Reviews for Homecoming
jj chapter 1 . 7/18
whaaaaaaaaaaaa love love love it that last line ah love it thanks
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Awwww...all of Iruka's birds are flying his makeshift nest to return to their original homes. It's bittersweet from his perspective, but otherwise quite heartwarming to see all these families reunited.
Crystal M. Key chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
That was amusing with a touch of suspence. Thanks! Favorite quotes:

The next to react was Shikamaru's mother, who had finally stopped shaking the teenage tactician. Her response was a glare at her husband, followed by a smack to the back of his head. Shikamaru wisely hid his grin as the older Nara mumbled, but spoke up despite rolling his eyes. "Troublesome" the man muttered, but then raised his voice.

As the families moved out, Iruka's smile brightened in relief. Until Kakashi spoke, gesturing towards Sai. "That uniform... you trained in ROOT, didn't you?"

It was not a question, and Iruka cut in with a warning in his tone. "Kakashi..."

To the teacher's surprise, the ex-ANBU captain laughed, hands held up in a placating gesture. "Maa, maa. Calm down, Iruka. I recognize that look in his eyes - you've ensnared another one." And then the Copy Ninja's tone became serious again. "But still, did you have any information on the undercover liaisons for ROOT, boy?"

One blink, two. "Yes. Many of them."

Kakashi grinned, and somehow, the expression was not friendly. "Good. You're with us. We'll work on removing the last of the ROOT officers, and catalog what positions need filling as we go. But first, we're going to get some... expert assistance - I could have sworn I saw Ibiki and Anko at one point." With those odd words - 'who are Ibiki and Anko?' Iruka wondered - Kakashi threw an arm over Sai's shoulders and the now-complete-again ANBU squad all but dragged the boy away.

A low chuckle drew the Chunin's attention back to the two strangers even as the blonde woman stepped up. "Well, looks like you lot have this pretty well together, so I'll leave you to it. But I will steal your medics. Come on, girls, the hospital's this way." As Sakura and Hinata made quiet apologies to their families, Tsume's jaw dropped ever-so-slightly.

Throughout the day, Iruka heard many rumors, from civilians telling one another about the 'incredible secret warriors' to shinobi speculating about Konoha's future as they worked. But he was surprised to hear that the blonde medic - 'Tsunade... where have I heard that name?' - was the focus of much gossip... er, intelligence analysis.

It seemed that the woman had - much to her rather vocal displeasure - been pulled from the hospital in order to help sort through Danzo's maze of an organizational system. Apparently the blonde had spent a great deal of time as a youth in the offices of both the First and the Third Hokages, and therefore knew enough about the running of Konoha to be able to prioritize its' needs. Iruka wasn't quite sure who had made that decision, but he was relieved that things were being taken care of.

Still, the woman shook off her melancholy thoughts as she heard her front door open. Light footsteps echoed in the hallway, stumbling once or twice. Mikoto frowned, worried. She hadn't been able to hear Itachi's footsteps since he had been a child - he must be truly worn out. Fixing her son a plate, she turned, repressing a flinch as she found him standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

But... something wasn't right. Itachi shifted his weight almost awkwardly, not meeting her eyes as he fumbled with his words - something he had never done. "Mother... there is someone... that is, I... um... Oh, go on." And with those odd words, the young ANBU captain stepped aside, allowing a previously unnoticed person to be seen.

Mikoto felt her heart freeze. There was no mistaking those dark eyes, the resemblance to Itachi... to her... "Sasuke" she whispered.

The kunoich never noticed the plate in her hands fall and shatter on the floor, barely heard Itachi's murmured apology. She could only stare at the small, nervous smile on the teenager's lips. "Hello, mother." he said, his words and voice formal, hesitant. "It's... nice to meet you."
goddessa39 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Squeee. Glad to have gotten back on this. I liked it a lot earlier and now I like it even more because its not just SasukeItachiMikoto. It is also nice to see that Kakashi had a 'familiy' himself when in the manga he pretty much looked alone except for occasional blotches of Gai.
puregarnet chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Aw... That's cute!
anemix chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
It's sweet, though seemingly incomplete. You had better finish their reacquainting in the sequel!

( . .)

Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Ok, I guess you can ignore a couple things in my review for "Shinkirou." And this should be on the end of that, I think . . .

HURRY UP and write the sequel. I meant to ask about Orochimaru but forgot . . .

(Psst why'd you pick Tsunade to be Hokage? I don't think she's the best for the job. Heck, Iruka or Kakashi could do better!)
Chaney2250 chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Bitter Faerie chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
This a nice prequel to the sequel. :)
KittyKatTerra chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Kawaii! -cries tears of happiness- It makes me so happy...and of course Kabuto has to go and ruin stuff... I love this!
Detective Ethan Redfield chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
I stand corrected from the previous review I gave. Seems you have much more to give. I look forward to reading the next story.
Lake25 chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
thank you for telling me about this...i dared not to hope for any existing sequel...

i think this one-shot is kind of cute...and i'm glad you wrote down the meeting between sasuke and his mom...or at least the beginning of it

Moon Ecstasy chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Aw, that was too cute!

A note: I actually hate canon Sasuke... almost as much as I hate Danzo. Yet I really liked your Sasuke. He was so much more... he understood the value of friendship and loyalty. I like non-righteous-b*tard Sasuke.

That being said, once again: Aw!

micah.n10 chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
I completely missed this! Sorry,

A great one-shot, and very well written (as always). I just loved reading how the clans, cells and civilians all worked together. And the little hints of what's to come.

Still adore Kakashi, even the little bit he was in. And that Iruka's the one to get everyone moving... it just fits with everything else he's done so far.

That last bit with the Uchiha's was very heart warming.
Auphora66 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Aw! That Uchiha family moment made my heart melt. I'm happy about that.

I however am /not/ happy about the Kabuto and Fugaku thing! Grr!

Ah well. Off to read the sequel!

PS. I love Iruka; you've been doing a great job keeping him in character.