Reviews for The Locking of Eyes
Merthur chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Short and sweet! I liked it
Jacalyn Hyde chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Aw, I love this. I just finished watching season one of Merlin thanks to Youtube. lol, they're so cute. Forbidden relations are just so touching, so exciting. Perfectly portrayed and tons of fun. Love.
BlueSpottedDog chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Morgana and Uther fighting seems so natural, lol! Same with Merthur! :) Great story!
Ghost in Front of Me chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
I've never read Merlin slash before, neither have I really payed attention to the history behind movies that play our Merlin's life. But for a slash fic, it was enjoyable - sweet, sincere, and to the point, but delicate all the while. Great job!

Felicia
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Great job!
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Generally I am not a fan of slash but this was alright to read. Thanks for writing.
MidnightSky101 chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Aww, secret love, how cute! Me and my friends have a saying for things like this: segoy, yaoi, kawaii!

Yay!

Very good! :D
Punk Chopsticks chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
ALRIGHTY MERLIN! *whossh*

I love that you're so vividly descriptive, 'specially between Merlin and Arthur *gush* they;re so meant for each other!

And I can't wait for the next chapter (if there's going to be any)

so anyways, uhh great job. Sorry I can't commend anymore on your fiction, I just thought it was splendid, once again, sorry (if I've offended you) and I'm adding this to my story alearts!

xoxo- Punk Chopsticks
petrelli heiress chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
“Merlin..I love you, though sometimes you are an idiot”.

"Well Merlin.. If it was a lethal creature, I certainly wouldn't let it hurt you.”

I love these lines. True Arthurness. Loved the story. So sweet and cute.

I like the idea that Morgana rants to Gwen.
static-as-you-walk-away chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
:D i always like stories where Arthur doesnt particularily like Morganna.

Good characterisation; especially with Uther and Morganna

As for the Merthur: AW! haha, so cute!

well done, tis' a well written story

x
Ella Dean Pendragon chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
that was sweet! i think you got both of them just right! i reallt liked it, great fo your first merlin fic and very well done for your fist slash fic and i read and write them often so i know a good one when i read it! well done again!

liveloud

xx
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Generally I'm not a fan of slash, because it irritates me when a character isn't really gay. That works both ways though, because I also hate fics in which a gay character is suddenly straight *cough-Dumbldeore / McGonagall fics - cough* I just think that your sexuality makes up a big part of your personality, so it irriatates me when people take liberties with that. It's like "at least stick an OOC warning on the fic, because that's what it IS." So that's my view on slash. But from what I've seen of the Merlin series myself, and from what you and Emma have told me, the slash in that series is pretty much canon. Therefore, I have no problems with it. ;)

It's always really interesting, actually, seeing you write for a different character or a different fandom, it entertains me! And this is good. I loved all the sparring at the dinner table, especially the tension between Morgana and Uther, which was very amusing! Morgana seems very catty, and while I don't actually remember the reason for her animosity towards Uther (fill me in?) you got her character down very well, even with just a few lines. So well done on that!

And poor Arthur, stuck in the middle of all the family drama! I can just picture his face as he sat there, feeling like he was the only sane person in the room! And the relationship between him and Merlin was very sweet. I liked that you didn't have them being all lovey-dovey out in open - they have to hide their relationship, and given the attitudes of the time, that's realistic. Arthur was very sweet, and Merlin was too, in a geeky sort of way. (An attacking dove? Haha.)

I enjoyed it, despite my areas of ignorance in the Merlin fandom. And the "Merthurness" (lol, loving that word!) seemed right to me.

Fave lines -

Silence. Nobody spoke and all that could be heard was the tap of goblets being laid on the table, and the steady breathing of each of them.

Morgana! What has happened previously during this day shall be forgotten, and please do not speak such words as it is quite apparent that you do not mean them.” Uther shouted. His face was turning crimson with rage, and it looked as though he was going to call for the guards at any minute.

“She's pathetic.” Arthur murmured to himself.

“Whose pathetic?” A familiar voice inquired.

Wandering through the trees, Arthur moved closer to Merlin and cast him a swift glance. He looked at the Prince taking in the beauty that he possessed. Arthur's lips crashed upon Merlin's. They were unable to restrain themselves any longer, and they kissed with intensity as if they were having to stay away from each other for eternity, as if this was the only chance they were going to get, before one of them needed to dragged away from the other.

“It is a dove you idiot. What do you think it was?”

“I wasn't sure maybe something deadly.” Merlin replied, wishing desperately that his cheeks weren't turning rouge with embarrassment

Their lips touched once more, both craving that this night did not have to end as when it was dawn, It was back to being master and manservant once more.
allhailjinora chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
I loved this as you know :D The Merthur is cute and you did very well for first Merlin and Merthur fic :D I like what yo uchanged to Morgana's insult too. Very good. You better get plenty of reviews for this *narrows eyes at everyone* :D