Reviews for Nostalgia
Aservis Roturier chapter 1 . 11/13
This is to let you know 1) you're still being read and appreciated, 2) it was a wonderfully concise and entertaining summation of affairs, well done and much appreciated.3) You are far from the only one feeling less than stisfied with the anime' ending, but if you were paying attention, the next anime effort was even worse. BUT! IT DOESN'T END THERE! 4) In case you missed it there has now been a third wave of Kuroshitsuji, and this time they got it right by the wildly original device of actually following the story line the author wrote and that made the manga great in the first place. We now have Book of Circus (superb) and Book of Murder (delightful) each so faithfu to the original you need tobe a real doyen of the subjject to spot the deviations- there wasa grand total of one in BoC and I believe none in BoM. The mnga goes from strength to strength (though there are some who comlain there always are, aren't there?)..

And they've now announced, based, no doubt on the wildly underestimated reaction to BoM and BoC, that theree will be yet another movie. Most of us are praying for it to be Book of the Zombie Apokalypse or Campania or whatever you wish to call it (Titanic with Zombies and Shinigami? Ciel to Sebastian: "draw me like one of your French tarts, 's an ORDER.") and perhaps they will keep it up ad infinitum, which would be completely fine with me.

I heard someone complain recently that they needed to get serious about finding the culprits who killed Ciel's parents and burnt the manse to the ground. I was about to give them a kick where it would do the most good, but bth Ciel and Sebastian beat e to it and pounded the whinger to the consistency of sieved pate'. I reckon if the contractor and his hungry demon aren't complaining why ought I? So come, come, back to the fold, look deep into my eyes, come back and write!

...and oh yes, I only bite, hard or otherwise, by special request and I must warn you there's a waiting list.
YetAnotherJanewayFan chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Awh is that all? No fighting, pain, sickness, etc... What a drag... *Pout*
JaMisa27 chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
AudiblexGasp chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Good job! I ususally don't read shorts (since this isn't really a drabble), but this was nice.

C ya!

Tristitia-The-Sin chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
What you just wrote is really a nice piece of art, I guess so it's worth a praise. I like nostalgic fiction and this one is no exception. You did a wonderful job. Thank you
indigo's ocean chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
They moved the review button and I ended up adding this to my favorites! Not that I hadn't intended to but this is happening more often than it should!

Anyway. This was lovely, wonderful, bittersweet, achingly cute and angsty and gah I just love stories with emotions like this. The type of affection Sebastian has is the type I see him having - not love, not lust, just... hmm. A slight longing for a taste.

And with the teakettle and the kitchen utensils... I'm incoherent. It was so good. *bows*

Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
I think this was interesting but incomplete. You start each paragraph with a different thought that is just so removed from the others. There's no flow. The first line did make an impact but you didn't really deliver anything. You didn't say how Sebastian went against his master's orders. It was just so open ended that I have to assume it's about how Ciel wanted Sebastian to carve the pain into his soul. This seemed more like a list than anything else. If you expanded on each point I think this would be a lovely story. Also you had some grammatical problems, such as verb tense, which could be fixed with a read-through. I also noticed your sentence structures are very convoluted. Most writing professors suggest getting straight to the point for sentence structure. As nice as adverbs and adjectives are, too much is overkill. I hope you take this as constructive criticism, because I think you have a lot of potential.
Doctor Faustus chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Reading your story made me feel as though Sebastian has a gentler side to him. As you said, it does provide closure for the reader who is still reeling from the bitterness of the Kuro universe and it's ending.

Randomly, I really liked this line:

"...with an unexplained urge to switch on the oven top cradling a cold tea kettle."

I'm looking forward to reading anything else you come out with ~ 3
LaChoy chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Ohh. So short and sweet. I love how you just add in Sebastian has had other masters and is in the United States (oh creepy~). Just the little details you add. The kitchen utensil in his sleeve, the kitten, and the tea kettle. Love it. I also love how you add in some kind of affection Sebastian has for Ciel without making it fluffy and over the top. It's not them. So way to go, Val. You wrote another great story :D