Reviews for Company
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 37 . 5/12
(shakes head in disgust)
My God, is NOTHING sacred anymore?
Now I have nothing against Raoul being gay, but if you're going to have Erik date le Fop instead of Christine, then I might as well stop reading now!
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 28 . 5/12
(rolls eyes)
Ha, ha.
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 15 . 5/12
External?
Are you sure you don't mean "internal"?
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 4 . 5/12
(frowns)
I don't know...
Think Of Me is kinda nice...
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 2 . 5/12
(sighs)
Glinda, not Galinda.
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 3 . 5/12
It's Glinda, not Galinda.
WillWiththeSkill chapter 5 . 8/23/2013
I love Erik's personality traits so far! :3
GiantGreenGiraffeAttack chapter 5 . 5/4/2012
How is this story not shooting through the roofs? This is one of the most HILARIOUS stories I've read on this site, and you better update soon, or I'll be forced to castrate your armadillo, and that's messy business that NO ONE enjoys.

Have a good day, my dear.

-K
Orestes Fallen chapter 57 . 3/19/2012
Wow. Amazing. I discovered this fic on Friday and it's definately my favorite modern retelling. The writing is fantastic, and some of it was SO funny. You have also converted me to E/C. Not just your E/C. EVERY E/C. I SHIP THEM SO HARRRRD. Also, Burn was HILARIOUS. I died laughing during that chapter. There actually is a musical adaptation of F 451. It's surprisingly good. So yeah. Awesome. I'm very excited to see how their (failed?) production of Les Mis turns out. Don't insult it THAT much or I will eat you. Don't EVER make a Mizzie angry. Trust me.
missawesome1213 chapter 57 . 3/17/2012
Absolutely fantastic! I love how Erik hates ALW and how you make illusions to the original story, like with the whole "this isn't a gothic novel" bit. Loved it! Also, I ship your Erik and Christine so hard that only diamonds can break it. I like Raoul, but I like him better gay! Love you, love the story, love your Erik!
Writer of the North chapter 57 . 3/16/2012
Do you know that Les Mis is coming out as a movie on December 7th? It's staring Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, and Russle Crowe.
The Little Corinthian chapter 57 . 3/15/2012
Holy. Happy. Update. Dance. Batman. :0P Thank you for the PERFECT remedy to finals week, and an awesome treat right before graduation. I LOVE the angst, and am super stoked to see how (poorly?) the kids handle Les Mis. I hope for at least two Christine psychobabble fits. :0)

Glad you found your inspiration again- wasn't the 25th Anniversary performance incredible? I felt the same way when I finished watching it- like, *THIS* is why I love this show and this story so much. :0)

As always, wonderful work; and as always, I can't wait for more! :0)
miss awesome 1213 chapter 55 . 3/14/2012
*wild screams* You're back! Yay! I love the chapter and can't wait to read the next one. My review will be way better next chapter:)
Smidgie but cbf logging in chapter 56 . 3/14/2012
Hey! Welcome back! I didn't realise how much I'd missed your awesome story until I saw you'd updated!

I don't pretend to know anything about this kind of thing. You have a story about a highly specialised community (of which I know nothing) in a place extremely far from where I live and which I know nothing of. I noted on of your other reviewers' comments, the ones which I presume prompted the clarifications of the beginning of this chapter. I'd like to do a tiny bit of clarifying of my own:

Your. Story. Is. Amazing.

Your characters read with an incredible level of realism, and as for your portrayal of Erik, I find it to be right on the money. As in the opera house, he tries to control as much of his world as possible, and when the shit hits the fan - well, your Erik gets stoned, and the original used to go nuts and kill people. I think yours is something of an improvement. :)

Reinterpreting "Phantom" is a vital part of the fanfiction community. Without it we'd be stuck with the same old shit, over and over again, abusive!Raoul, indecisive!Christine, whiny!Erik, etc.

You're doing an amazing job. Keep at it.
Ordinary Rhode Islander chapter 22 . 3/13/2012
...it doesn't really work for Erik to be one of the privileged set. The whole point of his story is that he's the most talented one around, but has been shut out because of his face and, more subtly, because he's just a bourgeois son of a mason (remember, book-Christine looks down on his bourgeois furniture).

Meanwhile. Um...

Hello! Author! FFS! Using connections to make what's supposed to be an open audition effectively closed? Talk about cartoon villain level immorality. These kids' entitlement is beyond belief. I mean seriously, WTF is wrong with them?

Again...

The whole point of Erik is that he's been *shut out* because of his *face* and background. Having him so emphatically *not* shut out...really does not work. At all.

I notice you lost the other Rhode Islander who initially reviewed. This type of thing is probably why.