Reviews for Fake
faerieMagic07 chapter 16 . 6/18
Hey sweetDaemon, I always thought that Tonks and Lupin could make it because what they had was something pure and lovely. I myself was struggling with sickness and poverty. I identify myself with Remus... about emotional exhaustion, about the reality that I could not marry and risk.

I took comfort in their story, praying somehow to please not let this happen to me. To please don't make me fall in love and make Lupin's mistakes.

But at the same time I cling to this tiny thread of wishful thinking, even as I put realism before my eyes, that if they make it, then I am happy.

But after I read this story, all other fics about them laughing over in grimauld place looked shallow. Merry faces were replaced. Now I see broken faces and painful memories. And the reality that some things cannot be overcome, only accepted. Most painful was to see Tonks be happy with another man. Or the fact that she loves Teddy very very much but there was no mention of Remus. It was a whole new reality of brokenness for me.

At first I thought that I should learn from this new reality. I should find ways on how to cope with real divorce with no hope of ever being fixed just accepted. But the emotional wound of the their divorce did not heal. Perhaps some wounds never do? I have no idea how others did it. Maybe through more time.

What I'm trying to say is, if it's not too much to ask, could you write even just a single chapter sequel on how they are now on 'fake'? Perhaps, just perhaps, it would heal the 12 years of brokenness?

Because there are already so many brokenness in this world. So maybe a happy ending in some of the stories would not be something bad?

But you're probably very very busy... oh well, no harm on trying asking.
faerieMagic07 chapter 14 . 2/20
The paragraph that started with "what's the point?, what does anyone care? I thought he gave a damn." *chuckle "should have seen it coming though... give you all a month or so and you all run a bloody mile." It pierced my soul. I was beating my chest in pain. I expected Remus to reply something equally baddass in comfort but was disappointed when he did not address the issue that Tonks pointed out. And that's where I was broken. Remus' words did not heal my wound, even though they got back together, I don't know why I stayed broken.
faerieMagic07 chapter 12 . 2/20
It pains me to read about Tonks being so broken. With the fire gone in her eyes. I am angry and frustrated. It's like men were bastards who just used her, and hurt her. Also, it was Tonks' place to berate Remus. When somebody else took that place on Remus' side, it hurt a little. And Tonks could not do it anymore. She is so lifeless.
faerieMagic07 chapter 11 . 2/20
Good work on Maggie. He could berate Remus in some unique way. And he gets response. Molly could not do that. Harry could not do that. He is always private and reserved. Only Sirius could do that. Remus could say "shut up Sirius", or "shut up Maggie" but I can't imagine him saying, "shut up Dora." I wonder how to explain this difference in relationship. It doesn't make sense to me.
faerieMagic07 chapter 10 . 2/20
I am rereading this fic to see what scenes stung the most. It was the way Tom possessed Tonks. I could breathe fire. It was crushing. I could imagine Remus being stoic and composed if Harry was still in the house. Only for his knees to give out for him to collapse on the floor in devastation, when he becomes alone.
faerieMagic07 chapter 5 . 2/19
I'm a masochist. This fic caused me so much pain, I think the most painful thing I've read so far in my short existence (also, it must be because I avoid tragic sad stories) , I don't understand why I want to read it again for the third time.
faerieMagic07 chapter 7 . 2/18
Okay, I know you're very busy so I should not bother you with reviews or sort of fan-mails you get too much. But I want to just say, you broke my heart, and there's no fix to it.
Landre chapter 16 . 1/21
So cute and determined. I love your teddy, but I have trouble imagine him as a twelve year old, because his way to act and talk seems much younger to me. I still loved your story and especially Maggie.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/14/2015
This story is downright amazing and I read it in a day!
remusdora chapter 6 . 3/22/2015
oh sweet merlin indeed...
how did I miss this fic I don't know but glad I got a chance to read it.
liking it so far and can't keep phone aside.
Guest chapter 16 . 3/7/2015
ferret assassin nin chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
Heh, I knew Remus loved Teddy. It's hilarious that that would be the question Teddy would ask first. Nothing personal, nothing accusing, just naturally curious. Teddy and Remus are a lot alike, apparently. XD

ferret assassin nin chapter 2 . 1/18/2013
Poor Teddy. Surely things will work out in the end. How could Remus do something like that? I'm sure he had a reason. At least Tonks doesn't hold hard feelings; of course, Tonks is never one to hold hard feelings.

ferret assassin nin chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Wow. A very interesting start to what I'm sure will be an excellent story. :D Poor Teddy. :/

unique.normality chapter 16 . 12/6/2012
You're rather good at causing me to suffer from LFF. (Lupin Family Feels)