Reviews for Always With You
Ani-maniac494 chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
The image verification is still arguing with me, so I can't login. I'm sorry to hear that you were sick. I hope you're feeling better!

"When claws punctured the fleshy part of his shoulder, he nearly passed out from pain. Black spots jittered before his eyes. It only got worse as the bird lifted him off the ground, the entire weight of his body hanging from his impaled shoulders."

*winces* Wonderful description.

"He was already getting back to his feet, though what he intended to do against a giant bird with impenetrable scales was unclear. Maybe talk it to death."

Lol, you know, that might work. ;)

"The creature was preparing to fly away with him, to take him back to its cave for dinner, where he’d no doubt be the guest of honor…and not in a good way. Sharp black fear sliced his gut."

You do a great job including humor, even in such a serious scene.

"He briefly weighed his options—falling hard onto solid rock and possibly breaking half the bones in his body…or getting turned into dinner for Big Bird here, who would strip the skin from his bones and eat him alive, essentially turning him into one very handsome Happy Meal. Put that way…there was no contest."

*falls over laughing* Lol, I have no doubt it's Dean now. *grin*

"Huh. Maybe this would work after all.

It was his last thought before he hit the ground rolling and his head bounced on solid rock."

*winces again*

Incredible, incredible work as always! :)

Ani-maniac494
Realhuntress chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
Awesome update! I love how Sam (right?) can sense exactly what Dean needs or needs to hear. And how Dean's trying to figure everything out. HIs basic instincts - being a brother, needing to know Sam is ok, and his need to hunt evil - are still there and he's relying on that to bring back his memories.

Can't wait for more! this is going to be one story i will be sad to see end!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
"One very handsome Happy Meal"? Has to be Dean. :

But very clever playing with pronouns!
Meggin Lane chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
At first I couldn't figure out which brother was the one the giant bird thing was going after. Either you cleaverly wrote it that way or I was just that dense not to figure it out, (probably a little bit of both-(LOL)

But then this chapter and it became clear. Of course it would be Dean playing the role of protector, of course it would be Sam ot obeying Dean's scream to run away and/or dfeating the monster bird by 'talking it to death')

Very good inner dialogue of Dean's- very true to character!
SophieSaulie chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
Loved this! So tense! So exciting too! Forgive me if these comments might come out funny. I'm using my iPhone and they might get messed up, but had to comment! Hopefully my cut and paste will work! Wonderful suffering!

There was no point in trying to escape—the creature was too fast and the rocky cliff afforded no hiding places. He would stand his ground and hope he could keep the thing busy long enough for his brother to get away. He hollered at the other man to run, spared him a gaze he hoped would convey all the things he’d never been able to voice, the love and devotion he’d tried to show but never say.

-sigh. So heroic and yet so poignant!

The hunter stared back at him, horror and anguish twisting his features, and though the wild rush of wings was all he could hear, he knew his brother was screaming his name. He gave one

last crooked smile then firmly planted his feet, eyes hardening as they moved back to the monster before him. At least he would go down fighting—a hunter, a brother, to the end. It was all he’d ever asked for.

-wonderful! Again a great mix of bravery and brotherly devotion.

-hiss! ouch! O poor guy!

He twisted, trying frantically to break the grip of the large bird, struggling to pry its claws from him, beating at its talons with his fists, though every movement of his arms brought excruciating pain. He watched as the powerful wings lifted again in flight and exposed the soft, scaleless skin beneath them. Too bad he didn’t have a weapon on him. Or did he?

-great description!

Continued assessment brought him to the hard lump at the small of his back. Since it was useless against the thing’s scales, he’d forgotten it was even there. Now he reached one arm back to grab his favorite gun. His scream of pain at the movement was drowned out by the harsh beating of wings and the virtual wind tunnel they produced.

-another great pain-filled moment that I enjoyed thoroughly!

-"very handsome Happy Meal." only one man fits that description!

He brought the gun up and steadied it as best he could, though his shoulder muscles trembled and jerked from pain and exertion. He had to time it just right, for the few moments the wings were lifted and the vulnerability exposed. Counting off, he breathed out a prayer to a God he wasn’t even sure he believed in, and carefully squeezed the trigger, emptying the entire magazine of consecrated iron rounds directly into the soft spot under the giant bird’s wing. The recoil jarred his arms, shoulders; the world went hazy white. He managed, just barely, to hold onto his gun with mostly-numb fingers. But maybe, just this once, the notorious Winchester Luck would fail to manifest.

-only Dean has this kind of discipline over pain!

Great Chapter!
marinawings chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
okay, so i'm really thinking this is dean now. he's always looking after sam like that. and also... the "very handsome happy meal" line is so very dean. and so very hilarious! i laughed out loud when i read that. it's possibly one of my favorite lines ever. hands down. anyways, great chapter! i sat on the edge of my seat as i read it. your descriptions are so intense and... descriptive. and i really liked following the thought process of this brother (who i'm really thinking is dean right now, but whichever one it is, kudos to you!). great story! can't wait to read more!
Nana56 chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
Okay, I've definitely got it sorted now. :D

Dean is the one having the dream. He's always telling Sam to go and then aggravated if he doesn't do what he's 'told'. Sam would have thought it differently.

Then the dreamer thought the other brother might 'talk the bird to death'. Definitely a Dean thought about Sam. lol

This kind of 'which brother is which' fic is what I really love to write and you're doing an awesome job!
Ne'ith5 chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
Love the imagery! Can't wait for the next chapter to find out which brother it is. Though I do think it's Dean the description fits. All of the chapters read like prose each following into the next. Great job!
InSecret chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
DEAN!

(See me here, epitome of eloquence...)

More, please. ;-)
nochickflickmoments chapter 5 . 8/1/2009
I'm so sorry I havn't been reviewing the last couple of months, but I'm back now;-) and you really got me hooked on this story. I'm also catching up on your other stories, especially Soul Collector, hope you update soon!

I really like the structure of this story here, because we are in (Dean's?) head, concussed head, and it's all a bit hazy, and you take your time to reveal what has happened.

Keep up the good work!
anniesmom chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
I've read all 4 chapters and I really like this story. Just curious when there will be an update. If I give you cookies can we get one? Please!
1983Sarah chapter 4 . 7/1/2009
Wow, this is really great so far. I love that Dean somehow knows that Sam is his brother and he can trust him. That all he wants to do is protect him. At least, I'm guessing that the injured man is Dean, I don't think you ever really say that, so it could be interchangable. I'm looking forward to the next update!

Sarah
anniesmom chapter 3 . 6/30/2009
I've already said how much I love this story now comes the begging and pleading for an update. I'll send you good thoughts and bunnies!
pocahontas chapter 4 . 6/29/2009
He is getting better but I want to know WHAT HAPPENED! Please make the stories a little longer? I know you can do it,and I'm sure the story will get even better when you add to it. Keep up the great work!
pocahontas chapter 2 . 6/29/2009
Humm...wonder which brother is moaning and which one giving reassurance? At least the one hurting feels like he's "home" when he hears the other voice, so it gives him some solace while he is in so much pain. Make the next one a little longer, o.k.?

Got to figure out what's going on here!
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »