Reviews for Tension
Thefiskers chapter 45 . 2/6
Gah! I love LOVE this! I love your descriptions and the way you write the characters is so spot-on. It’s super interesting how you are weaving your own story within the canon. So good. Gah! Every interaction between Meryl and Vash now has me on edge. I love Meryl’s stubborn refusal to acknowledge what she feels and Vash’s switch between sheepish and forward when it comes to Meryl. *sigh* it’s just all so good. Following this and looking forward to seeing where you take it! It would be awesome if you included a chapter or a little snippet—anything, really— from Vash’s point of view...if inspiration ever strikes lol. Thanks for sharing!
fuuuuu chapter 45 . 2/4
This damn story...I must have re-read it about 5 or more times now. Every time I get gooey inside whenever you describe the interactions between Vash and Meryl, when he's not acting the goof. Oof. I really hope this story gets finished one day. Amazing writing.
jclark775 chapter 45 . 11/6/2019
It has been a long while since I found this story, but I don't think I ever gave you any of the reviews you most definitely deserve. Your characterizations, the perspective of the story, the changes you have made (especially with regards to Meryl's perceptions of Vash and Wolfwoods) are exquisitely done. The whole story is a treat, and your writing is fantastic. I find myself coming back to this story with some frequency just to reread parts of it at a time, usually losing entire hours because your story captivates me.

I do hope that all is well with you and that you will one day continue the story.
Joy-girl chapter 45 . 9/13/2019
Honestly, I was pretty skeptical at first with the description not sounding all that inventive or different from many of the other stories found on this site, but I was certainly pleasantly surprised! Sure, the overall flow of the series is the same, but there is more depth to Vash and Meyrls relationship - and to Meryl in general. I love how kick ass, but still human she is. I also appreciate the lack of constant frustrating drama due to the inability to communicate.
But I digress, this is a well-written page (button?) turner andi hope you pick it up again - especially with that cliffhanger!
Madchickenlover chapter 45 . 8/3/2019
This is the 5th time I've reread this beautiful story! It's still not been updated and that breaks my heart everytime.
I really hope this gets continued
Walis chapter 45 . 8/1/2019
What a fantastic fic this is so far, and seeing the span between the publish date and latest chapter’s date, you deserve extra honors for keeping at it for as long as you have.

I love that it is told from Meryl’s POV, and that her revelations about Vash parallel with the pace she gets to know him in canon. I felt you did a great job at applying the stubbornness of her disbelief that he was actually Vash; I really refused to believe along with her, despite my reader’s narrative advantage.

I’ve also been a shipper of the two all along, so it’s been really pleasant reading a version of the canon storyline that focuses so entirely on that... despite being implied in both the manga and anime, it felt more like a constant tease than the relationship I always hoped it would flesh out into. Thank you!

This has been a wonderful story, and I will follow in the hopes that one day you find inspiration to continue. If not, then thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this much for such a fun fic!
Walis chapter 43 . 7/31/2019
Damn if this wasn’t the sweetest thing ever. I’m dreading the fact that there only seem to be two more chapters to this. Time to absolutely eat up the ones that are left then!
Walis chapter 36 . 7/30/2019
You either did some good homework, or you’re intimately familiar with shipboard life. That was a solid description of berthing if i’ve ever read one. I felt Meryl’s tumble out of the top rack in my soul. That’s rough, buddy.
Walis chapter 27 . 7/30/2019
I really wanted to drop you a note here around the halfway point to express just how much I am enjoying this fic. I love how it’s sort of... a version of Trigun, but perhaps a version of it if it wasn’t an anime. A live action, perhaps? Milly and Meryl get to abandon some of the silliness and vapidity that made them both precious, yet perhaps hard to bear had the show not been a cartoon. Loving it, and really enjoying the extra independence you’ve afforded Meryl. She’s a straight-up badass.
Guest chapter 45 . 7/19/2019
Just finished reading the last chapter and now I need life support. Beautifully written. Really hope there will be more even though its been 10 years from the start. Thank you for giving us such a well written story.
idiotbx3 chapter 1 . 6/16/2019
Re-reading yet again, I am now convinced this is the real story and the anime is the more toned down version, despite it still being dark XD. Yep.
Guest chapter 43 . 6/3/2019
I have reread this story at least three times if not more and I enjoy it just as much, if not more, each time. I found myself stopping two chapters short this time though, just because I don’t really want to end on a cliffhanger for the next “episode.” I really hope that you continue writing this wonderful story. It has pulled me in and left me speechless every time. Enough, anyway that even my best compliments would pale in comparison to what I really am trying to say I’m sure. Stupendous.
0ayumi0 chapter 45 . 5/8/2019
I love your story so much ! At first i was like "why take the story from the start ?" Then you discribe the meryl part and add some beautiful moment ! Its so so good ! I just finish the last chapter and i hope you can continue this story, really ! There are not much stories good on trigun so far and your story is just one of the best so please keep up ! I will wait !
Ps: i am french by the way so sorry for mistakes in my word ;)
Xel chapter 45 . 4/21/2019
re-reading this for the 3rd time, so good sooo good
Guest chapter 45 . 4/9/2019
Stories like this is what made me fall in love with fanfiction. Truly is a rare find and your story is so well written, the characters, portrayed. I had always imagined them in a similar way and you truly have brought them to life. Thank you.