Reviews for Those Left Behind
CountessCora chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Indiana is correct. This is a very touching story, nice writing.
AmeliaQ chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
I liked it very much. But i think it was to arranged the way they walked up ti talk to kate. But it was great and it made me cry(;
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
sniff Beautiful!
Scott chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Despite the needed editing of misplaced or misspelled words which is usual when writing a piece like this, the overall story was well thought out and written.

Don't misunderstand me, I make those same mistakes and take the time to read what I have written two or three times. It is during those reads that I find those misplaced, misspelled, and left out words that when corrected, not only makes the story flow, but makes it a more enjoyable read.

You have good talent. You just need to take the time to properly edit your material so that your skills as a writer and story teller do not get over shadowed in the minds of those who make these same mistakes but do not have the integrity and honesty to admit it.

Take care and keep writing.
NCISchick chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
crying! bawling! that was soo sad, i live in Australia, but have had to research Memorial day for school, and no a lot about it now, i just wanted to say that, that was so damn good, i wasn't reading fanfics last memorial day, so this is the first i have read, but i did read a article on the real NCIS' memorial day, it made me cry as well!

well done on such a fantastic story

Love NCISchick xoxoxoxoxoxo
TomorrowNeverCame chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
That was so sweet. You wrote everyones's 'speech' perfectly and I think it's awsome that you did this for Memorial Day. It was beautiful and a great tribute, to our fallen and NCIS's ( which, I guess, is still ours)

The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
A beautiful story. And it made me think that I should probably write something similar. Thank you for the sentiment and for the inspiration.
Bow Van Riper chapter 1 . 5/25/2009

Very nicely done; you do a great job capturing the characters' different ways of speaking . . . especially Abby. Even though the story was very sad, and very serious, I found myself smiling whenever she was speaking. That was *so* Abby. You have Ducky and McGee down nearly as well: I could hear his voice saying "Ah, Caitlin . . . "

There were a lot of nice little touches here: Abby's black roses, the French flag that Gibbs lays on Jenny's grave, and Gibbs telling Kate about that second candle he lit once. Ziva laying a cross on Kate's grave caught me totally by surprise, but looking back seemed totally right. It's details like those (and the details in the speech patterns) that make the story.

One suggestion: Too many short, descriptive sentences in a row (as in your first paragraph) can be a little hard on the reader because all those periods make them start and stop a lot. When you get a paragraph like that, you might want to think about slipping in a few longer sentences to break up the rhythm a little.