Reviews for Baggage
Lizabeth S. Tucker chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I also was disappointed that Kathy disappeared, although I guess I understood why ABC would prefer to not have a regular girlfriend for the very handsome co-lead in an action series. I always believed that sometime down the line they would get back together, but the how was difficult. Now you need to address that! Good job here with the awkward heart-to-heart.
GabiD57 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I've been so busy in RL that I haven't had time to relax with H&M stories for a long time. But I'm awfully glad I took the time (at work, no less) to read this.

To me the highest compliment I can pay on a story is to say that I can hear the characters' voices clearly and can picture what's happening. I think it's harder than people realize really to capture the essence of people's characters and especially two people's relationship.

I pay you the highest compliment.

JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Hey Jaz,

This was such a nice story.I think these kinds of stories really bring out the friendship even more and the best of there friendship.

They also work well as partners getting the bad guys don't get me wrong,however these stories with them just talking and helping out with each others problems are so special to read.

You write such wonderful stories I can't wait to read your next one.

I am gonna start back on the story I had been doing and stopped on a while of doing.I also have different ones in mind.

june08 chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
nice story!
302pilot chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Yeah, well, I like your plotless conversations. Would you write more, please?

Ditto what everyone else said, as I can't possibly say it any better. but I'd like to add how much I liked the last thought: "We got time, kiddo. We'll figure it out." I was struck by the fact that Mark wasn't alone. He thought he was-but just at the right time the judge stepped in and made it clear in his own way that he was there, and would always be. Friends like that make life worth living.

and then there's my favorite line:

"So what am I, exactly?”

The older man let out a chuckle. “Not sure we have enough beach left to answer that one, McCormick.”

I just loved that.

Thanks for sharing and please, any and all plotless conversations would be most welcome!

Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Okay, Jaz, now you need to understand why us newbie writers are afraid to post...because HOW ON EARTH can you top a story like this!

Not enough space in 10,0 characters to say why I loved this story, so I'll narrow it down to the top few. First, you know I love to eavesdrop on these "private" conversations, and this was was just SO spot on! Second, your visual imagery was absolutely beautiful, "The waves crested the shore and crashed to the right of them, the tendrils of water slowing long before reaching their feet." Yeah, nice. Third, I feel sorry for Kathy now! See, I've been torn between whether Mark ends up with Kathy (stability, great son in Matt, independent lady) or Christie Miller (passionate, 5 we know they, well, um, you know). But now that I know the "real story", could it be that Mark's moving slow (he didn't want to make any mistakes)was misinterpreted by Kathy? Maybe she thought he wasn’t attracted to her “that way.” We know she doesn’t have a lot of self-confidence in this area…and maybe it was all a misinterpretation? Maybe he just should have gone for it (as we apparently know he does in upcoming stories!).

…and there was so much more I loved in this walk on the beach.

Ah…just the perfect nightcap! Thanks so much for sharing…but now I’ll have to wait a few weeks before I post!

L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Mark reticent then tongue-tied, Hardcastle recognizing that relationship counseling isn't his strong suit but taking the plunge anyway, and the two of them mulling over the mystery of how a person can move beyond being an ex-anything. It's a very lovely character study complete with bits of dry humor and lots of insight.

Thanks for sharing it! chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Gorgeous! The scene, the descriptions, the conversation - everything just perfect! There's no way I can settle on just one part that I think is best, but a bit that really stands out for me is the image of Hardcastle falling in beside McCormick as he heads down the beach: "uninvited but not unwanted". The mental pictures of the waves and the gulls were great, the chat content was wonderful, and you absolutely nailed the guys themselves. A bravura performance and one to be savored often!