Reviews for Pride Comes Before The Fall
lord Martiya chapter 6 . 10/1/2009
While I couldn't fully appreciate some parts (but, hey, I'm not the writer, only the reader!), I have to admit: it's a masterpiece. Good job.
prince kitsoon chapter 7 . 9/26/2009
Oh yeah! I love your fanfics. I reallyreallyreallyreally hate Akane, she is so annoying. She's like a Mary-Sue of imperfection. She doesn't acknowledges any of her faults to improve she believes she'll be good at everything. Please finish
BlackRoseFire chapter 7 . 9/23/2009
Creepy awesome story. I liked it. I prefer the alternate ending my self. Simply becouse Nabiki is my fave character.
RyuuRanger chapter 7 . 9/13/2009
Update soon, please!
Peter Kim chapter 7 . 7/30/2009
Cologne better get hired help to run her business since I suspect that Shampoo is going to very busy trying to remove Akane's heard from the rest of her body. I suspect that Ukyou will be helping Shampoo in removing Akane's head from the rest of her body also and Ukyou better get hired help to run her place while she is out hunting Akane.
Peter Kim chapter 7 . 7/30/2009
Why is Soun getting out of trouble with Nodoki while Genma is in huge heap of troubles with Nodoki since Soun was in partner with Genma and causing alot of trouble for Ranma? If Genma is smart,he should make sure Soun take some of the blame too to save some of his skin from Nodoki's anger. Nabiki could make some money off Nodoki by showing proof of what Soun did to Ranma or Soun should pay Nabiki off to prevent her from telling Nodoki about things he did to Ranma to save his skin from Nodoki.
Anonymous chapter 3 . 7/28/2009
Ah, there's the deaths I know and love. I was beginning to suffer from withdrawl. The story's great man! XD
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Aw, no one died. Oh well, I still like where this fic's going. Please continue! _
DCWestby chapter 7 . 7/26/2009
Oh, the original end was HARSH. Still you have written greatly and I await for more.
RyuuRanger chapter 6 . 7/22/2009
Damn. What an open-ended ending. This was a great fic and all, but what happened to Akane? I wanted her to suffer as much as the rest of the bastards that broke Ranma at his time of need.

Stupid mallet-wielding bitch.
irgendwas chapter 7 . 7/22/2009
Really enjoyed reading this, helped me get through a slow day at work :D
PEJP Bengtzone chapter 7 . 7/21/2009
I think you could try to show some mercy for Mousse, Akane and Herb.

Mousse could become forced to marry Cologne, or some other Amazon, besides Shampoo, or maybe some female member of either the Pheonix Tribe, or the Musk Tribe, as a punishment.

Akane could be cursed by water from the Cursed Spring of Drowned Boy, then get permanently locked in that cursed form by Ranma, and decides to leave for America, to start of a new life, with a new identity, there she could marry some girl/woman, and later have a child with that woman, as the father of the child.

Herb could be forced to make peace with the Amazons, Prince Saffron's Pheonix Tribe, and that Jusenkyo Guide Committee, once and for all.

But, let's make it seems anonymous.
James Birdsong chapter 7 . 7/21/2009
Haha. Interesting. Thanks for the endings
EDK chapter 7 . 7/21/2009
A much needed improvement to the story, Snafu (since there were some fairly graphic and depressing stuff in the last few chapters), but you may want to consider having it as a seperate story! I actually prefer the way this version of events is going, especially compared to how the first six chapters played out in the end, with the various characters meeting grizzly ends by Ranma's hands... Although, I did want Kasumi to get a little more then what actually happened to her. That's a problem I think most people have in their Ranma stories, they see Kasumi as an untouchable saint who can do no wrong, despite all the times she's done nothing to help Ranma out or even made things worse for him in the canon series... And even when she does get bashed, it's only for a brief period and then they give her a life-line!

But there were some who you dealt with a little bit too roughly for my tastes... After all, even if Ranma was wanting to get his revenge on those who threw him to the curb, I don't think he'd have let Nabiki get raped multiple times by that prison guard the way she did, even if she might had deserved it for some of her stunts! That was one of his own worst nightmares (remember Kuno) and I don't think he'd willingly let that happen to anyone (especially not multiple times), even if they were his worst enemy... After all, don't you think that it would have hit a little too close to home for his liking? While his hands might have been clean of that one, I still think he should have done something!

Also, I think Nabiki wouldn't have pushed her luck with her usual shadey dealings after finding out that Dr. Tofu had all those underworld connections in his family. She may be fairly greedy at times, but even she's not stupid enough to mess with the Yakuza willingly (despite how some writers might see her)! Think about it, she never pushes things too far in canon intentionally (well most of the time at least) with some of her schemes to make money off Ranma in various ways, it's outside factors and people over-reacting that cause most of the problems... You do remember the whole ring incident, don't you? That only happened because the various girls thought it was an engagement ring and they ended up totaling the Saotome family home because of it!

I really liked the fact that Nodoka and Colonge were quite quick to admit that they were in the wrong this time around (chapter 7), after Nabiki managed to get the truth out of Mousse and Ryouga that they'd interfered in Ranma's offical match. Also happy to see that both Nabiki and Kasumi were the first ones to see the warning signs that Ranma was about to go off the deep end and were willing to take a stand. Too bad that Genma is still blind to the very real danger he's in though, but he only seemed to care for his retirement package anyway. I'm not too surpised that Soun was still supporting Akane despite the fact she'd admitted to trying to ruin Ranma's life and the the Tendo-Saotome agreement, right up to the point that he found out that she'd slept with a 'Untouchable' (multiple times too)... He quickly changed his tune after that little bombshell and admited his error of judgement for which I'm glad, he does have a working brain; when he doesn't let Genma do the thinking for him! Akane always did get spoiled too much in canon by various people... What with the various power-ups she got: while she didn't go looking out for them, they always fell right into her lap and she kept letting the power go to her head making her act like a jerk until the drawback of the power-up was revealed! Also, she never really got punished, even when she did something very wrong. Finally, despite all the times she got beaten or into trouble because of her ego, she never learned to stop it taking over at the worst possible time! My vote is for a Ranma/Nabiki pairing for this alternate ending, or at least have them develop a better relationship... I wonder what Nabiki wants to to talk to Ranma about anyway? This could be interesting to see, is Akane going to try and get revenge, or is the the worse yet to come for her (please say yes to option number two)!

Maximra: Sure, Ranma has his moments of preforming less then honourable actions, but at least he's willing to admit that he may have made a mistake (most of the time)... Akane just ploughs on ahead and refuses to say sorry for her actions unless she is placed under duress or is trying to look good for someone. As for Nabiki, she has some moral standards, Akane just crossed the line of what even she was willing to do and what was said is that she's not the romantic type, not heartless (depending on the translation you read, but that's how it sounds to me)... Also, remember it's fanfiction here and Nabiki can change for the better with a good reason!
Maximara chapter 7 . 7/21/2009
I feel this chapter fell into the pit-trap of Akane bashing because the anime version is a uber-witch. I should point that Ranma isn't the angel of honor you think he is. The Reversal Jewel, Kashao Kinnosuke, Hinako and her ki producing fish, the Mirror Mansion mess, and the Bamboo Leaves of Love mess are a few of the places where Ranma behaves in less than stellar fashion. Takahash herself stated as late as volume 29 that Nabiki was "completely heartless" and I have read Takahashi "insisted that Nabiki Tendo is truly evil, perhaps one of the closest things the series has (besides Happosai) to being a true villain."
295 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »