Reviews for A Pressing Need to Save the World
Devin Trinidad chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
This was a short, but wonderful piece that you have written here. While Mello was characterized perfectly, I felt that Near was a bit too...I don't know, human? He's human, yes, but he acts more like a robot at most times. Perhaps he was humanized by the Doctor and maybe travel with the Time Lord and exposure to different planets might have made him more sympathetic and caring.

I kind of find it surprising that Near was the one how had to forgo his prestigious position when clearly Mello was the rebel. (Even Matt could have been a prime Companion since he's laid-back and smart.) Then again, maybe the Doctor would like a little challenge in his life and he wouldn't have to worry about his friend falling in love with him (as the result of RTD. Thanks!).

I especially love that last line with the Doctor and Near. Totally impossible, but yet plausible. And of course, the shinigami weren't telling us everything, eh Ryuk? (Then again, Light is way too logical to ever ask if he was from another galaxy.)

By the way, if you were to continue this, could you please do a prequel. You know, because there must have been an adventure or two that must have happened before Near became the Doctor's newest Companion. :)

In other words, this fanfic was 100 percent fantastic, brilliant, and absolutely cool.

Minus the fez.
gandalf chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
In Happy Endings, a spin-off novel by Paul Cornell, there's an appearance by a character called Death who is also Death from The Sandman by Neil Gaiman.
Time Watchers chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
I wish there was more chapters.

I like the fact you made a great crossover and I would like an sequel but its not likely to ever happen.
Deekie chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
this was pretty cool :P even though, ill be honest, i cant see near giving up his place to mello or being a companion :), but i enjoyed it... and that line at the end about what a shinigami would see.. cool :)

xx
Maggie chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Mello as L...Near as a companion...Shinigami as aliens...this is priceless.
Mooncry chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Excellent wording and plot. I would never had thought that Near would turn down the offer of being L and be the one to travel with the Doctor.

A bit more descriptive imagery for the five year after for Mello's appearance. I find it a bit unfair for Mello that Near gets the imagery.

How did the Doctor and Near meet anyways?
TIBryant chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I read this story on Livejournal and I just had to come to to search for it, so I could add it to my favorites. It was so cute! 3
Lord Axxingtons chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
That... was a pretty damn awesome story.

I know, I'm so good at constructive criticism...

It was realistic in both universes - the Death Note one and the Doctor Who one; you could concieve it happening in either one. Good work! :D
I've Left The Site chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
This is perfect.

You should seriously consider writing another piece in this setting.
oztan chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
You know I hope you keep write with story because I like to know what happens next and what the favor is.

And I big fan of Mello/Near
MRegent.2 and Pangie chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Brilliant! This ia amazing, how did you think this up?
WalkInEternity chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Love this! I never thought it was possible to put DN and DW together, but you did so. Not only did you succeed, but you did a very good job as well!