Reviews for Nostalgia
YetAnotherJanewayFan chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Awh is that all? No fighting, pain, sickness, etc... What a drag... *Pout*
JaMisa27 chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
AudiblexGasp chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Good job! I ususally don't read shorts (since this isn't really a drabble), but this was nice.

C ya!

Tristitia-The-Sin chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
What you just wrote is really a nice piece of art, I guess so it's worth a praise. I like nostalgic fiction and this one is no exception. You did a wonderful job. Thank you
indigo's ocean chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
They moved the review button and I ended up adding this to my favorites! Not that I hadn't intended to but this is happening more often than it should!

Anyway. This was lovely, wonderful, bittersweet, achingly cute and angsty and gah I just love stories with emotions like this. The type of affection Sebastian has is the type I see him having - not love, not lust, just... hmm. A slight longing for a taste.

And with the teakettle and the kitchen utensils... I'm incoherent. It was so good. *bows*

Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
I think this was interesting but incomplete. You start each paragraph with a different thought that is just so removed from the others. There's no flow. The first line did make an impact but you didn't really deliver anything. You didn't say how Sebastian went against his master's orders. It was just so open ended that I have to assume it's about how Ciel wanted Sebastian to carve the pain into his soul. This seemed more like a list than anything else. If you expanded on each point I think this would be a lovely story. Also you had some grammatical problems, such as verb tense, which could be fixed with a read-through. I also noticed your sentence structures are very convoluted. Most writing professors suggest getting straight to the point for sentence structure. As nice as adverbs and adjectives are, too much is overkill. I hope you take this as constructive criticism, because I think you have a lot of potential.
Doctor Faustus chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Reading your story made me feel as though Sebastian has a gentler side to him. As you said, it does provide closure for the reader who is still reeling from the bitterness of the Kuro universe and it's ending.

Randomly, I really liked this line:

"...with an unexplained urge to switch on the oven top cradling a cold tea kettle."

I'm looking forward to reading anything else you come out with ~ 3
LaChoy chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Ohh. So short and sweet. I love how you just add in Sebastian has had other masters and is in the United States (oh creepy~). Just the little details you add. The kitchen utensil in his sleeve, the kitten, and the tea kettle. Love it. I also love how you add in some kind of affection Sebastian has for Ciel without making it fluffy and over the top. It's not them. So way to go, Val. You wrote another great story :D