Reviews for Along Came a Family
Alexis Rinaldi chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
ah Missyann ~ lots of warm fuzzies for you tonight!

Excellent chapter! I agree with Harry that he and Severus can accomplish this, I just hate to see their willingness to do this as feeding into Dumbledork's plan. But all things can't be perfect, now can they?

Looking forward to the next chapter! TTFN
supergirl3684 chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
That was amazing! :D GO Harry! Oh, I LOVED the 'and damn you' part!
ams71080 chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
GREAT chapter! I knew Harry would want to help. I hope they can both stay safe.

Amber
Petuniac3 chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
yep-so warm and fuzzy
Miriam1 chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
Whoa. Very nicely done. I never expected THAT little twist.

I like it, though. Harry removing the Dark Mark is a fun way of giving Harry "power the Dark Lord knows not."

You did a wonderful job with everyone's reaction to Lucius. (Two Unbreakable Vows? Lucius is right - it is unnecessary, but they will definitely get the job done.)

A simple "Finite Incantatum" was another nice surprise, although I get the feeling that it wouldn't work for anyone but Harry.

I think you pinned down Severus's reaction perfectly, as you did Harry's reaction.

Thank you so much for this chapter.

Sincerely,

Miriam
mistiqueaniko chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
Whaow... never... and I meen NEVER... have I read something so realistic up to this moment...

Fantastic ... good work!

Aniko!
sernity1806 chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
I do feel warm and fuzzy. lol
Hiekomi chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
Harry is so freaking awesome in this chapter. He's so right... And I can tell the next installment is going to be really interesting! I can't wait for more, oh benevolent and lovely author!
sithlorde1988 chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
This is shaping up to be a really good fic so far. I admit I was a bit surprised at the idea of Snape being Harry's father at first, but I kind of like the idea. Keep up the good work.
Rainstorm77 chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
What's going to happen? Will their relationship get out? I can't wait to find out! This is so exciting! I'm at the egde of my seat, wanting to know what will happen. Update soon!
Eve27 chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
That was just so cute the ending of this chapter. I really want to read more so please update soon. Great story can't wait for more.
Purplehonor chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
Fantastic! I like that you have kept Snape somewhat in character with his snarkiness, but softened him a bit. Please update soon!
Very Small Prophet chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
“I will need to enter his mind to help him regain his conciseness…”

It’s true that Professor Snape’s manner of speaking can be concise (not to mention terse and laconic) but in this case the word you want is “consciousness.” Do not trust spell-checkers; look the word up to make sure it means what you want it to mean.

In another story Harry neutralized Snape’s Dark Mark by shouting at it in Parseltongue, commanding that the serpent portion of the tattoo leave and never come back. I really liked that idea, but you couldn’t use it because it’s been done already. Rats! Your solution was a good one, too, even if it wasn’t quite as dramatic.

I’ll also take this opportunity to mention that I don’t like the business of Poppy “spelling” medicine directly into a patient’s body. I don’t blame you for using it since it’s a common device in fan fiction, but if it were possible no one in the wizarding world would be safe from poison.

There is a final point that I have been forcibly restraining myself from mentioning all the way though this story. (“Don’t fuss, don’t fuss, don’t fuss,” I keep telling myself.) One does not capitalize the words “father” and “son” except in direct address—and it isn’t necessary even then. Harry may be the Savior of the Wizarding World, but despite his eventual resurrection he is not Jesus Christ, and Sev is most certainly not God the Father. Thank Juno for small favors.

An example of correct usage (although I personally would not use capitalization in either case): Severus said, “It is time, Son, for me to give you a little talk about contraceptive potions.” It was at moments such as these that Harry wished he were not the son of a potions master.

I can’t help fussing about such matters. When it comes to our glorious English language I am a very Severus Snape, snarling and glaring and leaving innocent dunderheads trembling in my wake. Like our beloved Severus, however, I do not bother correcting the hopeless Neville Longbottoms of this world. I’m enjoying your story a lot, and am offering correction so you can make it better—and so you can stop driving me buggy with misplaced capitalization. You don’t want to be hit by my devastating Nitpicking Curse. It’s my own creation, noted down in my potions text: Hold your wand like a pen, move it in small Palmer-Method ovals, and proclaim “Strunk-White!”

P.S. Don’t capitalize “boy” as a form of address either, unless the speaker is Vernon Dursley using the word as an insulting replacement for Harry’s name.
B00kw0rm92 chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
Aw! Go Harry! I hope his plan works! I can not wait to see what's next!
rebekahalana chapter 18 . 7/9/2009
Yes , yes I do ... Warm , fuzzy ... & worried ... I hope this turns out alright ...
1,952 | « Prev Page 1 .. 100 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 120 .. Last Next »