Reviews for The Black Lake
Tazmy chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
I really loved this ending. You play Keller and McKay so perfectly without going over the top to make us sickened but still acknowledging how they feel about each other in canon. I do love McKay's tirade on why Teyla should take the metal. Just awesome.

(As for plots coming from Red Dwarf, I have been thinking it would be awesome if the team met the Inquisitor.)
Tazmy chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
I love this chapter. How I miss my sga boys and I knew one of your fits was perfect for my nostalgia.
Harmne chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
I was re-reading this story tonight, wishing Atlantis was still on the air so I'd have something good to watch - and it occurred to me that your story would have made a really good SGA *movie* - as in the one the network promised when they cancelled SGA for the insipid SGU and never came though with. This would have been excellent! (Might have had to show a little more of the action on Teyla's end, though - what went on in the Hive ship...) I'd have paid to see it!
Harmne chapter 4 . 3/9/2013
Great story! And yeah, the team has crap luck, and usually find the WORST possible things in Pegasus! Loved that Sheppard and McKay had Ronan watching Monty Python!
Becks chapter 4 . 2/25/2013
I gotta say that I enjoyed this story immensely! I actually visualized it completely and felt as if I was watching a Stargate Atlantis movie. The descriptions of every 'scene' was so well written that I didn't have any trouble picturing it in my mind. The characters were true to the series.
You should of heard me scream a cheer when Rodney woke up and started firing at the giant squid. And his lines were hilarious. Plus, I loved Jennifer in this.
Honestly feel like I watched a movie! Great writing.
sheppardlover928 chapter 4 . 10/8/2011
Found this story in a whump community-where it rightly has a home! Your sure whumped our fave team and put them in a really precarious place! Followed by the heartwarming home called Atlantis with all my favorite family members! Great adventure story!
aGreatPenName chapter 4 . 11/1/2010
D this was MOST EXCELLENT! I really enjoyed reading this. Everyone was in character. It was a great plot. And it was just great to read (no monotony, neither was there lets shove as much tedious facts down your throat). It was just great. And what I love about the series, I found in here. Sarcasm and humor that relates to the present day. For example when you mentioned all the "classic" movies Sheppard was showing Teyla and Ronon. That was just spot on!

Also, what's great was that initially I found you through a FANART deviation on DA. I was sent to your live journal, then found your link to . Therefore, through a roundabout way I've deduced that since I've seen nothing BUT great reviews ON ALL 3 SITES, there's no helping it. I'm just going to have to read, every. single. SGA. fanfic you've got. :D

Really I can't rave enough how enjoyable it is to read.

*scurries off to read more*
Whirlwind421 chapter 4 . 8/19/2010
Awesome! Brilliant! I love how Jennifer blew up the squid! I also like how the girls saved the day! And the really sweet moment when Rodney and Jen bumped arms. And when Rodney woke up to save Jennifer. I also liked how you made Ronon not superman. You know I really liked the whole thing. Great story...WRITE MORE!
Runts Gal chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Are you not writing SGA anymore? There have been no new updates for ages and I really enjoy your stuff. Please don't stop because the show was cancelled this is the only way to keep the guys going now.
thelastfury chapter 4 . 12/6/2009
Loved the whole blowing up the squid bit. A little bit of levity to lighten the situation. Awesome story, well written.
Jinxauthor Mel chapter 4 . 11/17/2009
Well, since McKay is my favorite character and he's been mostly unconscious throughout this story, I didn't connect with it as well as with most others you've written. " Also, though I'm scared of spiders, I've never seen a scorpion or squid in real life to feel the true anxiety you tried to evoke. Both points are a pity, because generally I like your stories a great deal.

Due to which I followed this one also from start to finish, and yeah, girls saving the day is pretty cool. .~ I would have liked to accompany Teyla on her rampage against the Wraith rather than just being told about it after the fact, and I really enjoyed Jen blowing up that squid. (Did she get that idea from a movie?) I didn't quite get exactly how that act stopped the next wave of scorpions, though. Did the explosion's fire reach that high? Did they just run from the bright light?

Another thing I didn't grasp was how Teldy's team had been bothered by the squids wherever they were cut off *inside*. What was that commotion partly transmitted in the beginning? Why was the connection cut? If all they had to do was open a door (for more oxygen), why didn't they? How long did the whole ordeal for both parties take? As you can see, a lot of details remain unclear this time.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading, so once again, thank you for writing!
Dimac99 chapter 4 . 10/17/2009
As someone with mild entomophobia and fairly bad arachnophobia, this was a particularly horrific adventure for me to join the team on, but well done to them for surviving so well! I'm afraid I'd have cried and screamed like a girl! I particularly liked that Keller saved the day down below - we all know that Teyla is a very capable warrior and tactician, but Keller isn't, which makes her achievement all the greater. I still don't really ship her and Rodney, sweet though they are, but I don't mind reading about it.
Tazmy chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
This is a great start and I can't wait until I have enough time to read more. The descriptions are vivid as always and I especially liked your description of Woolsey. :)
S3r3n1ty chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
Wonderful story I really enjoyed it. If only the writers had written Keller more like this!

Thanks for sharing.
Martha chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
A grand adventure! Hurrah, and thank you!