Reviews for Dragons of Revolution
Fumseck73 chapter 1 . 4/3
I WANT ANOTHER CHAPTER !
empressofmelnibone chapter 1 . 2/10
Ok first, I must join the masses, and beg and plead and cry that you give a few more chapters (drops to my knees with hands in a begging posture) Please, anything. A chapter (or ten), just please more. Please, this story demands more chapters!

Now that's over, OMG this is amazing. Sano as a baby dragon is Awesome! The descriptions are so realistic, and beautifully worded that reading this is far more than reading words on a screen, but a sensory experience.

I can't help but laugh at the idea of Sano, the snarkiest, devil-may-care person in RK and Kenshin the proper, dutiful, introspective teenage swordsman being matched up together is a match made in comedy heaven.

The story is amazing and original, the characters are perfectly in character, it's just such an amazing story. The only flaw is lack of more chapters. Just a scene with Kenshin and Sano at the aerie dojo would be enough to suffice.
Ryouseiteki chapter 1 . 2/9
Asdflkj I haven't read this series in ages but OMG Sano is the dragon and the kamiya dojo is the aerie and asdflkjhaaaaaaaaaaah yaaaaaaaaas I love this idea!
picabone99 chapter 1 . 1/24
brilliant idea! loved the story, wish that there was more. think that you did a great job on the characters!
bereshit001 chapter 1 . 1/22
I don't know the crossover book, but this story and the idea were so good, my heart aches for a second chapter. O, One-shot, wherefore art thou One-shot...
Cute Kirby chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
Oh, I definitely want more of this!
Dragon Sanosuke, and still with his white coat with evil written on it and his rooster head, is just too perfect! He and Kenshin are going to make an awesome team. :D
waiting4morning chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Oh wow. RK and Temeraire. This is one of the best crossover ideas I've ever seen and you handled it superbly. My only complaint is that this needs to be much, much longer! :)
BlackShadow1 chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
love it welll done
Elise chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Great, awesome, unique and ingenious. :)
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Very nice. I'd love to see more of this crossover.
Fai Gensou chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
I'd love to see more of this universe
Ghingahn chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
The only Rurouni Kenshin/Temeraire crossover, and it's one of the best stories I've ever read. Thank you for being awesome.
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
This really interesting. There are a lot history hiding in Kenshin's scathing monologue and the general superstition as expected of the time line. I may not know Temeraire but the oneshot had enough context to not bother a research. RK definitely didn't have dragons.

Megumi and Sanosuke. hehe, fitting.
Gustavius3 chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Clap Clap Clap (continue for five minutes), this is an excellent tale, is there any chance of you continuing it?
Melethril chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
This was a wonderful read.
I really, really hope that this story belongs to those "many" you've planned a sequel for.

Enough of what I hope and wish, let's get to the review:

As in so many of your stories, you demand your reader's full attention from the very beginning to the end. If one decides to overlook a single sentence or even a short exclamation because you just *need* to know what happens next, it's an absolute certainty that this one sentence was vital, or just littered with subtle references that, so you go back to read the entire paragraph. Or chapter. Or story.
You have a real talent at catching me off-guard. I read this story several times, and I remember thinking once "that's not the story I've read a few days ago. What the hell did I miss?"

The longing in Kenshin's thoughts at the very beginning is palpable. As well as his pain over being an outcast and being feared.

"Granted, those about him truly believed Meiji's dragon Amidamaru was a sign of divine blessing - and could he say they were wrong? For a Celestial to be hatched of two Imperials was an event rare as snow in midsummer, and far more precious." - Reading this makes me wish I know Temeraire. Just to see whether this was something you made up or something I'm actually supposed to know.

"the little dragon nearly tangle itself in its own wings, before it figured out which talon went where and scrabbled across the clearing" - I could visualize this so easily. It made me smile.

The initial introduction between the "Sano-dragon" and Kenshin was just great :) Sano is perfectly in character, even as a dragon.

.-.-.-.-
What's so funny?" the hatchling said suspiciously. Jerked his head around, and hissed. "Hey! Why are you saying that? That's mean!"

Suddenly cold, Kenshin knew what the little one had heard. He could hear most of it himself; human ears weren't as keen as dragons', but a hitokiri knew how to listen.

"Demon-born..."

"Let a curse near good luck, see what happens..."

"Only a matter of time 'til he kills Katsura-san..."

"They're calling me a-" Wings and talons were spread, hissing swathes of white. "Good men, hell! I'm not a demon!"

Kenshin swallowed dryly, catching a snow-scaled shoulder before the hatchling could leap. He'd held swords from being drawn by men three times his size; he could hold a little dragon. Barely. "They are not... calling you a demon." Soft. I didn't know he'd be so soft. Like fine brocade. "Please. Wait for our sorashi to get here. They will find you an honorable companion."
.-.-.-.-.
This is one of my favorite parts. It's heart-breaking and heart-warming at the same time. Kenshin's longing on top of the pain of being called demon is painful, but it rings very true.

.-.-.-.-

When I read that Megumi was Kamyia's dragon (absolutely love the idea of writing a story with Kaoru's father, by the way - there are far too few about him anyway), I could just hear the future arguments between Sano and her ;)

.-.-.-.-.
"Kwannon, Lady of Mercy, please let him not be afraid of heights. I can deal with anything else, I swear it." That made me laugh :) Nope, you don't have to worry about that, Koshijirou. Other things? Yes. Not that.
.-.-.-.-

"Himura, Koshijirou told himself forcefully in the face of amber eyes. He is Himura Kenshin, and in my charge, and I will not flinch. Sanosuke deserves that."

Reading that I thought first, "Good. Koshijirou will be good for them" and then I got angry, "What do you mean, 'Sanosuke deserves that'? Kenshin doesn't?"... His fear is understandable, but there is potential for some conflict in the beginning... Well, until he knows better.

.-.-.-.
" Battousai - Himura had taken on the Shen lung of the Miburou, Saitou Hajime, and walked away intact..." - I'm officially dying to know more...

.-.-.-.-

No," Katsura shook his head. "You don't know. He's gentle, when he can be..." The Choushuu leader sighed. "Were you seen?"

I'm glad Katsura sees that. And grimly pleased that he feels guilty for what he asked Kenshin to do.

.-.-.-.

A very bad day indeed :)

.-.-.-.-

Conclusion: It's a great story 3500 words packed with tension and plot and it's not enough to satisfy my hunger to know what happens next.

Thank you very much for this.