Reviews for Letting Go
eriknachtmusik chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I like this. Have you ever heard of Mark Schultz's Walking Her Home? I instantly thought of it when I watched Up.
Taylor Robinson chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Awww soo sweet! i adore this movie and the life long love between Carl and Ellie, you captured that very well in this story
teacupz chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
and... that... was... pretty... amazing.

oh! it really reminded me to the movie! ;_; and Up is a very good movie, with lots of angst and action and everything that's heart-warming. and one of those heart-warming things was this scene. _

I simply loved Ellie's final message in the adventure book! _ ah, it's pretty touching - I almost cried when I saw the scene. yeah, almost... I wonder why, but actually the part when I cried and touched my heart the most was the part when Carl gave Russel the Ellie's badge. ;_; oh, out of topic, ain't it? let's just continue with the review...

in this story, I could feel almost the same atmosphere with the scene in the movie; though there's something that made this fic and the real movie seemed different and nice at their own ways. maybe because it's a 'writing', and because you put something different - Ellie's voice. I don't really remember the movie, though. but, I guess there's nothing like Ellie's voice there. so, you seemed to dig some of Carl's thoughts and put them in the story. heh.

and, that's actually my favorite piece of this story. it's really touching when you wrote about Ellie's words; especially on the second part - she said a lot of 'remember's and it's really sweet! the first part was sweet too, filled with dreams! though, I think it could be given some kind of centered effects if you put it in a new sentence like the second part.

umm, sorry if I'm wrong, but this line: Carl pushed the chairs upright and straightened them just right before settling himself in his. / I think the word 'his' seemed a bit odd in the sentence; or not? I'm not sure... I just think it might be better if you changed it into 'it' (the sentence meant that Carl settled on his chair, rite? _).

anyway, the ending was nice. somehow cliff-hanging, but somehow not. heh heh. and I loved when you mentioned about 'Ellie had found her Paradise Falls long ago…'. oh! I felt touched when I read that line! :')

thanks for such a great fic! you're pretty talented and your fic was pretty enjoyable. your grammar was very good. wow! heh heh. keep on writing! _
Sing-A-Ma-Jig Mc1337 chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
I remember being so happy when I first saw this fanfic about a year ago. Since then, the section has grown and flourished. I thank you for an enjoyable contribution!
Glittering Turquoise chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Great story! I loved it! -
Tatyana Witwicky chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
This is beautifully written..

I fell in love with this movie, I've seen it so many times..

The beginning where Ellie died made me tear up, I was worried for my Dad to see it because my mom died this time last year...

But he liked it, which was good.

This part in the movie gets me crying everytime...

I love that Ellie is pretty much saying for Carl to move on, and find a new adventure, even if it meant without her.

Keep up the good writing!
DissectingPomegranates chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
just saw the movie, crying and now your wee fic has set me off again!

thanks for the wee sweet fic
Butter Biscuit chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I loved this story also! You should write more Up stories, I really liked that movie and i like your stories.
LM Simpson chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Such a beautiful piece. I always believed that some of the best written stories were short. A wonderful fanfic for a wonderful movie, I have to say.

Have a good day!

Kady the Red Panda
nancy drew nickerson chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Aw, very sweet. Yeah, I loved this movie, too. It was so good, as was your story :) Keep up the good work. Good job.

-nancy drew nickerson
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
(wiping tears) That was so sweet, just like it the cartoon!
TeaRoses chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Oh, this was so sweet. I could just see Carl through your words. And I love how even in his memories it's Ellie who speaks. I hope people write more good Up fanfic for this site.
Netbug-Archive chapter 1 . 5/31/2009

Nicely done! I like how you have Carl hearing Ellie's voice in his head. This is very sweet and brought back good memories of the film. :)
BabyCharmander chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
YAY! I was hoping to find Up fanfiction but I was worried the movie would be tainted by badfic or something. This was great, though! You made me all teary-eyed...

I spotted a few grammar errors, but other than that it was seriously awesome. :D Nice work!
swarlock chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
I choked up when he put his hand over Ellie's wise words.