Reviews for Always With You
pocahontas chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
You've already got me curious in just this bit. so I think I'll join you for the haven't let me down yet!
InSecret chapter 4 . 6/27/2009
I love the last line of this best, 'he found himself trusting anyway' - just wonderful. And yeah. Obviously I couldn't stay away. Shuddup. LOL. Also. Write more. Just saying. ;-)
Tosharino chapter 4 . 6/25/2009
I really liked this one. :) I'm asuming that Dean is the one having the dreams (just a hunch).

Cant wait for more! :)
Holly Lukeman chapter 4 . 6/24/2009
Whoa, I'm losing it. I totally missed that there was a fourth chapter. I feel better now, though, because there's more to read - that was a mean cliff to leave me hanging off. :( Really great development so far, too.

I've neglected to mention so far that you do a great job with drabbles (is that what it's called?). As I have no talent for it myself, I really admire people who can do so much with so few words. You do it very well! I love how it's succinct but really in depth. It almost feels like looking at a photo - there's a small amount there, but sometimes it can tell a story better than something the length of a novel. Really cool.

I love how you keep the connection between the brothers even when one of them is memory challenged. Also, I appreciate that you've kept them together, as it's never as much fun when they're split up for a long time - it's always better when the guys are together.

"Brother. Hunter. Somehow he sensed it was everything he needed to know." Loved this. Ah, Dean, not only is it all you need to know, it's also all you have. But that makes them interesting. :)

"He found himself assessing the murmured reassurances, confident he’d know if the hunter—his brother, he was sure of it—had been hurt, just by hearing his voice." Even as he's lying completely out of it and injured, he's still checking to make sure his brother is okay - so sweet.

"And though he didn’t remember taking anything, couldn’t even imagine a time without pain, he found himself trusting anyway..." I like that you're highlighting the trust between them, especially since we've gone so long without in the show (I like tension as much as the next person, but I love brotherly-ness, too).

I still think Dean's the injured one. I have a 1/2 shot at getting it right, though - like those odds. :D

Great chapter, great story. Waiting patiently for more updates.
Holly Lukeman chapter 3 . 6/22/2009
This is the best chapter so far. Lovely description and emotions. It feels like a dream, but it's also so real that it kinda hurts (in a good way, of course). Some of those sentences made me remember what stupid, sacrificial, noble guys we have on our show. It's nice to be reminded of that.

The mad dash to save the one brother, the lost quiver, the thing going after him, and especially that crooked smile just ramped up the tension and left really vivid mental pictures behind for me. Well done with this.

It's Dean, right? It seems like Dean who's hurt. A few things make me think it's him, anyway. Poor Dean.
Holly Lukeman chapter 2 . 6/22/2009
We still don't know for sure who's hurt and who's not. I keep changing my mind about who I think it is. Either way, it's upsetting and I want to read more. I'm also curious about what creature he keeps remembering, but as I'm inept at mythical creatures, I have no idea.

Normally I don't read unfinished stories, but the title of this wouldn't leave me alone. It struck me as... I don't know how to say it - cool and sad and soft, like a sigh. Lame, but it's what I thought. And I know you finish your stories, so I'm good. :)
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Hey, experiments are good. I try not to do anything but. :)

It is short, but that's cool. You seem to have a very traumatic, exciting beginning here. Already I'm trying to figure out which guy you're talking about.

I look forward to seeing more.
nexus432 chapter 4 . 6/22/2009
Please write more soon.
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 4 . 6/17/2009
This is so descriptive and powerful.
TraSan chapter 4 . 6/15/2009
Again, the imagery and the descriptions allow us to feel along with the protagonist. We are carried along his journey and only gain awareness and new perceptions as he does.

Well done.
irismay42 chapter 4 . 6/15/2009
I do love how you're keeping us guessing which brother is which! It's interesting in light of season 4 that you could manage to do that - that so many things still apply to both Sam and Dean (willing to die for his brother, soothed by the other's presence).

Still intriguing...
sayrae3times chapter 4 . 6/15/2009
Oh! I can't wait to fine out what brother it is! You're killing me honey!
SophieSaulie chapter 4 . 6/15/2009
*SIGH! A wonderful comforting scene! No matter which brother was the comforter or the one hurt, the concern, the caring, totally interchangeable. They can be one in the same in those very important ways.

Fav. parts:

He knew instinctively, with not-quite memory, he could load and fire a crossbow with eyes shut, that it wasn’t the first time he’d faced down a nightmare come to life, and that he’d have gladly died to save the man on the cliff. His brother. He had a brother. Was that who’d been here before? Had to be. The other man’s presence had reassured, calmed, quelled the panic inside.

-*SIGH...

A brother and a hunter of nightmare things. He felt its truth to the core of him. Brother. Hunter. Somehow he sensed it was everything he needed to know.

-FANTASTIC! Again, interchangeable, but my heart hears Dean in that description, unrepentant DeanGirl that I am!

ut intently as he listened, he couldn’t detect any resonance of pain, any hitched breaths indicating injury. He allowed himself to relax, urgency fading. He’d done it; he’d saved his brother. It was all that mattered. Anything else he could deal with.

-Again, SO like Dean to assess if Sam was hurt despite his own pain. It's so second nature!

WONDERFUL! Running out of adjectives!
SophieSaulie chapter 3 . 6/15/2009
WONDERFUL! Bravery! Very medieval, interesting, compelling. Okay, I'm probably wrong, but this smacks of Dean's presence! Sigh!

Fav. Parts:

He hollered at the other man to run, spared him a gaze he hoped would convey all the things he’d never been able to voice, the love and devotion he’d tried to show but never say.

-*sigh. Sounds SO like Sam, but it could be Dean too.

He gave one last crooked smile then firmly planted his feet, eyes hardening as they moved back to the monster before him. At least he would go down fighting—a hunter, a brother, to the end. It was all he’d ever asked for.

- Okay, now THIS sounds like Dean. Even if I'm wrong, it SO sounds like a Dean thought process. Then, of course, there's the crooked smile. Who else has that?

You're killing me here!
SophieSaulie chapter 2 . 6/15/2009
Again, wonderful and vivd descriptions. It's easy to imagine them. I love the mystery of who's wounded. You're killing me though, hee!

Fav. Parts:

He shuddered in recollection and agony ripped through his shoulders, stealing air; suffocating thought. A groan escaped the prison of his throat, the pain unbearable. Breath stuttered.

Then a hand on his arm, warm comfort. “Hey. Hey, man. Easy, bro. You’re okay. Just breathe through it. You’re okay, I gotcha.” Murmured reassurances from a voice that felt familiar…felt like home.

Pain-tightened muscles instinctively loosened…and he slid once more into darkness.

-AWESOME! Sounds like a recollection from Hell, but better not jump to conclusions yet!
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »