Reviews for on the banks of the wabash, far away
TolkienGirl chapter 8 . 3/1/2014
A great story-poignant, strongly written, good character portrayal, interesting enhancement of canon...altogether just really, really awesome and enjoyable.
mngrue chapter 8 . 1/1/2013
*sigh* wow. That was intense. I've been reading lot of fic over my winter break, but this has to be one of the best I've read. The way you were able to portray their POVs and yet maintain distance, what you worked in with Azazel, that Sam didn't just snap back from it all (as he does in far too many fics) all just adds up into a wonderful read. Thanks for sharing it with us all.
Lisa Jane chapter 8 . 11/30/2010
I really enjoyed this story. You write very well and the plot kept me interested.

I like the way you write the characters and the ending was fantastic, linking in to the beginning of the story.

I'm normally guilty of not reviewing, but I think you're a talented writer and deserve the praise!
CalamityJim chapter 8 . 5/17/2010
I love the nuances you managed to put in Sam and John's relationship. Most stories it is just Sam angsting out and Dean being caught in the middle. I loved that there was Sam/John time that affected Dean without him knowing about it. It was awesome.
Maxegirl1313 chapter 8 . 11/16/2009
This was just so absolutely, incredibly amazing. You have their voices down to a tee- I seriously cannot express how great this is.

Sam is, for once, not just some whiny brat(as many people seem to write) but a kid dealing with a hard life; Dean isn't suicidal nor a saint but a fantastic older brother, teasing and annoyingness included. You just captured them so perfectly while being realistic.

And John, you made him sympathetic with out being unreasonable and made him harsh without being a sadist. So. Freaking. Perfect.

Thanks for sharing this jem of a story with us.
Capt. Cow chapter 8 . 6/7/2009
Oh my goodness, awesome, awesome (horrifically sad!) ending! I loved the way you dragged all the strands together, and the way you brought ol' yellow eyes in! So good! And the angst! Oh the angst! Poor Dean thinking he failed, and Sam not wanting to play the game.

Thanks for this story! I've really loved it! Write more soon please (and more Merlin fics! I loved your Merlin fic too!)
x3eireclare93 chapter 8 . 6/6/2009
I loved how the title tied in last few chapters, very eerily, in fact. I also adored the ending. So many people take the easy, happy go lucky, brotherly hug ending, but I like that this was very bittersweet. They have Sammy back, but he has gone through something quite traumatic, and he actually acts accordingly! surprise, surprise... keep the stories coming :)
ASadisticWhim chapter 8 . 6/5/2009
I loved this story. Your writing uses so many solid, concrete details. You don't just explain, you find some way to show what happened, how a character thought. Finding an example for things like that isn't always an easy thing to do.

The plot pulled together nicely, everything tying in at the end, even little things that didn't seem to be a major factor had a place.

I also love how the story comes around full circle, starting with the names and ending with the names. And yet it leaves the reader with a feeling that "this isn't okay". Definitely not a feel-good ending, but a realistic one because most of the major things that happen in life just aren't okay.

Good job! Thank you for a good read!
Trish62 chapter 8 . 6/5/2009
That was good! Thanks for sharing! Loved the last line - so heartbreaking!
monkeymuse chapter 8 . 6/4/2009
Such a sad ending. Poor Sammy
hogwartshobbiton chapter 8 . 6/4/2009
aw! really good story, the endings really sad but i haven't read a sad fan fic in ages so i was ready to! aww love weechester stories thankyou xx
flamanipulator chapter 8 . 6/4/2009
aw, it's so sad!

this was an amazing story, even though it was depressing as crap the last chapter or two. you're a really good writer, and can get the feelings out perfectly.

I feel really bad for Sam; his best friend dying instead of just getting left behind.
jenilee chapter 8 . 6/4/2009
Excellent story. And with a very satisfying ending. I love how you wove everything together, tying in what we know of Sam, how John could have found out, and even some of the power play going on with the demons. And I love how you did it without us realising to the last that you did. Things in the story that seemed inconsequential; like Sam making a new friend at school, his postcard collection …and so on, played a huge part in the overall story. Smart storytelling is my favourite.

The stand off between Mrs. Meyer and John made me sad. With each of them holding a weapon to the others child. I wondered if either of them could really have followed through but then she was possessed and that changed everything for both of them.

I really like your narrative voice too (or whatever you call it). It flows well and kinda sticks in my head long after I’m done reading.

The closing lines broke my heart. My poor Sam.

Looking forward to seeing more from you.
snchills chapter 8 . 6/4/2009
Really cool story, thanks for sharing.
RhianaStar chapter 8 . 6/4/2009
What a story? You have explored and explained how John found out about Sam and Azazel's plans for him. As foreboding as that is... you also give us hope because as John takes it all in he is also thinking..."but as he felt Sam’s heartbeat through his thin t-shirt it was hard to really believe anything was lost that could not be found again"

There were still some losses.. the obvious being Nate's soul... Mrs Meyer's mind (more then likely)... and the Winchesters didn't come out untouched... by loss... Sam no longer wanting to play their Name game... for some reason that seemed the saddest to me...Great story hope to see more of your stories in future...
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »