Reviews for Tangled Threads
Tremaile chapter 12 . 3/29
Mildly disappointed how this deteriorated into such blatant Aes Sedai bashing. Like I said (somewhere earlier, I believe, or I hope I did), you're a talented writer and the Moridin chapter was a rare feast on this site. I read to the end hoping for more of that, but yeah, I get that he's not exactly a protagonist here.

Regardless, I'm curious as to where you're planning to take this.

Also, I noticed that you'd replied to other reviews in the review section itself so I thought I'd point out - someone may have done so already but whatever - that there's a "reply to review" option these days... This site does get something right every now and then.
Tremaile chapter 7 . 3/29
The window scene was amusing.
Tremaile chapter 6 . 3/29
Eh... You're very decidedly not making me like Elnore. :( Also, going on about the Borderlanders wanting to control the Dragon? That situation could have easily been diffused by telling them the truth: that Rand had been ignoring them because they were the only rulers on the continent that he could trust to do their job (guarding the Blightborder) without being bullied into it. That should have put things into perspective for them, without antagonising them. (It also annoys me that Rand didn't tell them that in the books, either, sooo you're in good company with that one I suppose. XD)

It's difficult to figure out who you're trying to present as "good" guys here. So far it reads as though you hate everyone who isn't Rand/Mat/Perrin, Lan, Logain, or Elnore. ...And maybe Adelorna? Looks like she's being presented in a sympathetic light but about to fudge up massively.

And yeah you obviously didn't go down the road I was tentatively guessing at in the previous chapter. Oh well, interesting nonetheless.
Tremaile chapter 5 . 3/29
Okay what.

I'm sure I had other comments in mind along the chapter but that last line quite efficiently blanked my brain so, uh, congratulations? Why is she calling him by his first name, though? Nobody does that. If she's trying to throw him off balance, I'll buy that. Hmm. Dare I jump into conclusions, considering the AU status of this fic... Because if that's the direction you're taking here I'll look past any amount of blatant character bashing. Anyway, reading on.
Tremaile chapter 4 . 3/29
Your Moridin PoV is the best I've read since RJ himself.
Tremaile chapter 2 . 3/29
Now that I finally got past the prologue and the idea of Logain marrying Lan & Nynaeve's daughter, this seems like a great start. Elnore seems like a bit of a powerhouse for her age, but I trust there's more to her than simply being ridiculously powerful and Logain's love interest. You seem to have the canon character voices down pretty well, and the writing itself is really pleasant to read. Curious to see where this is going, so... reading on!
Phantom chapter 12 . 3/24
I'm sorry, I pressed the wrong button. Anyway, one of the things I liked about your story is that you include a bit of the history of the Age of Legend showing that it is the female Aes Sedai who had their heads buried in the sand despite the fact that their plan to use the two Sa'angreal failed and yet they still think they are always right. Perhaps if the Fateful Concord had not been established, the Dark One could have been sealed properly. Furthermore, describing Egwene as a younger Latra Posae Decume is an excellent point. Sanderson hinted at her controlling nature at some point in the books where she expected a warder to obey her. Sadly, he seemed to whitewash the whole failing of the female Aes Sedai in the last book. The arguments given by Rand were tame unlike Robert Jordan's biting commentary in The world of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. Egwene especially, appear to do no wrong in the last book. Frankly, I felt that Mr Sanderson rushed through the entire series instead of taking time to weave the beautiful picture that Mr Jordan did.

On hindsight, perhaps you should have been hired to complete the series. I certainly find your story easier to follow and enjoy that Mr Sanderson's work. I eagerly await the next chapter.
Phantom chapter 12 . 3/23
Welcome back. One
EvilChani chapter 12 . 3/17
Thanks to everyone for the reviews. It really does help keep me motivated when I know there are people reading and enjoying the story! Hopefully, I can keep you all entertained and interested! :-)

Akela95...don't worry, it will be much longer. I have no intention of altering what I had planned, even with aMoL out. Since this is a mirror world (and the world Elnore came from is a mirror world as well), some things will be significantly different than how they were in the series. Other things...well, as I've always seen it, there are some events that will happen no matter what.

Mistress Aynora...in the next chapter, Mat will allude to the letter from Tuon. I will leave it as that, lest I give away spoilers. ;-)

Shinkicker...yes, time will tell. At this point, all we know is that Nynaeve is in the Borderlands and injured. More will be shown as the story moves along. By the way, your name reminds me of The Walking Dead and Daryl's nickname for the baby, lol.

