Reviews for A Different Kind of Battle
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 15 . 11/1/2014
Wow, amazingly written! Great work!
GalanthaDreams chapter 15 . 12/30/2013
The emotion you put into this story was compelling. Great piece.
MissMorrigan chapter 15 . 12/6/2013
Awwww that was a very very sweet story!
Beloved Daughter chapter 15 . 10/30/2013
Really sweet story. Thank God for men like Charlie. Thanks for writing and posting!
MzMalfoy chapter 15 . 10/11/2013
Aw, a very sweet story. I wish we'd seen a bit more of her healing though, the ending felt very abrupt...
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 15 . 8/17/2013
I had tears in my eyes by the end. This story really gets the emotional aspect of things down, and it's good that it ended on a happy note. I like how everyone is happy but there's still an underlying progress, they are still coping with what the war did. I also like Luna and George's friendship.

A few suggestions for edits:

1. " George finally looked at him[COMMA]searching for the answers THAT must have compelled him to come out in public after so much time."
2. "Charlie was on his feet AND running after her,"
3. "She is also under the effects of a dreamless sleeping draught to counteract the headache she NO doubt has after the memory modification."’
4. ", breathing so deeply, looking so PEACEFUL,"

Great ending to a fantastic story!
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 14 . 8/17/2013
Thank you for having Hermione explain why she erased her parent's memories and the overall effect it had on her family. Rowling never really addressed that in the books, and I think it's a valid reason to share with Charlie. There has been so much character development in such a short time, and I'm really glad you chose to focus the story on Charlie and Luna.

Just a few edits to suggest:

1. ", slowly turning Luna's wand between his fingers as he WAITED to see her."
2. "Oh, Charlie," she'd cried, hugging HIM to her much smaller body as he'd cried too."
3. "when Ron and I got home last night and WERE told you were gone I knew, "
4. "That sort of thing you're SUPPOSED to share with your parents,"

Kudos on a heartfelt chapter.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 13 . 8/17/2013
I like how there is an heir of mysticness about Luna's house. And how Charlie slowly allows himself to realize he's in love with her. I also think you paced the Weasleys coming back to the house perfectly. Although, how did they know to look at Luna's when Charlie only told Hermione about it?
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 12 . 8/17/2013
I noticed that your writing has great improved :-) I only notice one typo near the end of this chapter:

", turning his MIND from his forbidden feelings and thinking up a new variation of soup he had yet to try out." (your current sentence reads "turning his find.")

I enjoy this story. No matter how many times I read it. There's something light-hearted in the healing process. And it's good to see the progression of trust, instead of stories that focus on just the good aspects of life and relationships.

Kudos on a wonderful chapter.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 10 . 8/17/2013
The story is reaching it's climax, but I think it's fascinating that Charlie chooses Luna over his family. In this instance though, the understanding between them further's their story, allowing the readers a glimpse of hope for Luna. I like that she trusted him enough to run to him, she could have hidden in any room. and this trust is believable,
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
Luna's fragile state creates a good basis for the story, she's the reason the pacing speeds up and slows down. But, I think that makes her interactions with Charlie make more sense, you know? And, I like how Charlie, although his reason's are semi-selfish (he's avoiding his family by helping her), it shows that some people deal with grief by helping some one else. I'm intrigued to see if Charlie does any healing in this time as well.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 8 . 8/17/2013
It's fascinating that you're exploring the idea of coping through Charlie avoiding his family. It's often easier to cope with someone else's pain, a situation you are removed from, than it is to deal with personal grief and pain. I like that you explore everyone's reactions, Molly's. Charlie's, and even Luna's without going into extreme detail. It's nice to see a broad range of characters interacting as separate people instead of one group.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 7 . 8/17/2013
I like how you keep that air of uniqueness about Luna, but it's changed from light and whimsical to dark and sad. These interactions show how damaging her experience was, and that there are different war time experiences, instead of just focusing on Harry, Ron and Hermione.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 6 . 8/17/2013
I'm intrigued to know what goes on in Luna's mind within this story. You capture her reactions so vividly, I can visualize just how she moves , smell, looks. It gives the story a more prominent feeling, gets the story stuck in the reader's head.
romanceluver22 chapter 15 . 6/16/2013