan Jack adorable. I shouldn't, I know this. But I do. I love Jack. Especially adorable!pirate!captian!Jack.

And my Javid senses started tingling at that chain comment. That speaks volumes to my twisted mind.

I love the very nice subtle Blush in there too. And the bird. Louie and Blink crack me up.

David unwillingly became a pirate... Hee. Oh my David. Oh David. *pets*

So, thank you for making my long crappy day of work (read:doing dishes) so much better. Sorry that this review is the opposite of eloquent and insightful. I'm running very low on sleep and very high on dishwater. I seriously think I have dish soap in my ear. I odn't know how that could have possibly happened.

Well, I leave you with that and my subscription/favorite, because I must be up in five hours.

But now I want to run away and be on the fictional pirate ship of a bunch of gay newsboys. I wouldn't really be any help, as I have no plundering/domestic skills and if I see another dish to wash, I will break someone's face.

Maybe I'd force-feed them citrus fruit.

We can't have our boys getting scurvy.

Oh lord, I'm a lunatic. Sorry.
Sen-Tay chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
THERE ARE NO WORDS. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID. WHAT YOU'VE DONE. I'M STILL FLAILING. RIGHT HERE. AND AT YOU.

NO WORDS. TO ARTICULATE. YOU WIN. JUST. WIN. EVERYTHING.

NOW GO WRITE MOAR! 3
unoriginal-elizabeth chapter 3 . 7/29/2009
Yay - it's so nice to see more of this. I love how confused David is by how...unpiratical the pirates are, and that they just basically leave him to his own devices. Also, yay for quick-thinking David...even if it didn't work out exactly as planned! I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens next :)
Amelia Glitter chapter 2 . 6/21/2009
I am loving this story. Seriously, why hasn't anyone ever thought of making the boys pirates before? This is great! I can't wait for more!
Coninator chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
This was fantastic! I love the interaction between Mush and Blink in this chapter. The bird just kills me. I'm really interested to see where this all goes, especially with Spot being thrown into the mix. Keep writing, please!
captivatedbythesky chapter 2 . 6/15/2009
This is the funniest thing I've read in a really long time. I almost woke the entire house up laughing. I am very glad I didn't. Because I think it would be difficult to explain, honestly. I love the first set of dialogue.

Especially this line: “We just kidnapped him, how much more offensive can we get?”

Made me laugh harder than I would like to admit. It is a very good thing that there were no beverages around, because they would have come straight up out of my nose. And that BURNS!

I love your Spot. And Mush/Blink. But I always love Mush/Blink, so Spot is a much better compliment. Because some people write Spot in a way that makes you want to punch him in the face/enquire as to whether or not he has a full set of male genitals.

Well, this is getting off topic and slightly creepy. I just very much enjoy this story and its hilarity. I'm going to go now and stop writing this ridiculous thing.
Sen-Tay chapter 2 . 6/5/2009
SQUE!

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that I love this even more this go round than the first. Boring chapter my ass - this was fantastic!

I loved the banter between the crew in the beginning (and David's seasickness is adorable). And the Blush and Mush's dislike for awkward conversation and Blink's inability to solve the problem.

AND E! CAPTAIN SPOT! LOVE! I'm so freaking excited to see where you're taking this. SO. FREAKING. EXCITED.

Loved it. Awesome. Write more. You're fantastic, love. 3!
Sen-Tay chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Hahahaha. So this is my very delayed review of this AWESOME start to an AMAZING series - I can tell. (Oh, bee tee dubs, this is Tay from LJ. I know, don't even go look at this profile - I've had it forever, back from my Digimon days. It's a bit shameful.)

Anyway, I wanted to say that so far you've got my interest and my face a'smilin'. The detail is so fine and easy to follow - I love it! I don't know much about real, true pirates, so I'm trusting you with the whole flag thing - although it does sound incredibly plausible. And David? A playwright? Writing awful screenplays? LOVE.

And the whole persona of the ship (you named it The World - fabulous!) is fantastic. I'm really excited to see where you take this.

Oh, and I totally giggled when Blink kissed Mush on the cheek. Simply adorable.

So yeah. M'dear, this is great so far. KEEP IT UP! See ya on LJ. 3
captivatedbythesky chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Ha! This just made my day.