Reviews for The Ape and the Angel
Kerowyn6 chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
More!
Mary Craig chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
What a lovely story to find :-) A little gem, polished and complete in itself.

Full of crisp, neat phrases to linger in the mind, and so perfectly the Angel, the Ape and the Demon.

Thank you for posting.

Kind regards,

Mary
CapitainIAmNotARobot chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Brilliant!
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
I LOL'd.
Lexical Item chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
"And this was where the ape who couldn't be bothered to rise met the angel who wouldn't allow himself to fall." - Yes, ha, very clever indeed. This was easily my favourite line in the story. However that is my bias opinion because it alludes to my favourite Hogswatch quote, scratch that, my single favourite quote (at least regarding humanity) ever.

This was an interesting premise and having Crowley saying exactly the wrong this was a nice way of ending this story. Your writing style also has a great economy of language that makes your story flow quite well.
Dillon chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
oh, wow. I love this. It's amazingly succinct, the little twisted references to phrases in source material are awesome. I'd love to see this idea expanded upon!
Temporal Austenite chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
That was perfectly epic! I'm so glad you wrote this, and I loved the ending! I feel a bit bad for Crowley, although I hope he learns his lesson.
The Wakka Man chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Highly enjoyable. Having Aziraphale travel through L-Space was inspired! And then the ending-HA! Poor Crowley...
Elkian chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
One of the first lessons visitors learn.

THE LIBRARIAN IS NOT A MONKEY.
Neld chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Amazing idea! Those are three of my favourite cheracters. I'm happy.

Loved the "difference between 'Ook' and 'Ook.'"
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Well, _anybody_ who uses the 'm' word is in trouble .

Cute story. Nothing like a bookaholic in L space!
Nimbus Llewellyn chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Please expand upon this!
Leia Tortoise chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Ow, it's awesome! How such a great encountering between characters, I love it!
Clodia chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Lovely! a glorious idea and a VERY nice punchline! Thanks!
fledge chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
An absolutely hilarious little ficlet! I'm sure Terry himself couldn't have done this any better. It's so full of tiny gems that it's impossible to do them any justice - the "difference between ook and ook" being just one of them.

And of course there is the highly symbolic idea of the meeting of ape, angel and demon, which obviously means another step on the ladder of evolution.(1)

You really have great gifts in this sort of writing, please put it to more good use!

(1) Though not necessarily upwards.