Reviews for The Shadow Queen
Supersomething chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
Hello dear readers! So yeah, this is Myca. I am the author slash writer of this fanfic. It's been 5 (?) years pretty much since I've last updated and I guess you guys can tell that I have no intention of finishing the story anymore. Actually, I've made a couple of attempts to finish what I've written especially since I've already laid out the whole plot and the story would've actually ended in about 6 chapters. Unfortunately, since I haven't been on here for years I actually don't remember my password anymore. But if you guys are ultimately curious about how the story ends, this is how it would've gone.

Kyouya would introduce Haruhi as his girlfriend to his family, which would basically cause them to be really happy. Fuyumi ends up forcing Haruhi to stay at the Ootori mansion indefinitely and she had no choice because Fuyumi threatens to get her house taken down if she didn't stay. During her stay at the mansion, Haruhi uncovers some documents pertaining to her mother's autopsy report (because in my story, her mother died because of a gunshot) and it turns out that there were certain things pointing out that her mother may actually be alive and living abroad. Haruhi then tells Kyouya about this and says that if it's true, she needs to find her mother. Kyouya would've gotten a detective. Meanwhile, Haruhi sets out to meet Hitomi along with Kyouya and when Hitomi finds out about how he's already taken, she makes a mess of things with the Host Club and Kyouya and this forces Haruhi to leave the country. When Haruhi left for Canada (where her mother supposedly is), she finds her mother and her mom gave her the explanation she wanted. Apparently Kyouya's dad hired her mom as their lawyer during the time when MTOG was under complete debt to a much bigger company at that time. But during her time as a lawyer to the Ootori family, she uncovered some hidden secrets behind their richness about how they stole from the government and their corrupt schemes. Because of that (and the fear that she would expose them), she was paid by the Ootori clan to pretend she was dead. And exchange, they'd give Haruhi a good education at an expensive school and a luxurious life as she grows older (which would explain the supposed "proposal" plot of Kyouya's dad). Haruhi's mom still contacted Kyouya's dad often about her situation and she threatened to spill all their secrets if Haruhi doesn't get what her mom wanted for her. Mom explained that they were so poor at that time, they couldn't even afford to buy food for three people. That's why she couldn't help but do it. Haruhi then decided to stay with her mother and take her college education in Canada. Despite that, she still wishes Kyouya would come get her. In the end, Kyouya finds her in Canada and he proposes telling her that he was sorry and that he shouldn't have believed Hitomi in the first place. He loved her and wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. Haruhi finally says yes. But she tells Kyouya about what happened to his mom, so he drags Haruhi back to Japan and Kyouya and his dad have a face-off. Kyouya's dad unforunately had a heart attack. Fast forward, Kyouya, his siblings and Haruhi all talk to his dad and they end up forgiving him as with his dad apologizing about being such a horrible father. The last chapter would've been the wedding. And so she was the Shadow Queen :)

Sorry if I had to conclude in this way. But it seems I can't do anything about it anymore. Thank you for all the support. I'm graduating college soon and I'm excited to embark on another chapter of my life. I don't watch anime anymore, so I'm not really in the loop or neither do I write fanfiction. So this is my final hurrah. Good bye.

- The Super Something,
aka. Myca

tw: mycaermita
ashah13 chapter 34 . 1/4/2014
I'm really really loving this story so far! I think you are a brilliant writer and I can't wait to see what happens next with Hitomi. I'm so glad that Kyouya and Haruhi finally together and I hope you update soon! Thanks for writing!
Destinies Entwined chapter 34 . 11/27/2013
it makes me rather sad that you never finished this. T_T this was a great ride, though. Kudos to you, Myca-san!
Destinies Entwined chapter 10 . 11/26/2013
actually, it's funny that you happen to have the same notion that the Ootori's "grow out" of birthdays. I am writing a "belated" birthday-fic for Kyo-chan, and that's part of my story, only I called it at 13 years old. And of course the only secretively thoughtful one is Fuyumi. She dotes on Kyo like a mom. So with him turning 18 (in post-series time), he's getting one hell of a surprise. Great minds think alike I guess... :)
Destinies Entwined chapter 9 . 11/26/2013
OK. Now THIS is what I needed to see happen. For Kyoya to have SOME kind of emotion. You see it in little moments throughout the series/manga...I'm glad you finally gave us some of that.
Destinies Entwined chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Judging by your update date, this is on Hiatus indefinitely. I'm going to read anyway, because you are off to a great start and it seems that this will be worth the read!

One little thing you may want to change on the invitation, though. Japan is obviously NOT GMT...*giggles* (It'd be so much easier to get to, haha!) JST (UTC 9) is their time zone, and January is definitely not Daylight Savings... I had to point it out, because it was such a odd mistake to make.

Oh well. Onward!
Guest chapter 34 . 9/5/2013
muchachomomo chapter 34 . 8/31/2013
it's been 3 years since you updated! you can't just leave it at a cliffhanger like that! i'm probably gonna worry about what'll happen next all through math class tomorrow cuz of you ;) but seriously, UPDATE SOMETHING, I don't care if you put it up for adoption or whatever, just do something with this!
ArisIsATypo chapter 11 . 8/15/2013
Okay last one for tonight seeing as I have to go to bleeping school tomorrow. But anyway, I actually did not see that coming with Kyoya being the one to initiate the date. In the end, I was laughing for a while at my kindle screen and clapping (for some reason). Oh yes, Ranka knows all, see's all, wears all. (Nah JK) It comes (came) as a surprise to me that Ranka is no longer suspicious? of Kyoya anymore. I thought he was gonna rip his head of when Kyoya proposed.
ArisIsATypo chapter 10 . 8/15/2013
*Evil smirk* That's right little Haru-chan. Open yourself up to Kyoya-san like a good little girl. To be honest, I was really excited after reading this chapter. I seriously wanted to see what you had in store for Kyoya and Haruhi on their date. I knew it was going to be FABULOUS though!
ArisIsATypo chapter 9 . 8/15/2013
I was reading this on my IPod and for some reason, I was walking (somewhere). When Kyoya said, "For me, love is irrelevant." I collapsed on the floor. Even though this would very much be something he would say, I just couldn't get over such brash words LOL. And I praise you for Haruhi's response to that as well. I feel that yes, she is dense and oblivious, but she can be very wise.
ArisIsATypo chapter 8 . 8/14/2013
Bravo! OMG! That just made my day with that first scene! "Hyaa." Lol! Thank you for that! Anyway, the truth is finally out with Tamaki!
ArisIsATypo chapter 7 . 8/14/2013
Actually, strangely enough (I don't know if you've been told this), Kyoya's voice actor IS indeed gay. It rattled my brain at first but he voices many other wonderful characters so I can't help but love him. Enough about, my dear, scared the pee out of me when the chapter ended! I think I flew out of bed actually. I couldn't understand how no one heard that... But I absolutely love how each chapter isn't solely focused on Kyoya and Haruhi themselves. This story is balanced out nicely.
ArisIsATypo chapter 6 . 8/14/2013
Ah, the beginning of the...chauffeur-ing? Whatever...the point is, this is one of the many times Haruhi gets into Kyoya's car. It's definitely more times than me...none. *pouts*
ArisIsATypo chapter 5 . 8/14/2013
*shivers* MY GOSH! I swear I'm going to end up killing myself! I usually read fanfictions on my IPod and I almost buried it out of some sort of stress and excitedness. When I read something, I have tend to feel second-hand awkwardness in the story. This by far had me reading from a hand's length away. So very good! Bravo!