Reviews for When The World Collapsed
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 5/4
Ohhh, that was painful. Oh, Sammy. Great writing.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Heartbreaking but beautifully written. Loved how you had Sam want to touch their dad but pulling back at the last moment and in the end Dean putting Sam's hand on their dads. And perfect Sam apologising for spilling his cup of coffee, very symbolic and meaning so much more.

A really heartfelt piece of writing.
Angel's Rest chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
I love how Clair has some little something in a story stand for some greater something. In this case, that spilled coffee. I love too Sam's hand on Dean's shoulder and Dean wanting it there - and Sam needing it there. And Sam wanting to touch Dad but needing Dean's help to actually manage it. Lovely!
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Almost made me cry. This was a good read.
PADavis chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Now you're making me cry. Very well done.

Phoebe
amyblair chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Nice job with this, Clair -

It's a tough area to write about and you tackled it right after the death. Yow-ouch. I liked the hesitancy Sam had in touching his father and I loved that you had Dean take his brother's hand and placed it over John's. So lovely, that one last hold as family.

Great little piece.
QuierdoMusic chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Poor Sammy

But Dean's great
nicklebackfan chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
fantastic job, i was on the verge of tears,i absoltely loved it. especially sad that Sam felt he had failed. keep up the good work.
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
I loved this little tale. God job!
Hyperion13 chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
This story makes me cry ! I loved it !
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
I made it all the way thru the story until Sam's line about spilling the coffee, than I teared up. I like how you used John's last request to Sam.

Wonderful look at the brothers as they tried to say goodby to their dad.

Dean at this moment was focused on Sam, love how he kept calling him Sammy.

It is not until later that Dean gets overwhelmed by his grief and anger.

Excellent story.

Thanks for sharing.
7kstar chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Sometimes I wish they hadn't killed off John. Dean giving everything he has to his brother is one of the things that makes what happens in season 4 so sad.

Really nice piece. Enjoyed it.
Dianne chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
I could totally see this happening. Sam's sort of caught in the middle in this situation, trying to figure things out and Dean, as always needs to make things okay for him despite his own hurts. Nicely written!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
That's a neat idea, what Sam's apologizing for, and a realistic peek of the funny way grief works. Cool.
CBloom2 chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Oh wow! What a great take on the coffee scene! It was such a great scene in the episode and you can kind of see Sam thinking something like that in his grief!

Great tag to the episode! Might have to go and watch it now!

Good job!