Reviews for The Uncertainty Principle
Aileil chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
This is the most beautiful portrayal of a friendship I have ever read anywhere. Your metaphor is one I shall always have to remember. Thank you.
deedaladee chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
I'm new to leaving reviews, but I have to tell you, as someone who watched MFU from the original time it was on- you do a beautiful in-depth job with them. Quite the deep thinker as well, aren't you. Thanks.
Revin Songlifter chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
A wonderful, wonderful look at the friendship of Napoleon and Illya. The usage of the elements of physics was brilliant! The story was also a beautifully realized view of how U.N.C.L.E. turned out. I need to look for your other stories. Very glad you posted this one on !
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Found your archive of stories elsewhere and devoured them all greedily instead of waiting for them to appear here.

I enjoyed this story immensely both times, though I read it more slowly this time through. Excellent IK POV, and in particular the use of physics to understand and explain his partnership & friendship with NS.

Many excellent turns of phrase, included by not limited to:

'In hell, Napoleon would keep the itinerary and I would choose the ski resort'

'If it is the image of shining nobility that attracts us, recruits us, seduces us to join U.N.C.L.E., it is something else — deep, dark, and vaguely unclean — that keeps us in The Game'

What I found particularly believable is how Peyton-Smythe escaped and made our heroes look foolish. Of course, he met his fate at the hands of Thrush, and that neatly tied in the Angelique interaction.
Niece of the Prophet Zarquon chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Wow, holy mackeral, I think this may be my favourite U.N.C.L.E. story of all time. Thank you so much for writing it.
mbracha chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Thank you for posting this here. I fear that the M rating will hide it from some potential readers who would enjoy it - it is hardly a typical "M".

I've read this before a long time ago and appreciate being reminded to reread it. Your UNCLE universe is plausible and multi-layered, and your fleshing out of the two heroes manages to build believable on the relatively scant evidence from the tv show to add a lot of depth without altering them.

This story explores the issues of trust and values and reveals that NS and IK have pretty honorable cores. I really like how IK dealt with his initiation - not wanting to be rushed into something - but willing to subscribe on his own terms. NS may appear to be more "one of the boys" but he is a pretty independent thinker himself.

Bravo