Elemental Dragon Slayer...right now, I believe I can finish the story in less than 50 chapters. I have no intention of doing as Jordan/Sanderson did and dragging it out for the length of three books. Of course, that means some plots will have to move faster and some of the third or fourth tier plots might be left in the air. Also, there will be more of a focus on the Black Tower in this story than there ever was in the series, mainly because I find the Asha'man very interesting and feel exploring them and the BT will be intriguing.

As for Egwene, no I don't like her and never did. She is the ultimate Mary Sue, who always "wins", everyone "loves" (any resistance in the WT was trampled and the people she trampled on respected her instead of resented her). In the beginning, she was a know-it-all (even when she knew nothing), nasty to her friends (particularly Rand and Nynaeve), hypocritical (other people were supposed to follow the rules, but not her), overbearing, and an unmitigated brat who thought she shat roses and sunshine. Toward the end, she was a hypocritical, know-it-all, overly preachy, arrogant tyrannical bully who still treated her friends like crap and still believed that she shat sunshine and roses and didn't have to follow the rules she expected everyone else to respect. She is a crap friend, and isn't really a friend to anyone unless it suits her plans and, even then, she's always looking for ways to manipulate them and get them to do what she wants (like telling the Wise Ones she would not chain them to the WT while thinking she'd just use silk ribbons to do it). It's funny, though, when I write for her, I find it all too easy to slip into her POV. Besides, when someone is that convinced that they know best, and constantly get away with bullying people (or blackmailing or manipulating), it would be easy for them to believe that they really are that much better than everyone else. Meh. She's actually fun to write, lol. But she won't get the 100% support she got in the series, because that just wasn't realistic and she quickly became a complete and utter Mary Sue.

For Rand and his ladies...it isn't that I dislike Rand/Elayne and Rand/Avi, it's just that I don't feel the romances were done well, which is typical of all romances in the series, really! My main problem with Elayne is that she has spent so little time with Rand and seems to show more resentment for him most times than love. I intend to get them some alone time, even if it's not much, so their relationship can be made a bit more believable. With Avi, I think a lot of opportunity was missed. Avi could have been a catalyst in him understanding what true leadership is, as well as understanding that women, just like men, have every right to risk their lives for a cause. Instead, RJ and Sanderson stuck her with Elayne and had almost a girlfriend vibe going with them, so that it seemed like they loved each other (in a romantic way), more than they ever loved Rand. Personally, I halfway wanted it to go that way, to have Avi and Elayne hook up and leave Rand with Min, but I think the foursome can be salvaged with a few scenes to show the love, instead of just showing Elayne cursing Rand for everything under the sun every chance she gets and Avi avoiding him until the very end. JMNSHO.
Elemental Dragon Slayer chapter 12 . 3/17
Hmm, interesting story. Haven't read all of it yet but this chapter was intriguing. I'll have to slog through the rest soon. :D How long do you reckon this fic will be, chapter wise? Just curious since WoT spans so much in terms of characters, subplots, etc... so fanfics are gonna be on the order of 40 chapters or something, if not much more.

Read your profile out of curiosity. So you don't like Egwene? Fair enough... xD I can see why some wouldn't like her. I don't mind her as a character, not a favourite but not a hated one.

What's more intriguing to me is that you don't seem to like Rand/Avi or Rand/Elayne pairings. Or am I interpreting this wrong in that you don't mind them but they just aren't as much of a favourite as Rand/Min? I for one have a distaste for Rand/Min but very much like Rand/Avi and Rand/Elayne. Min got way too clingy and had too much time with him for my liking...
Shinkicker chapter 11 . 12/2/2012
This is quite the interesting story. Quite dark though in parts, very different to the cannon story. I'm worried about who it was that Moridin captured. I'd say it was Nynaeve, but it could have been Min and Cadsuane. Guess time shall tell.

Thanks for posting.

I'd offer to beta but dunno how effective I'd be at it since its been a long time since I've read WOT, and I'm kinda time limited.
Guest chapter 11 . 11/25/2012
this is one of my favorite storys so far and i hope you finish it
speaker4thesilent chapter 11 . 10/27/2012
Finally got around to reading this. Very good read. Its interesting to see the ripples spreading.
Mistress Aynora chapter 10 . 4/4/2012
Tangled Threads indeed. I love your plot twists and seeing characters that are often ignored. I love Logain. A lot has happened in these ten chapters.

But what of Mat's letter from Tuon? Does he even know he is married yet?

I like Rand's personality, and how he deals with LT. And lots of Black Tower action. I am trying to not give away the plot in the review.

Thanks for the fun read.
Wasitora chapter 10 . 3/7/2012
I really like this, and I hope you continue the story. :)
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »