Reviews for Always With You
InSecret chapter 6 . 8/29/2009
Agh! I'm behind on this. *facepalm* I think you reminded me and everything... *rolls eyes*

This:

When Dean spoke, he sounded pained, as if making a dreadful confession. “Lost ya for a while there, Sammy.”

*loves*
pocahontas chapter 5 . 8/24/2009
I really love the imagery you write. I can almost feel the wind rushing by my face and the pain in my shoulders as the big talons grab me! this has been a great story line and I can't wait to see the next installment,
pocahontas chapter 6 . 8/24/2009
I think it wouldn't have mattered which brother was injured, they would both know that the other one was his brother, Some people are really lucky that you for reminding us all that we are each lucky when we have brothers/sisters. Let's be true friends to them.
pocahontas chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
"He woke ready to scream a warning but waking slid the name from memory, a slippery frog in a five-year-old’s hand, leaving only the sludge of desperation, despair." This is a great description of how something slips away when you first wake! also like how something was missing - a part of himself. even tho he was not himself, he could feel it. That's when its real!
pandora jazz chapter 6 . 8/22/2009
Sorry for the late review.

You did a great job with this chapter.

I'm glad that Dean has found his way back to Sam and woke up from nightmare memories of the hunt.

Love that Sam was beside him and could picture Dean wanting to see his brother to know that he was alright. Because if Sam is alright, than Dean can rest and recover from his injuries.

Thanks for wonderful update on this story.
irismay42 chapter 6 . 8/22/2009
Aww that was a great chapter! It's nice to see everyone including the strength of that brotherly bond in their fics at the moment. Hopefully we'll see that in the show in season 5 too! And yay, Dean got his memory back! And it's true, he could never forget Sammy...
ziggy.uk chapter 6 . 8/22/2009
Fantastic chapter. Again so descriptive, but most of all loved Dean's reaction on waking and not wanting Sam to go any distance from him and the way you wrote it you could feel Dean's emotions so much. And loved too Sam's relief that Dean was going to be okay.
sayrae3times chapter 6 . 8/22/2009
Ah! My friend! You truly know the way of the ninja! I've enjoyed this chapter the most so far. I really liked how Dean's first response after waking up was to turn on the light, that he just HAD to see Sam, to make sure he was all right. And I especially like that I was right all along! HA! Maybe I too, will be ninja someday. We shall see, wise one. We shall see *giggles*.
Micaiah chapter 6 . 8/20/2009
“Lost ya for a while there, Sammy.” Aw, I mean, just aw! I really loved the last part of this story. Great job.
SophieSaulie chapter 6 . 8/20/2009
WONDERFUL! Oh, this was great. You made all the descriptions so vivid, the emotions so real and tangible. It was great! I enjoyed every word!

Fav. Parts:

-AWESOME description!

Green scales flashed bright as emeralds in the strong afternoon sun. A shriek like ripping metal filled the air.

- I LOVE this literary method you employed throughout the chapter referencing the bird with the same description. It gave it a presence that felt menancing, ever threatening, it even lent the perfect pitch of urgency because it was hovering, waiting to grab its prey. It was always an ever present danger. LOVED it!

“Y’ ’kay?” Dean’s eyes intently searched his little brother’s face for signs of pain, but couldn’t see much in the dimness of the room. “Where’s th’ light?”

“Y’ okay?” He drank in the familiar sight of his brother’s face, eyes tracing lines and features he knew better than his own, feeling the last missing piece click back into place.

-I LOVE how you emphasize Dean's need to know that Sam was okay, that it wasn't enough to just hear Sam, but that he needed to see him as well. That is SO like Dean. He needs the tangibles as proof that he wasn't hallucinating. So touching too that Sam's safety is mission #1 for Dean, once known, he would then deal with the rest.

When Sam moved to grab the med kit he’d been re-stocking, intent on getting Dean more pain pills, he was surprised to feel Dean grab his sleeve. He looked down to see his brother’s fingers twisted in the soft flannel of his shirt and slowly sank back into the chair he’d long since dragged over to Dean’s bedside.

Sam’s expression softened as he studied his big brother’s face, which was still much too pale, making his freckles stand out in stark relief against his skin. The green eyes, still shadowed with fever and pain, hadn’t left him for a second. They were more lucid than they’d been in days and Sam felt the panicky pressure in his chest, which had been building since Dean had first woken not knowing who he was, begin to bleed away…a nightmare at morning’s light. He felt like he could breath again for the first time since he’d carried his brother’s bloody body into the emergency clinic a couple of towns over. Dean was going to be okay. It was everything that mattered.

-WONDERFUL!

He’d been with him all the time.

- FANTASTIC! Did I say how much I LOVED it?
Nana56 chapter 6 . 8/19/2009
Absolutely! Even in light of this last season, they were always there.

I KNEW the one with the memories was Dean! lol

Awesome hurt/comfort here hon. :)
TraSan chapter 6 . 8/19/2009
Okay, you got the dual sniffle/aw with the last few paragraphs. Awesome, awesome bro-mo. Loved it!
jensengirl4eva chapter 6 . 8/19/2009
Wow that was a great chapter such beautiful moments between the brothers.
marinawings chapter 6 . 8/19/2009
i KNEW it was dean. :D heh heh. anyways, such a great chapter. i loved the repetition of dean's memories of the fight. that was so descriptive, evocative. it even had a cadence to it. lovely!

and of course, dean remembering sammy... that warmed my heart, while giving me chills at the same time. which is weird. but totally awesome. i loved that part. i loved the scenes you chose. these are just the sort of things i think would return to dean's memory first, especially the part about saving sam from the fire. you did a great job of conveying dean's protectiveness of sam, his big brother-ness.

and then when he woke up... more warm fuzzies and chills! i adored the reunion of sorts between the brothers, even though sam, as he pointed out, had been there the whole time of course. i'm lovin' the brother-ness right now. this is such an awesome, intense, emotional, beautiful stories, probably one of my favorites ever! :) i can hardly wait for the next (and sadly, last) chapter.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 6 . 8/19/2009
"When he tried to focus on the hunter’s face, the man shimmered, blurred, became a child—a boy, small and defenseless, looking to him with wide, trusting eyes. He had to protect the boy, had to save him. Nothing else mattered. No matter what it took, nothing else mattered. The child shimmered, turning back into a man. The brother he’d been seeing all along."

This is such a great picture, and I can so imagine Dean seeing Sam that way, always, no matter what.

"…a gap-toothed toddler taking his first steps toward him…a little boy chewing his pencil as he gave his homework all the intense concentration he could muster, too-long hair flopping over one eye…a teenager grinning at him with dimpled pride after making a bullseye with the new weapon…a young adult boarding a bus, riding away from him…a grown man whose face echoed fierce determination when he said he wasn’t going to let him die."

I knew it had to be Dean, lol. :) I love the way you captured Dean's memories of Sam.

"“I’m fine, man,” Sam softly reassured. “You’re the one who was almost takeout for Big Bird.”"

*falls over laughing*

"And remembering the dream—memory—and the sense of connection he’d felt to his brother, even when he hadn’t known he’d had a brother…the desperation he’d felt to save him…the instinctive willingness to lay down his life for him, Dean nodded. Sam was right.

He’d been with him all the time."

This is a wonderful ending for this chapter. So very fitting.

Incredible, incredible work as always! :)

Ani-maniac494