Reviews for Beneath the Surface
Patresa chapter 4 . 8/13
Oh my god. This was so awesome. Although sometimes it really seems hard to imagine them having these long talks, but it sure seems that they need it badly. Things wasn't like that all when Season 2 premiered. But i can pretend that this happened before it, can't I? Always nice to read from you.
LouiseKurylo chapter 4 . 3/13
Wonderful story. Nice little crime wrapped around believable and in-character misunderstandings. Glad to have read it. Thank you.
Spitfire303 chapter 4 . 2/12
i am glad that they are back to normal :-D
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 4 . 9/6/2011
Hahahah! Loved it!
Alamo Girl chapter 4 . 1/4/2010
Again, you flawlessly weave in the intricacies of the Jane/Lisbon connection with a compelling mystery! How do you do that! I'd get totally caught off in the Jane/Lisbon and forget about the case entirely!

Anyway, this is stunning. And exactly what we SHOULD have gotten post-Hardy case. Because Jane 'was' cooler towards Lisbon and we could only speculate that he was mad about the Hardy outcome. But I love that you had him more worried about her interaction with him, more than just being mad that things didn't go as planned.

Also, the bit about him being truly scared by her saying she was "done with him and his egotistical crap" speech? Oh yes! Brilliant! Act it may have been, but I like to think part of Jane didn't like/hated that she sounded and looked so damn convincing!

I also love your interjections of his thoughts between his dialog. Some people try it and it comes out as a jarring read, but with your flow, it puts the viewer totally in Jane's head. Which is a fun place to be.

I'm supposed to be working on my own Jane/Lisbon fic, but I find myself wanting to read more of your work instead. Nah, it's not a bad thing!
Chiisana Minako chapter 4 . 12/8/2009
Oww. This one, even though it wasn't quite angst nor romantic, it had me with a knot in my throat more than a couple of times. I mean, I love the flirtious thing between them and when they're nudged to do even the littlest thing about it, but the thing was, this fic wasn't about that and I still loved it. I think you portrayed their feelings quite well, and I'm still a little baffled at the actual series for not taking more time to deal with it, I mean.. ok, there was the first chapter of season two, but it was so tiny that.. oh, well.

Loved this one.

Cookies for you!
yaba chapter 4 . 11/30/2009
definitely the chapter I'm interested in! Hehe (not that ch. 3 wasn't rockin' cuz it was :) ) anyways, I liked the conversation, i think you wrote it really well, showing both sides and putting everything out on the table, it rarely ever goes smoothly and Jane and Lisbon misunderstanding each other really worked well to illustrate their overheated emotions and how much they care for each other. Very well done!

I know the show isn't inspiring but please, please, please come up with a new idea so I can leave long winded and irrelevant reviews :) LOL for me?

More Please!

yaba chapter 3 . 11/30/2009
very nice wrap up of the case. it was creative yet believable. I am looking forward to more :)

yaba chapter 2 . 11/30/2009
Jane's attempt was very sweet but did not make up for his out of line comment in the last chapter. I really like that the team is concerned and i love that you're getting deeper and deeper into their characters. Like your Jane even if he is pushing the envelope and Lisbon trying to remain under control is wonderful :)keep writing:)

yaba chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
o i can't wait to get into this fic. Personally, I never thought of their relationship shifting like this after the finale, but in retrospect it makes perfect sense that they wouldn't return to interested to see where you take this :)

CharmedNightSkye chapter 4 . 11/3/2009
This was really great. I like that it was Lisbon who put all the pieces together. Good for her. The "talk" was well executed. It seems like they got everything off their chest. THe last line was just too funny. I'm glad you ended it on a humorous note.

Til later readings
chavivi86 chapter 4 . 7/7/2009
I absolutely loved this story. Solid plot, believable crime and well-solved, and most of all the freezing and thawing of Jane and Lisbon's relationship - love love loved it.

Fanfic carries us through the summer Mentalist drought... although season 2 spoilers are beginning to appear, which helps!

Keep writing!
Space Foxes chapter 4 . 7/1/2009
I love it!

Fav Quotes would be:-

‘Crazy Man has GUN pointed at Lisbon! GUN pointed at Lisbon Really bad. Must save Lisbon.’

, “JANE!” they heard their boss yell.

“Yeah, real calm,” was all Rigsby had time to mutter before Jane came running through the bullpen, waving to his colleagues and grinning before running out the other side.

He was soon followed by Lisbon herself, who was not running, but stalking down the hall after him. “Jane! I do not CARE if one of the magician’s laws, or whatever the hell they are, states that I have to locate the missing item myself. If you don’t tell me where you hid my car keys I will throttle you. And after that I will bring you back to life, and then throttle you again! Don’t even bother trying to hide! I may not know where you put my keys, but I know each and every one of your hiding spots, even the one in the broom closet!”

Keep it up!
chocolatefan chapter 4 . 6/27/2009
Wow that was amazing loved the conversations between Jane and Lisbon and the ending was awesome :)
maricejayo chapter 4 . 6/2/2009
Send this story to the writers please! This is the perfect way to start the season