Reviews for The Last Four Years
Elizzzybeth chapter 14 . 9/23/2009
Oh wow! The Last Five Years is my favorite musical...it was such a surprise to find your story. Great job. I really enjoyed it!
Meltalviel chapter 14 . 9/19/2009
Okay, I lied. I just couldn't bring myself to stop reading the last few chapters long enough to submit a review or three. That's a good thing, I swear.

This chapter was amazing, though, seriously. It captures the animosity between the team and Ziva perfectly, especially with the page fifty-seven reference.

The last line, though, was a clincher.
Meltalviel chapter 9 . 9/19/2009
Graah Tony. I have to agree with ME's review for this chapter; it makes me sad for Tony, but he's such an idiot and he doesn't even know it.

...Also the title of this chapter/song has turned into something far more poignant and it's killing me. /shuts up.
Meltalviel chapter 8 . 9/19/2009
Gaahh this did a great job of starting out happy, getting depressing, and ending on a slightly happier but still depressing note. It was a great place for them to "meet up", so to say.

Bah I miss Jenny.
Meltalviel chapter 7 . 9/19/2009
Pah I'm glad I wasn't anticipating a silly chapter xD

Not that there's much silliness regarding Ziva without Tony.

But this was depressing. Again. But in a wonderful way (I'm abusing that adjective). I love, love, love Ziva's inner monologues about the differences between the old and new Ziva, but the last four (?) lines were so enchantingly powerful.
Meltalviel chapter 6 . 9/19/2009
Baw this is far angstier than I was expecting. (Probably because The Schmuel Song is sweet and silly. I need to stop thinking about the chapters in the song aspects, obviously xD.)

Poor, poor Tony, though. Augh you portray him in a way that's refreshingly *real* but depressingly so at the same time. Does that make sense at all?
Meltalviel chapter 5 . 9/19/2009
This was surprisingly sad. I have to admit, I wanted to throttle Ziva for thinking those cruel things about Tony xD. Can't she see he learns things like that for her, to be a part of her life, not to try and impress her into his bed or whatever. Pfft, even if he were to, he knows better than to hope it would work.

The cracks in their relationship is evident through the stiff, almost mechanical bantering, and it breaks my heart, frankly ):
Meltalviel chapter 4 . 9/19/2009
"Gibbs had told him to make his own rules to live by. His rule twelve was to never eat pizza for more than two meals in the same day. There wasn’t a rule about sleeping with or dating or otherwise being romantically involved with someone he worked with."

I love that. Not just for the absolved rule twelve (ironically enough), but it's just wonderfully poignant and funny at the same time. It's *Tony*, and it clearly shows how he's starting to move on and become his own man. Terrible as the circumstances are.

I always despised the first few episodes of the fourth season if only because of how everyone's treating Tony. If it weren't for Jeanne happening at the same time I really do think he would have taken Rota far more seriously.

But I digress. This was wonderfully done. I do wish the chapters were a bit longer, but they get the point across just fine.
Meltalviel chapter 3 . 9/19/2009
Oh gosh. See I'm Smiling and Cloak? You've killed me already. Wow, that's a perfect correlation, too; the song's about Cathy being tired of pretending everything's okay, and Ziva's tired of the same thing.

"Every encounter was sizzling and left her with burns that never got the chance to heal. She was still getting burned but the skin was thicker, rougher from all of the abuse" - gorgeous imagery.
Meltalviel chapter 2 . 9/19/2009
Okay I've decided I will review all fourteen chapters because you deserve it. Especially since there's no reviews for chapter two or three (whaat?)

Plus I read fast so reviewing will give me time to finish the corresponding song before going onto the next chapter, lmao.

I'm not going to lie, I was giggle-snorting all throughout this (short as it was), especially with the hilarity that comes from the combination of Ziva and the song's Jewish jokes.

... But Tony trying to control himself by picturing the team naked was far too amusing.

Even if the "The taste of her blood and brain matter in his mouth still haunted him." line was so sobering. Oh gosh.
Meltalviel chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
aowifejaweof you win. The thought of combining NCIS with TL5Y was actually just going through my mind, and I am so glad I wasn't the only one to make the connection. The musical is so hauntingly beautiful (JRB is my favourite modern musical composer, hands down) and I am *so* looking forward to reading your take on it.

Even if I'm desperately wishing that this has a slightly happier ending than TL5Y xD. Pfft I guess there's no return from the depressing angst-fest that is the Ziva/Tony relationship as of late.

Onwards!

(...Uhm, also, I'm totally anticipating The Next Ten Minutes with no small amount of glee.)
Eyes-of-Pearl chapter 14 . 7/1/2009
what an interesting concept - i really liked the way that you went about this story. it shows how tony and ziva's feelings really mirror each other throughout the seasons. you have written their interaction almost seamlessly. definitely going to add this to my favourites!
M E Wofford chapter 14 . 6/11/2009
Good entry.

I find myself sorry this is ending!

Thank you for sharing.
11nivea342 chapter 14 . 6/10/2009
i really like it. at the beginning, ziva was like an intrusion on the team... but how roles have changed!

i'm so so sad to see this is over! :( i loved reading your updates and you had the characters down so well, especially tony i felt when it came to the more tiva parts... the tony aliyah and judgment day/agent afloat ones were amazing. i'm gonna miss your updates. thanks for sharing!
M E Wofford chapter 13 . 6/10/2009