Reviews for Peaches and Dreams
Guest 2019 chapter 1 . 2/14
Intense and oh so beautiful. Thanks.
sfrittenhouse chapter 1 . 7/24/2018
Ohhh, I liked this story. Very much reminded me of the Goblin Market poem by Rossetti. Well done and thank you for the nice read.
MlleGigi chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Rather dark yet nonetheless very intriguing story. By any chance, did you draw inspiration from the Rossetti poem "Goblin Market"? I'm very much inclined to suspect that you did, since both that poem and this story feature a girl who suffers as a result of tasting fruit given to her by fairy folk...and you wouldn't be the only Labyrinth fan fiction writer to make reference to that poem. Let's face it...all romantic fancies aside, when you make the effort to look beyond Jareth's (or rather David Bowie's) appeal, you realize that Jareth is a very ambiguous as well as capricious character and there's really no particular reason to be certain that Sarah would have been safe or happy with him if she'd agreed to stay with him at the end of the movie. After all, different people define love in different ways and not all of those definitions are healthy - what some people call love would be more accurately defined as obsession, or the desire to possess and control. "I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have anything you want...fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave." Countless stories throughout history have portrayed the Devil as offering similar promises to people in exchange for their souls (in fact, I know of at least one work of Labyrinth fan fiction which quite literally depicts Jareth as being Satan in disguise, since the Devil is said to have the power of assuming a pleasing shape). It's an interesting question, isn't it? Did Jareth truly have any feelings for Sarah, or was that merely an ego trip on Sarah's part (especially since these are Sarah's words and not Jareth's)? And if he did have truly have feelings for her, are they the sort that she would really want? Considering some of the things that Jareth does in the course of the movie, I'm far from convinced that they are...
Mystikwriter chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
This was awesome! You nailed the dynamic between Sarah and Jareth! Wonderful writing and descriptive detail. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.
Greenhemoglobin chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
whoa powerful writing there ...kudos!
marora chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
I love the similarities you draw between old mythology and this story. Bravo.
Not A Monkey chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Lovely little fragmented story. Such a lovely idea, the reliving of the ballroom scene over and over, same song, same dance; the only thing chaging is her and him. The peach even remains the same. Well done
Dark Roswellian Angel chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Fascinating. Such a mix of loss and hope and hopelessness wound together into a beautiful web. I am grateful she didn't commit suicide, which seemed to be an option for a while there. Enjoyed this very much :)
YarningChick chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
This was a pretty good one-shot. A little tragic, but I guess that was the intention.

Sorry; you left nothing to critique. Good job, and keep it up.
ThePureLily chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
*two thumbs up*

Fantastic! It's nice seeing the crueler side of the Goblin King versus to the "ZOMG-I-Love-You-And-Now-I'm-A-G-Rated-Hero!
VampireApple chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
That was powerful. I love it!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Ah! Another favorite author back from the dead. Where have you been? Authors like you a rare treat to find when looking to see what's new. Definitely a delight to find your story.
frolics.with.froggies chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Beautifully written! I love stories about the possible effects of the peach, and I think yours may be my new fav. Keep writing

~K
notwritten chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
This has been interesting to read. Keep smiling. :-)