Reviews for Friends Like These
LumenLupus chapter 11 . 10/1/2014
I love it, I went into this story with slight trepidation but the writing style really gripped me, along with the fantastic characterisation. Victor and Gar are not a note off key, in fact all the characters are nothing less than stellar. Jinx interacts brilliantly with all the other characters, and you certainly get the feeling of her being other what with her almost cynical view of humanity.
talyy chapter 11 . 8/3/2014
Ugh, why must you be so good at writing but be so committed to your priorities? I mean, good for you, you have a life and making something out of it but...but...but this story (and all your writing really) is so good. -Sigh- Go ahead, be successful. We'll just live on without knowing how any of this ends. Still, you're really good and I have enjoyed reading all of your Teen Titans works and the Medusa one as well. I like how the characters were very in-depth and how their interactions. I also liked the well developed and nicely-paced sense of humor and the engaging plots that each of your stories tend to have. I have felt on occasions like you could have worded certain things better so the concept that you were delineating would have been understood more fluidly. It never ruined the story directly though, it just made the reader re-read over a few times or read ahead to connect the dots. It was pleasant reading this and your other writings as well and I hope you're doing awesome with your career(s).
z chapter 11 . 8/20/2013
I adore all of your stories every single one, although this one has stuck with me for a long time, I would dearly love to see it finished but if not then I would just like to leave my Appreciation for you work like I should have been doing every time I read them.
A very big fan of your work
Z
czr chapter 11 . 10/23/2012
Could you please finish I really like this story and I need closure
Concolor44 chapter 11 . 3/14/2011
Damn! It just CANNOT be simple, can it? Rouge is no pushover.

Okay. Great story, so far. The issue is that you haven't updated in over seven months. That's kind of a long time for a hiatus.

Is there anything we can do to help? PM me if you want to talk about it.

Subscribing.
Concolor44 chapter 10 . 3/14/2011
"Improvise" has a sort of spotty record where success is concerned. Let's hope it works out for Raven.
Concolor44 chapter 9 . 3/14/2011
Wheels within wheels. This is really getting good!

Jinx knows how to twist every last syllable until it cries. Raven knows what Slade is up to now. Slade doesn't know that Garfield can morph to a deadly, monstrous form.

Extremely cool.
Concolor44 chapter 7 . 3/14/2011
Jinx is gone. And that is our "Oh, crap!" moment for the day.

I really don't think Rouge and the BoE thought this one through very well. If they don't know who Trigon really is, they didn't do their homework. If they DO know who he is, they have an overweening level of confidence. Bad either way. They're screwed.
Concolor44 chapter 5 . 1/13/2011
"If you had a lifespan worth mentioning, you'd gossip a whole lot more." Serious chuckles.

The Brotherhood of Evil's "latest scheme for funding" is going to get the Brotherhood of Evil's pasty white butt kicked into the next time zone. This should be good.
Concolor44 chapter 4 . 1/13/2011
Yeah, I can see Koriand'r as a bodyguard. Darned good one, too, I'll wager.

"think outside the box for skin tones" Harharhar!

Humph. I'd think that anyone stupid enough to attack Trigon and Raven and Kore and Slade and Nightwing during a business dinner deserves to be culled from the gene pool. This should be interesting.
Concolor44 chapter 3 . 1/13/2011
"Black Raspberry" [snork]

Nice trick there, Jinx. Put the biggest bigwig on the continent in Victor's debt. I like.
Concolor44 chapter 2 . 1/13/2011
[Claps hands gleefully]

Jinx the Jinn! Hot damn! That's just about the most perfect AU I've ever seen.

Trigon? Geez, talk about making deals with the Devil.

Erklekleckkk! And "Mr. Wilson" is his charge d'affaire? Holy crap! Well, okay, that is sort of canonical.

This is getting tres fascinating. Time to add it to my Favorites list.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Genie? Excuse me? What the heck?

Maybe it's because I'm reading this while listening to Dragonforce's 'Heroes of Our Time', but that chapter read EXTREMELY quickly.

The slight AU is very intriguing. It will be fun to see where you go with it.

But ... genie? Really?
Shyguy1 chapter 11 . 12/7/2010
Great story. I just caught up... YOU NEED TO UPDATE. Like, really soon. I'm practically on pins and needles. There is no doubt in my mind that you will twist this little story before its all said and done. I really love how you portrayed Jinx though. I would have loved to add a few thousand years on to her age but I guess that didn't really work for the story. Keep Writing Space Cowboy
lalagurl chapter 11 . 9/12/2010
i have no idea why i hadn't read this chap before. had it sitting on my mail for unknown reasons U

lovely work on the raven/beast interaction, very raw and believable :)