Reviews for It Was a Dark and Stormy Night
Avenging Neko chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Ok what is wrong with me, u at 8am? Tch. But that just means more review stalking. Poor Integra, thatd be a nasty nightmare. But d'aw, Alucard was nice about it. Heh, what can harm you with a hellhound guarding your bed?
Larisa chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Wonderful one-shot...
Tristitia-The-Sin chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
This is so cute! Very sweet.
Suicide In A Bottle chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Aw that's really cute and very comforting.
Lion in the Land chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
That was a really cool one shot. I like that it gave a more detailed account of that fateful day with Uncle Richard, the day Integra met Alucard, but also gave us a look at how their relationship and Alucard's regard for her progressed that first year. Looks like she had him wrapped around her pinkie from very early on. This is really like a prequel to ISD, isn't it?

Your introductory paragraph was fantastic with the "arrows clattering against an ancient, besieged castle" and the wind howling "like a werewolf readying to attack." Wicked analogies.

Something that didn't set quite right with me was when Walter called her "Sir." Did everyone call her sir from the beginning, or did that come later, as a way for her to command the respect she deserved but wasn't getting? Either way, this was in a dream, not reality, so it's not a big thing.

So, do you think that back then Walter was already having his traitorous leanings? Do you think he possibly knew Integra wasn't playing and thought Uncle Richard could save him a lot of trouble?

I thought your slips into dream-like qualities were well done. Just when it started seeming like an exact recollection, the bed and her father disappeared, and her uncle turned into a monster-a fanged red-eyed monster that she was running FROM, which is ironic, because in reality that's what she was running TO! Genius, MetroK.

"No weakness in fear." I. Love. That. I have told my kids that so many times, but in different words-too many words that were probably very confusing. Ah, but next time I'll be prepared. ;) Thanks.

-Lila
j chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
aw I love this fic! I love the relationship btwn alucard and integra.
Mtyugi chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
This was adorable! It was a wonderful read! lol :P
crimsonwolf333 chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
aw! _
Skylark-90 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
d'aw this was so cute, i loved it 3
marora chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
It's nice to read a story with a kind and encouraging Alucard. Please keep writing!
Breeze13 chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Aw... It's so cute! I had nightmares of abandonment after a... traumatizing experience and there is absolutely nothing in the world that's more comforting than someone you know and trust watching over you as you fall asleep.
LoveHopes chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Love! This is excellent! I loves it. .
FoxyWolf16 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I should be working on my own stuff, but I've recently delved back into the world of Hellsing, and got curious about what stocked on it...and lo and behold, something so darn cute I almost cried! BRAVO!

I want a Alucard-puppy...
Alastor Vega chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
The beginning of the story kind of remind me of a horror novel. A very great insight of INtegra's character. We usually dont she the more vulnerable side of her that much. The tragedy that happen to her and the burden of running a organization must of been really hard on her. Though I think that what made her a stronger individual. And that really was an F'ed up nightmare. I think the cruelest part was the non-caring Walter. Which made me think where was he when that happen in the first place. Makes you think he was a Millennium spy. And I like the interaction that Alucard gave to Integra. Being gentle, supportive and reassuring. See, he aint all blood and violent. But my fave was the Baskerville part when he was sleeping next to INtegra. I'm a sucker for Baskerville and Alison. Great job as always.
quickyfant chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Hi!

*BIG SMILE* My plot bunny worked! Is so proud of that bunny! ;) *feeds the bunny and is not ever calling him off* :D

Now getting a little bit more serious after being full of glee! ;)

I like so many things about the story! The setting is perfect, describing the atmosphere, but we all know it could be a sunny day and it would not matter!

I was particularly intrigued by the "Walter-scene" I think its THE enigma left after finishing the manga, why wasnt Walter there for Integra after Arthur died and at the end "coming clean at being a traitor all the time"? Its just a WTH moment for me the whole Walter affair!

I liked it how it could be "explained" or simply shown as the product of a fourteen year old Integra brain, why the hell was Walter not there for her! Its a interesting read (had to re-read actually) because it mixes her fear, questions and her love for him. Its truly maybe more terrifying that dreaming of her Uncle. He betrayed her, she killed him, she wont have to deal with him anymore (well physically). Walter for another part is a grey area, even if she does not acknowledge it, her subconscious must be working overtime about trusting him or not, and discerning all her feelings toward him for his actions before and after killing her Uncle!

So if Walter wasnt there for her, even if its a logical thing to assume that if he is the loyal butler, he would never have left, then its a natural thing to begin to fear that the one who was there for her, could be absent another time!

I liked how you worked that part of a subconscious trying to make sense out of things and coming to other type of conclusions!

Loved the fear-confronting talk! And how Alucard is always teasing her, the "Happy Anniversay" was brilliant, I can think of him saying such things! ;)

But I think the favorite part of mine is the one where he thinks he is the one provoking her nightmares, and how he could be truly hurt about that! Well its a risk, how can you be sure that the one who went back in time to imprison you, and you let her because well he knew she was his Countess, later wont be terrified of the monster in the basement? I liked that you showed his insecurities also!

His talk of "if I am not here" is it for when he screws up time (GK) or for Schroedingers? Gah I am confused now, what he is aware of because time was changed, he cant see the future, or he just knows its practical to think that there would be occasions where he isn't around even if he doesn't want to?

And you have to give him points of really being patient! Even he in his perverseness knows its preferable to assume the dog form for a little Integra! ;) *pats the plot bunny* :D

I liked the three times turning before lying down! Perfect! *is happy*

I really liked how you touched upon important issues and finished with fluff, nice age appropriate fluff! :) THANKS SO MUCH!