Reviews for Of Daggers and Queens
myra chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
i always enjoy a fic showing lucy's skills as a warrior. and this one was excellent!
MDPD43 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Excellent writing my friend. However, if I recall correctly didn't Lucy stave off Trumpkin's fellow dwarf attacker (albeit for only a moment) with her dagger, when he was blindsided by him in Prince Caspian?..Still, all in all VERY nice piece of add-on fiction.
killer4853 chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
love the story
nequam-tenshi chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
A beauty portrayal of Lucy the Valient! Will you continue?
Team1DUnionJcat chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH! PLEASE UPDATE SOON! I WANNA READ MORE! :D
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Lucy was right. We do tend to think of her only as a healer, but in 15 years, there certainly would have been times when she would have had to fight. A very good story, which I just found.
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Rock on. Excellent story. And I'm glad Caspian was wise enough to see Lucy as she was as much as how she is. And to learn from her.

-Ellie
Jaguarsolaris chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
i love seeing lucy as the warrior are you going ton continue?
rthstewart chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
It's very nice to see Edmund, Caspian and the old Narnians treating Lucy as Queen in her own right, small size notwithstanding. One of my favorite parts of the films is Lucy yanking out her dagger in LWW and announcing fiercly, "We have to help Peter!" She does ride to battle with a bow in Horse and his Boy, but there is otherwise no mention in books or films of the Valiant Queen using her dagger save for that one moment in the movie LWW is it. So, thank you for this new interpretation, and for the care and research you put into a fight scene.
Lirenel chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Interesting. I think it works well with the movies, though I'm still hoping Lucy gets a chance to chine a bit more in Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The only reason it differs from the books is that, in the books, Susan didn't fight and Lucy did. Though, you're right, they don't really mention her using her dagger. In the Battle of Anvard she used a bow. In fact, I hadn't realized that Lucy doesn't use her dagger much in the books until you wrote this. Good story. I really liked Caspian and Edmund treating her as a Queen in her own right.
redrose7856 chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
LOVE IT! Lucy is too awesome to be kept on the sidelines! I mean, come on! Can you imagine her on a battlefield? That would be totally wicked! Maybe the producers will let her fight in the next movie! Excellent job!

redrose7856
jesi ki kage chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
COOL! ITS LIKE ONE OF THOSE HIDDEN SIDE STORIES! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
DarkPhoenix101 chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
It's interesting and well writen, but it points out yet another reason why I hate the movies. In the books Susan is not the great warrior queen the films make her out to be. In the Horse and His Boy it's Lucy who rides to battle, not Susan, and it's pretty clear this is the normal pattern of events in the Golden Age. Lucy is the warrior queen, not Susan. Despite Father Chrismas's words that "battles are ugly when women fight" Lucy is determined to defend the country she loves, whereas Susan is happy to fall in with the feminine sterotype those words suggest. And of course in the end she abandons Narnia altogether. I can't help think the two are related