Reviews for A Hope In Arkham
about-faces chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
That was great. This reinforces a theory I've had for awhile that Gilda is the one thing that keeps Harvey hanging on rather than giving in to Two-Face entirely. She's the only one who can still find the humanity within the monster, and I love seeing that reflected from Harvey's end here. At the same time, it shows just how bloody crazy he still is, and that even the hope comes only from the random, uncaring answer of a coin. Loved it.
markmark261 chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Liked the story, though if he's doing the Coin thing (liked the way you capitalised Coin) every day, then probability means that his wife won't love him one day (though on those days, does he just keep tossing it till he gets the required result, coin tosses unlike petals not running out?)

Anyway, nice to know there's some hope, and love, in Arkham; short but sweet.
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Is Rita Hayworth the “Gilda”? From the movie by the same name? Like the scene in “Shawshank Redemption” where she flips her hair and all the prisoners go ape? If so, then your fic has a most subtle point to it—masterful, if I may say so—and I can’t tell from the reviews that your readers are picking up on it.

But Harvey needs a pinup of some unattractive female next to it—just to maintain the Two-Face panache. Might I suggest—and it’s the most horrific pic I can think of—“Medusa”, a painting by Peter Paul Rubens. You can probably find it by google. But be warned—it’s pretty ghastly.

And if I didn’t make it clear—liking the story.
DrakkenWasHere chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Aw, that's so sweet. I love the twist you did, by adding the coin instead of the petals. Besides, much less likely for Two-Face to have flowers in Arkham. Again, I enjoyed the story.
mutantsrocktheworld chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Aww. I certainly hope that Harvey hangs in there!