Reviews for Back to Marseille, back to you
Yes! This was supposed to be the true ending of the book! After all she is the love of his life. And how can they NOT meant to be?
I noticed your grammar improved in last part of the story: that made the story even more enjoyable! Dear I love this story! The best Count of Monte Cristo so far! It frustrated me to find not so many in FF (includes Gankutsuou : the count of monte cristo anime) in case you have not watched. I suggest you do :D

Now i can rest in peace seeing the count has finally returned to Mercedes. 3

You made my dream comes true (however, i do hope for a longer version lol)
FrenzyVammi
The chapter is very intense umm...
Edmund had misunderstood her..
You gave a perfect excuse you know
The fear of loneliness!

Very well written dear!
Dear! You made Dumas very wise! A great companion! I cant wait to read their next encounter!
I must say that you made countless English grammar and vocab mistakes. However, i am willing to forgo those for your story is interesting! Well written! I can see the picture of the harbor! Sun set sun rise! Edmund running to Mercedes!
TJ Jordan chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Okay, a nice beginning for a Count of Monte Cristo story. I really do love this concept that you have you created for the story. It offers the one question that we most likely have never once asked before, "what happens after vengeance is done". I just love that! Beautiful thinking and beautiful writing as well! Just beautiful! You did an amazing job with this first chapter! ;)

Okay, I love how this first chapter starts off with Edmond, all alone and filled with sadness, along with aloneness too. I could really feel the pain and suffering that Edmond is filling. It was the type of pain he hadn't felt since he was imprisoned and left for dead. But now that he had accomplished what he set out to do, we can really see that the real pain starting to flow. The pain of loneness and guilt. You did great expressing all of that in one chapter! :)

I do feel bad for both Edmond and Mercedes, perhaps more for Mercedes (since she was left alone). They both lost someone they loved. Edmond lost Haydee and Mercedes lost Albert (most likely by war). I can really feel the pain from both of them. They both are alone and they both are still in love with each other. I could really feel the love that they have for each other, especially when they say each other's names. Just by that, we can tell that they are meant for each other, despite that certain events has left them apart. :)

I love how Edmond "finally" gets off his ass and decides to fix things with Mercedes, which he should have done in the original novel! You did what the original author failed to do, "fix what was broke". ;)

And I sense Mercedes is about to do something horrible. I'm guessing suicide, to spare her the pain of not being with Edmond. *concerned face* I really hope that Edmond makes it in time in order to stop whatever she is about to do. ;)

Beautiful work HimeVampireChan! I really do love the story so far! I cannot wait to read more! ;)
Sherlock109 chapter 10 . 5/23/2012
Excellent story! I really enjoyed it. It's probably the best "The Count of Monte Cristo" fanfiction I've read!
101Witch101 chapter 10 . 2/3/2011
hahahah! i wonder how Albert is gonna react: "So Albert...remember how you said you always wanted a sister?"

anyAYS THIS IS SO AMAZING! and I love how the baby is named Haydee! That is just indescribably good! :D :D :D
101Witch101 chapter 7 . 2/3/2011
ohmigosh what is wrong with me? I CRIED AGAIN! dang, you're a really good writer!
101Witch101 chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
awesome! i actually cried!
101Witch101 chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
DANG! this is like...awesome! I was surprised too when I found like...no fanfics for the Count of Monte Cristo! I JUST finished it and all and it was very dissappointing, but happy to find this one!
littlema chapter 10 . 4/20/2010
I really enjoyed your story. I too felt that Dumas left Mercedes alone at the end of his book. She didn't deserve to be so utterly diminished. I am happy you thought of a plausible story to bring Edmond and Mercedes back together. Thank you especially for writing a clean story without parts that would make a person blush.
Polina chapter 10 . 4/19/2010
Thank you a lot! Very interesting and intriguing fic!

But what about Albert?
my name's not important yet chapter 10 . 11/16/2009
...Ahem. *dreamz of mush totality*

And that was the last chapter! The story, as a whole, has potential for more than just .

Adieu.
name doesn't matter chapter 9 . 11/16/2009
Thank u, Chapter 9, for u have given us new dreams of Mercedes constancy (to Dantes) to dream about.

Dumas had for his own convenience neglected the Mercedes viewpoint to the breakup of the lovers and thereafter. Women's inconstancy to their beloveds was implied. "Frailty, thy name is woman," he had voiced thru his protagonist.
name's not important chapter 6 . 11/16/2009
Chapter done, non-stop.

About Ch5, what is there left to say except some mysteries suppressed within Mercedes' heart r yet to be resolved, while others such as her suicidal desires after Dantes had gone missing for a length of time sans a logical reason, may have been implicit in Dumas' story.. the notable difference from this story's proceedings being Mondego supplanting the priest as the saving hand.

As to this chapter, gosh, it has broken my heart in not the natural, suitable manner!