Reviews for A Brief History
CloudyDream chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
This was just lovely. Well done - you're a great writer :)
CeilingNinja chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Such a good insight into Galia! Very heartwarming and charming. And extra brownie points for Keenser!
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Oh, very cool look at Gaila! Very enjoyable and interesting. Well written (except I did notice one tiny typo near the end there: "transferring to other ships in teh fleet to try" should be "the").

Otherwise very, very good. :D

~Red
elektralyte chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Long live Gaila! I love the part about Keenser keeping Scotty for a pet.
23roses chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
nicely done
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
That was really delightful. Thanks so much for the inside look at the crew and Gaila. You never disappoint.;)

-Ellie
BonnyAngel chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Honestly - Gaila doesn't get enough fanfic attention. Fortunately, I have this wonderful story. It's funny, sweet, sad, and thoughtful all at the same time.

And btw - love the part about Gaila changing the laws of physics...awesome!
mhgood chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
"She finds out that Keenser had pretty much adopted the human engineer as a pet on Delta Vega, and had been terribly worried no-one would feed/water/exercise him properly."

This is great! And it's so much a revearsal of what everyone else is painting the relationship between Scotty and Keenser as, too, so it's very unique. I like your version. [grin]

"...when he's in a hurry or really pleased about something, he starts talking so quickly in cadences she can't parse that she ends up just nodding and smiling a lot until he calms down."

All the smiling probably makes him more flustered. She IS an Orion, after all. Hah!

"She rewards him with a particularly exuberant physical display of the Fourth Law of Thermodynamics in the 'lift between Deck 3 and Deck 11."

I love how you wrote this-so subtle and yet so funny! Great!

"He's not the Iowa farmboy anymore, but her superior officer. So they actually talk for nearly an hour before she gets him flat on his back on his bunk. For old times sake."

LOL This is simply TOO funny. "Old times's sake," indeed.

What a great little fic. I love your writing style, and, as always, you don't disappont with all the little details that make your stories worth reading.