Reviews for A Gentle Knock at the Door
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 85 . 3/10
Bravo Harpo... Beautiful finish. Hymn to Freedom-PERFECT.

Bakerstreet Blues chapter 66 . 3/10
House blackmail? Frankly Ms Jones, I'm SHOCKED...hahaha
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 58 . 3/9
Yep, definitely paint a great picture. Your writing is incredibly descriptive without being pedantic. We have all read THOSE stories, where every other word is an adjective...and then more and more until we are basically reading a freaking Escher painting instead of a portrait.

I enjoyed 'feeling' House and Rainie's glee at being 'normal' for just a little while...very nice.

Bakerstreet Blues chapter 55 . 3/9
Oh Harpo,

That was brutal. Course we already knew that House would do anything for Wilson, and that the feelings were not mutual, but you painted an incredible picture here. I can almost see the front room of House's duplex. Nice writing.

Bakerstreet Blues chapter 49 . 3/9
Hey Harpo (got your note...)

I really love the introspect that Wilson is going through. I personally have never cared for Wilson (never saw this great friendship that House saw). I always thought that if I had a friend like Wilson I would have dumped him long ago. Talk about a 'fair weather friend'...blah.

However, the way that Wilson has always treated House and the way that House allowed it made me believe the concept of childhood abuse LONG before DS ever let it peak through. Now that Wilson knows the truth of House's childhood you would think he would be more understanding and actually BELIEVE the apology he offered House...I guess we'll see.

Will leave more thoughts from now on...I get so caught up that I just hit 'next' instead of offering the review that I believe you deserve. I will be better from now on...

Bakerstreet Blues chapter 48 . 3/9
Can't even tell you how much I enjoyed hearing House call Wilson out on his condescending attitude about becoming involved with a patient...

Definitely interested to see where this ends up.

Bakerstreet Blues chapter 3 . 3/7
Harpo, you definitely have a since of symmetry ...gotta love the ' Adler' connection.. Not every House fan (or Sir Arthur Doyle) knows who Rebecca Adler is...nice twist to the name though.

I have bypassed this story for YEARS because it seemed too disturbing for me. I read your reviews (which by the way shocks me that there are so few) and when I saw that Bubblooblue (sp?) gave it the thumbs up, I figured it couldn't disturb me too much. I will say that the stories I read in order to get to this one will probably give ME nightmares...

Looking forward to finishing this one.

Sartjd1 chapter 50 . 12/7/2013
:O I have met my quota for reading more chapters of your story this weekend and OMG :O I have never known love myself but I imagine it to be something close to how I feel towards this story. My favorite chapter was chapter 26; I almost wept. I was so... I just didn't know how to feel. I was an emotional wreck. But then reading this chapter was even worse for me! Poor Rainie (I might need Wilson to comfort me right now.). I am in awe of how well you have written Wilsons character; you have really captured him.
Sartjd1 chapter 15 . 12/6/2013
I've read this story every moment I can get my hands on and I can't stop reading it. I'm very impressed is all I can say. Your very receptive to Houses character and I like how you've accurately depicted his character and how he'd react to such a horrible situation. I have to keep reminding myself that I am just reading a story and it hasn't actually happened so I don't get upset :'( You should be very pleased with your effort with this story as I am thoroughly enjoying it.
Sartjd1 chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
Wow, I love this story line. I was immediately hooked by the description and now I realize that I'm going to be addicted to this story for a while now. Fantastic writing style may I add, I am definitely envious.
MrsBock chapter 85 . 4/6/2013
This is one of my favorite House stories. I just finished reading it for the second time. It always captivates me. I love the ending. Thank you for this...
OldSFfan chapter 56 . 2/23/2013
Rereading. This is an especially powerful and insightful chapter as to House's character.
BabalooBlue chapter 8 . 1/28/2013
You know what I find probably most amazing about this story? It's the fact that his horrible experience at the hands of his torturers has changed House into someone who can tolerate, relish and even GIVE physical comfort. The canon House has always been one to shy away from physical contact, something that has always made me very sad for him. It took all this to finally enable him to accept this form of contact again and I'm delighted with that fact!
BabalooBlue chapter 5 . 1/28/2013
I'm baaaack! Somehow I came across this story again, and realised that while I've only read it about a month ago, I just have to read it again. It's still amazing and gets better on a 2nd read, I think.
Why it only has 36 reviews (now 37, he he) is still beyond me. This is fantastic writing!

And now I'm back to burying myself in this story. I've commented several times before and the site won't let me comment on the same chapters again so I guess I'll just have to review other ones then. :)
Susan L chapter 85 . 1/25/2013
Please write a sequel to this story. It has been amazing to read it.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »